pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

Here is my feedback: Awesome.

Here is another one: Walk into the woods, listen to the birds. Fire your gun. Listen again.

Wow wow wow.

BI outdid themselves. So many new assets in game. Everything is new, roads, buildings, the lot. Very nice. The sound is superb. Someone mentioned hearing the air conditioners when you walk underneath one, the same for an electrical transformer!

No all buildings are enterable, but those are marked by shutters and locks. The ones that are, are nice. Colors are great.

The jungle.................I see a lot of ambushes and respawns in the there.

Very nicely done. Need to get back to work but will look more later!

Well done BI!

WP2Znz.jpg

• Like 1

Heli pilots are going to have bring their "A-Game" with all these treetops.  ;) 

• Like 1

I've noticed too that when you fire your weapon in the forest areas, all the animals in the surrounding area seem to go quiet for a while.  Presumably the sound of your weapon scares them.   Maybe not, but it sure seemed like that happened the few times i tested it.

I've noticed too that when you fire your weapon in the forest areas, all the animals in the surrounding area seem to go quiet for a while.  Presumably the sound of your weapon scares them.   Maybe not, but it sure seemed like that happened the few times i tested it.

Yep it happens and it's good that it happens.

Also happens the moment you throw a grenade, even if it didn't explode yet. That's a bit odd, but doesn't bother me, considering this feature could as well not be there.

Performance is worse than thought... (good PC)

Has someone already found the B-17 wreck and the Zero crashed in the trees?

If yes, can he share the location please?

Thx

This not the finished article - its the dev version ;)

While the audio is gorgeous, at the moment there are some jarring transitions when you walk between areas that I guess are labeled as 'jungle', 'clearing' etc. It's most noticable in heavy rain/overcast conditions. You're near some huts and you can hear some slight wind, then you step into the jungle and suddenly it sounds like a hurricane. Also, standing on a beach you can hear waves crashing all around you rather than just in the direction of the shore.

LEL and even small buildings are not enterable that is a huge disappointment !

Finally, bannas are here, good job guys :D

So I walked around a bit and gotta say that this definitely is one of my all-time favourite maps already. You guys did an amazing job!
My quick (con) notes:

• The overall environmental soundscape is _very_, very great and on-point, but way too loud in my opinion. It just doesn't mix well into the rest of the game.

• Especially thunder sounds are incredibly loud and contain so much low-end that they outperform other "explosive" noises such as grenade impacts and tanks firing.

• The LOD-switching is very aggressive, to a point that the heavilly obvious switching on close objects gets distracting and annoying.

• The amount of enterable buildings disappointed me

I only listed cons, but as I said, love the island. Thank you guys so much. I already know that my money was well-spent. :)

• Like 3

Wow...just a beauty!  Small details like the house AC running and waterfalls etc..

Will test more but definitely need to lower your viewobjects.  Set mine to about 800 and getting decent performance on a full blown mission i ported to test.

Thought that was just my rig playing up. At least someone else has this, but I think they will resolve this with updates. Remember when Altis came out? 

So far I'm mind blown by the level of detail, like it's like no other ARMA game..

• Especially thunder sounds are incredibly loud and contain so much low-end that they outperform other "explosive" noises such as grenade impacts and tanks firing.

I'll put blame on the explosion sounds themselves because thunder is finally a thunder :P

That makes sense since they had to do some crazy Steamfu just to get it working on Steam.  Maybe the "second method" they were talking about is for the GU client?

Probably, I'll just use the Game Updater for the Stable install for now to enjoy Tanoa.

And my goodness, while the visuals are "just" pretty good, the sound is A-F-U-C-K-I-N-G-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Seriously, headset on, overcast on one, with that summer heat in my room - I can close my eyes and feel like I'm really there. Really, outstanding job on the water, rain, and thunder sounds in particular. Absolutely stunning.

Hi,

I've received an update (~cca 6.GB) with "Game Updater", but it showing "Purchase" when using Dev Branch.

In DLC there is "Apex Not Installed".

Should I switch main branch to dev or still have both main and dev(with apex) 

Hi,

I've received an update (~cca 6.GB) with "Game Updater", but it showing "Purchase" when using Dev Branch.

I think the Game Updater isnt working, as ive just found out after installing. May have to switch to main branch to dev  :mellow:

I'm dl'n somthing for 10 g or close to what dev said update would be@  :P  Fingers crossed.

Hi,

At least it seems like you need to use Steam directly (dev branch) for Tanoa at this point.  GU will probably work Soonâ„¢.

LEL and even small buildings are not enterable that is a huge disappointment !

I'm sorry,. but you're wrong. I went in quite a few. Certain stroes in the shopping strips, second and third floor of the apartment buildings are as well as many of the homes in the city and some in the countryside. The church is not, not are the large office buildings. The office building from Altis is.

On a lighter note, anyone want a job?

t7tplM.jpg