pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

Did you switch your Steam client over to using the Development Build?

Always on dev build. Im on work now so screw it anyway.

Scope optics, Binoculars & Range Finders in the jungle is buttery smooth here.

Terrain settings:  Ultra

Textures: Very High

*FEEDBACK*

i found a missplaced Object: 

http://imgur.com/a/ptjFI

But so far a very very cool map! Running through the Jungle, finding old ruins, run along a path until you are out of the jungle, just awesome!

From the deserts of Altis and Stratis straight to Tanoa, definately a step in the right direction. The greener feel just makes the whole game look better and more appealing to the eye. Can't wait to see all our favorite mods/mission ported to this wonderful map. Thanks for the amazing content and I can't wait to see the rest!

• Like 3

One bit of feedback... On top of Mt. Tanoa near the antenna, there is a blue building. Inside this build is are two doors very near each other. It is possible to get your self stuck behind both of them (opened) with no way to get out. Oh and something about this update has screwed with TrackIR. If you look right or left and zoom, (right mouse) your view snaps front-ish. I assume the update did this since it wasn't acting that way previously. Tanoa is absolutely beautiful! You did one hell of a job here BI!!! I'm quite satisfied with my purchase.

I'm still having the bug where it tells me to purchase Apex even though I own it, is anyone able to get it working when they're updating with the Game Updater?

Also wondering if it's my time zone, I'm in Hawaii which is basically the furthest from GMT you can get, will post back tomorrow if it works for me then.

EDIT: People are reporting on reddit that Tanoa is only working if you have the dev branch installed to your primary install location. So now I'm using Game Updater to make a second install of the stable branch... Whew. Arma.

Made this short subjective clip.

Map looks great I hope it was my individual issue with FPS tho. I am using GTX 970 and was struggling big time with frames.

Anyhow Bohemia fantastic work I hope a lot of people will buy Apex it is worth it with no doubt.

Stable 40+ fps for me:

Viewdistance: 1000 (perfect for jungle)

Object distance: 800 (perfect for jungle)

eveything on ULTRA

FX-8350 @4.0Ghz

24GB DDR3 1600Mhz

GTX980

ArmA on Samsung Evo SSD

Amazing job BIS! My most favourite Island by far! :jump_clap:

• Like 2

Hi guys, a few issues I would like to run by you guys

1. For some reason all my server-created map markers are invisible on the map display for players (opening Zeus map reveals them). In fact, all map controls seem to be disabled?

2. Possible to run BattlEye successfully on Dev Build? Clients getting Unknown Game Version kicked on join.

3. ???

The big cranes at Blue Pearl are all floating

UijNb5C.jpg

Can confirm

Hq3tEbT.jpg

• Like 1

There was another mod that had an actual tropical camo but i don't remember it's name, so ya.

Spec 4 Vest is the mod with Tropical camo on G3 uniforms

I just had an AI driver take me across the island. While he managed to stick to the roads mostly (he went offroad once for a shortcut) and even managed to pass one of the bigger inter-island bridges, he generally went too fast. And I don't mean the speed limit only. He missed like every single waypoint because he wouldn't brake soon enough. And when we approached the roundabout in Georgetown (with, like 120 KPH :D), he actually crashed into the barrier because he wasn't able to steer the car in time. End of journey.

• Like 4

Driving the circuit around Tanoa is a complete joy. Seriously.

I think we need a driving/racing mission asap.

edit: The winding mountain roads!

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Game_Updater_Manual

This will instal new ARMA 3 on your pc so you can have both versions at the same time so you dont need to switch back and forward all the time

For me + others at the time of writing, a secondary install via GU doesn't properly unlock Tanoa (blame steam?).

Had a cracking time flying around Tanoa last night... Streamed it so some mates could see and though you might be interested in the findings. Messed with Ai visibility through trees etc and some combat scenarios to test "Jungle Warefare"

• Like 2

ATC tower at Tuvanaka Airbase (north west) is facing the wrong way

edit: seems like most of them are facing backwards, unless the terminals are supposed to be facing away from the action

My first impressions of this map are very good. While the island is substantially smaller than Altis, it preserves its uniqueness by offering loads of interesting landmarks. More importantly it avoids the GTA island pitfall where the whole thing just looks (and feels) artificial, a syndrome some of the custom maps suffer from unfortunately. Performance is surprisingly good on my potato so Im quite happy about that. Sounds are amazing as well, really do a great job in increasing the overall immersiveness. Some points for improvement are the underwater scenery and the midrange textures. The latter has long since been the achilles heel of Arma 3 so Im not sure what, if any, improvements can be made here. Oh and one tiny little thing that bugs me are the skyscrapers in Georgetown. Theyre nicely modeled, but could you add some variety by replacing the red textures on some of them? A simple color swap would drastically lower the copy/paste syndrome. Overall a fantastic job by the team.

• Like 1

For me + others at the time of writing, a secondary install via GU doesn't properly unlock Tanoa (blame steam?).

I can confirm the GU doesn't work, i suspect its a steam issue not detecting the DLC.  :(

The big cranes at Blue Pearl are all floating

UijNb5C.jpg

These flying cranes and other misplaced buildings and objects (cinder blocks, etc.) are caused by obsolete and thus incompatible version of structures_f_exp_industrial.ebo addon on Dev-branch. The correct version is on the way. Please do not report related bugs, we know about these issues.

• Like 8

Some bugs:

From .RPT:

Cannot register unknown string STR_MP_KICKED_SLOW_NETWORK
Cannot register unknown string STR_OCULUSRIFT
Animation a3\cargoposes_f\anim\passenger_flatground_leanleft_kia.rtm not found or empty
Animation a3\cargoposes_f\anim\passenger_flatground_leanright_kia.rtm not found or empty
Sound: Error: Invalid/unsupported sample format: RainHouses_High_SoundSet
Error loading control bin\config.bin/Display3DEN/Controls/PanelLeft/
Error loading control bin\config.bin/Display3DEN/Controls/PanelRight/
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.a3_structures_f_exp_industrial_sugarcanefactory_01'.
Warning Message: No entry '.units'.
Edited by pr9inichek

Oh and something about this update has screwed with TrackIR. If you look right or left and zoom, (right mouse) your view snaps front-ish. I assume the update did this since it wasn't acting that way previously.

I noticed this as well, and I assume it is inteded. What it seems to do is to limit the sensitivity of TrackIR a lot while aiming down sights in order to make it easier to center the sights. Furthermore, I think this is also an attempt to solve the issue where you can look around while aiming down zoomed optics. The RCO has had this issue since beta, where you could look down the scope and look around with the same amount of zoom as the scope has, as the view wasn't locked when zoomed in as it should be.

Everything I saw so far looks great. One thing I have to say is that I would love to see more buildings being enterable, at the moment there are already a lot of them but specially in the bigger cities I found a lot of non enterable buildings, which made me a bit upset.