pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

Wow this map is incredible, BIS has outdone itself yet again. I feel that this is necessary.

:D  :D  THANK YOU BOHEMIA    :D   :D 

• Like 1

Using game updater to download, but it still says purchase for me in the editor.

same here. got it more or less to work via arma3GU.exe but i crashed on me ... if i switched profiles in the game started with arma3GU.exe i didn't have the dlc anymore (or it crashed) .

No downloading via steam. maybe it will work.

First impression after 5 minutes , amazing island! Beautiful and great environment.

• Like 1

I thought the jungle was going to be bad but it's actually quite playable. It's the villages that hit the frames. Very high levels of detail going on there, including some nice audio touches like the humming of outlet fans and buzzing electricity points. Ah well, I was going to upgrade anyway.

• Like 1

Does it make sense to anyone that a French city -Saint-Julien is next to a British one -Georgetown?

When entering the main menu, the quadbike in the intro drops down a few centimeters (Btw good choice to not go with gunfights in the main menu)

lol. looks pretty close.

There are three of these posts, two of them have faces, and they REALLY look like them :D

Loving it already

Can anyone check if this new big buildings in the city are enterable? My update probably takes about 3 hours due to my bad internet connection.

Also just noticed... the attention to detail is amazing. The AC units on walls hum when you get near to them.

Everyone needs to load in and max out the rain and lightning and take a walk around listening to rain hit surfaces differently. This audio is incredible. You've outdone yourselves BI, I'm excited to see the rest of the expansion.

• Like 5

RuFu RHS Is absolutely amazing with this omg! I don't even have words for how good UNSUNG mod looks with this! Thanks Bohemia for putting out an official map where we can do Vietnam scenarios on!

Bloody hell its good. The cities are fantastic, enterable enough for me but what really stands out is the vertical component, lots of ladders and inter-roof bits of wood. The Enhanced Movement mod could also come in handy really quickly.

On the other hand. The Jungle is something else, it's really extraordinary. Taking one of the paths that leads out of Georgetown and just following it along you get blown away by the detail. For me I found it was worth dropping view distance significantly (down to about 900) in the Jungle. You won't notice anything different and I get a much improved frame rate like that (it's worth noting I'm using a standard laptop which is not powerful, that probably won't be necessary for people with proper computers). Overall performance seems great and the details are just something else. 

Hm, just updated my secondary install using the game updater. It downloaded the ~5GB but I still get the purchase button. Didn't happen with my first install which is maintained by the steam client.

Can anyone check if this new big buildings in the city are enterable? My update probably takes about 3 hours due to my bad internet connection.

Too bad that many interiors are at least partially locked.

===== FEEDBACK =====

Grid 077 115

Concrete bridge give damages when passing on (with SUV at least) from south to north

Hm, just updated my secondary install using the game updater. It downloaded the ~5GB but I still get the purchase button. Didn't happen with my first install which is maintained by the steam client.

That makes sense since they had to do some crazy Steamfu just to get it working on Steam.  Maybe the "second method" they were talking about is for the GU client?

The ambient sounds is amazing! I'm acctually scared to walk into the jungle now whitout my góld zubr (It feels like a huge lizard is gonna pop behind me and eat me :ph34r: )

The transition between ambient sounds seems a little abrupt? one moment I walk in the jungle and all I hear are these birds I've never seen next moment i step just outside the jungle and it instantly disapeares.

• Like 1

Yep, looks like it's fine if you got it from steam but bugged (Still needs purchase) if you got it from GameUpdater/Toolbox.

Updating it from GameUpdate/Toolbox needs fixing.

that definitely was worth the wait!!!
Congrats BIS!!!