pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

This I think has to be the best map in the arma series. It doesn't feel abandoned or lost, instead it feels like a place where people live or very recently lived. There are also so many little things throughout the map that just make it feel complete. Even though it's smaller then Altis it feels much bigger because of how many places there are. Also the jungle environment is down amazingly well, you could drive a tank through the jungle and from the air people could miss you even if looking for you. Which is great because thats how it should be, it should be dense with bushes, tress, and general foliage.

But ground textures are a bit off when moving around like they have a weird coloration (kinda like a neon green), also the dry dock in the town north-east of the map. had some weird pop in there like some of the structural parts of it were treated like grass thus disappeared at around 50 or maybe 100 meters. Also in the north-east town the dock cranes were floating like 20 meters above the ground, though hard to say exact because I was flying.

Again this map far surpasses what i expected and what I bet most of us expected. Can't wait for the rest of Apex to be available.

Sniper belongs up there^^^^

Speechless BI....

Man, it would be nice to have at least two church models with accessible towers. (In any version of Arma)

Trenches working comfirmed!

20160607231119_1_zps42lzhfoo.jpg

Rocks in the distance

20160607221702_1_zpspj2wbs3i.jpg

Carefull now!

20160607231740_1_zps7qodupxf.jpg

Quite a view!

20160607221248_1_zpshishgewh.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know if it's the lack of an SSD in my computer, but I have terrible LOD issues and the textures beyond 50 meters look terrible.

Are all the towns really clean looking? It looks to me like everything is freshly made lol

They don't look like they have 1 speck of dirt on them :unsure:

Cause of all the litter bins! 

b071d4ef27b8759dd5c4f0b54f2cee21.png

• Like 2

Some vertex got displaced on the sea bed near La Rochelle...

TXvKpE0.jpg

Markings continue on sea bed at Blue Pearl...

cBDgJZd.jpg

This is the waterline bug... it has returned.... (at blue pearl)

DB0BD4886C1215FA75BF71E824903DC8294FA4F6

edit: another bug with the shipyard 

97E24502CFD7D5468E9597B7A60FC8796E2CC3CB

i pre-ordered but no update. Is there a way to install on steam? Sorry if already asked been v.b. thanks

I can see this bridge becoming problematic for AI :D But still beautiful none the less! Reminds me of Venice actually! 

36a03eacf1d7226e0d18e2f5f4a387f3.png

119bd5e0c93997f8da5941f9eaa37b5c.png

• Like 1

I think the Game Updater isnt working, as ive just found out after installing. May have to switch to main branch to dev  :mellow:

I got it to work by first switching my normal branch (in Steam) to dev branch, starting it once (you now see the APEX content in the lower, owned DLC bar), then switching back to stable. After that, the dev branch installed via Game Updater worked as well

AI are able to drive/walk on the long bridge with not trouble! I'm speechless

The map is gorgeous, maybe the best so far (beside the fact that many buildings are not enter-able).

We need a Predator mod like the one in A2  :ph34r:

i pre-ordered but no update. Is there a way to install on steam? Sorry if already asked been v.b. thanks

You have to switch your game in devbranch (properties, beta then you switch from there).

First impression is great, but: Where is the underwater landscape. In such a terrain, I expect coral reefs, but there's NOTHING. A few rocks, a few plants, that's it.

While it looks good above water, it is a bleak barren wasteland under water.

• Like 1

the coral rif north is quite nice though

• Like 1

How about the B-17 wreck and the crashed Zero in the trees?

Has someone found them already?

• Like 1

What can I say.. the terrain looks absolutely beautifull. :)

However, what I'm more astonished by is how well the Ai navigates through the jungle. It works exactly as I'd hope. I just saw an Ai teammate crawl underneath a big fallen tree and come out on the other side.

Also, my first firefight in Tanoa's jungle went very well, it didn't feel like Ai could see through the woods whatsoever. 

• Like 1

How about the B-17 wreck and the crashed Zero in the trees?

Has someone found them already?

i did in quite a few places, let me know when you find the b25
  • Like 1

Can you indicate where they were please?

And also a B-25???

• Like 1

1st look : having an issue with tall trees foliage.

After  driver update, issue less annoying but still here :

IbLP0J0.jpg

Full size screenshot

On my "Dev" rig, I am using an i7-3770 and an entry end HD 7770 GPU.

This card performances are well above those of the  HD 7750 from the official "Recommended" requirements.

It  seems that since the 1.60 "Visual Update" as on this Tanoa 1.61 Dev-Build this GPU is overloaded, always used at a 100% level.

So, for me, there are 2 issues here, one related to foliage lods and render the other about GPU requirements for Arma3 - Apex

Heh guys, just want to know something : did you use GameUpdater to download Tanoa, or the old "Beta > switch to developement branch" within the Steam app ?

Back from work i was able to download the 6GB update using GameUpdater (i do own Apex, since January), but once i'm ingame all i have is this ugly blue "purchase" button. I don't really want to screw up my Arma 3 regular installation, so i'm a bit reluctant to switch using steam application.

Edit : nevermind, Varanon answered while i was typing :p

How does it feel to be a mere mortal again? ;)

• Like 1

Heh guys, just want to know something : did you use GameUpdater to download Tanoa, or the old "Beta > switch to developement branch" within the Steam app ?

Back from work i was able to download the 6GB update using GameUpdater (i do own Apex, since January), but once i'm ingame all i have is this ugly blue "purchase" button. I don't really want to screw up my Arma 3 regular installation, so i'm a bit reluctant to switch using steam application.

Edit : nevermind, Varanon answered while i was typing :P

Switch to dev via ArmA3/Properties/opt in dev branch. Also if you bought it off here you have add code to steam to activate for access.

In Blue Pearl Harbour, cranes are own by Vrana. Just saying, for the armaverse.

She's Pretty :)

3XupYGP.jpg

• Like 3