pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

I'm sorry,. but you're wrong. I went in quite a few. Certain stroes in the shopping strips, second and third floor of the apartment buildings are as well as many of the homes in the city and some in the countryside. The church is not, not are the large office buildings. The office building from Altis is.

On a lighter note, anyone want a job?

Wondering what kind of frames you're getting in the main city there?

@CallMehTOMMEH

As someone mentioned earlier, this is dev so they seem to be all over the place. Bear in mind, I have everything turned up and on, it dipped to 15 or 17 but went as high as 35.

I'll be honest, I didn't get much above 35, but as I said, I like my eye-candy so either they'll tweak it or I'll adjust my settings.

The details on this map are absolutely insane btw.

Bloody hell its good. The cities are fantastic, enterable enough for me but what really stands out is the vertical component, lots of ladders and inter-roof bits of wood. The Enhanced Movement mod could also come in handy really quickly.

That was my first thought too. Parkour Intensifies... :)

Many excellent new objects too...

WW2 pillboxes confirmed.

Giant stone head confirmed. :)

The town in the centre of the map should be renamed Sniperville though.. :P

Also wires on the small telegraph poles. I think Dslyecxi finally got one of his wishes. 

Finally - the roundabouts are just showboating by the designers - they're an absolute bugger to get right. :D

this is the same wreck as  Arma 3 Vanilla...................... but its confirmed because of the artwork....

@CallMehTOMMEH

As someone mentioned earlier, this is dev so they seem to be all over the place. Bear in mind, I have everything turned up and on, it dipped to 15 or 17 but went as high as 35.

I'll be honest, I didn't get much above 35, but as I said, I like my eye-candy so either they'll tweak it or I'll adjust my settings.

The details on this map are absolutely insane btw.

Ah thank you for that. I am aware it's all early days, but I just wanted a comparison to help me gain a better understanding. I've got SweetFX plus a load of other shaders, 114% rendering resolution and 8x FSAA (I can't stand jaggies lol) So yeah I love my eye candy too and my God, Tanoa delivers. 

Brb filling up my hard drive with endless screenshots of Tanoa :P

• Like 2

OFP 2016. Most of the houses are closed

ERlS9NN3s98.jpg

• Like 2

The only question so can onyl be: will the Tanoa addon bring to us Bikini-Beach Ball or not?

There is a reason why PhysiX exist, appart from ragdolls.

• The overall environmental soundscape is _very_, very great and on-point, but way too loud in my opinion. It just doesn't mix well into the rest of the game.

TBH I thought the environmental sound inside the jungles was too low. Once you crank up the volume a bit, they do sound incredible though.

• The LOD-switching is very aggressive, to a point that the heavilly obvious switching on close objects gets distracting and annoying.

Agreed, it's very obvious in some places. Especially billboards in town, and trees.

• The overall environmental soundscape is _very_, very great and on-point, but way too loud in my opinion. It just doesn't mix well into the rest of the game.

While the soundscape is quite stunning, I agree it's slightly too loud during daytime hours......sounds just perfect during nighttime tho'   ;)  

Loving these little dudes.....

381BE3E781CD7C238AB522CD378ED713D5081374

28043E82F4FB78C3883A4E6C83433293D9ECB204

The only question so can onyl be: will the Tanoa addon bring to us Bikini-Beach Ball or not?

There is a reason why PhysiX exist, appart from ragdolls.

If you like guys in bikinis, OK...
  • Like 1

On Altis, there were football fields.

On Tanoa, there are rugby fields.

:-P

We're definitely in the southern hemisphere ^^

• Like 2

I think the Game Updater isnt working, as ive just found out after installing. May have to switch to main branch to dev  :mellow:

At least it seems like you need to use Steam directly (dev branch) for Tanoa at this point.  GU will probably work Soonâ„¢.

Seems to be working now.

thank you for heads up.

I'm gonna start going to church more :P

2282a570b27165650e864a1e47f7822c.png

They wouldn't let me in.........................Don't blame them really....

This is a gorgeous game...........

• Like 1

Tanoa is awesome, but I've found some very minor bugs:

-wooden boats hover above water, I think that it's time specific (tides)

-there are corals in the forest on Ile Douen (not sure if intended actually)

They wouldn't let me in.........................Don't blame them really....

This is a gorgeous game...........

I....I don't want to leave this island. Let's live here ok?

f01d4111e29f5025e88f3b542387084e.png

• Like 2

Great island. Looks a lot like a mix of US south and Island Thunder ;)

New assets are great, also FORESTS finally

The only downsides are the kinda-meh satmap that looks painted vs. photographic, 4m cell size (should've went with 2 in 2016, since most hardware would handle that nowadays) and low detailed underwater environment

VTOL confirmed  :P

That same model is in the water at the approach end of the runway on Stratis... So I'm not inclined to believe it means anything. ;)