pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

en3x how are you using Lirik sub emotes here? 

And I agree, none of use truly understand the extent of the issue unless we are Steam/Bohemia Interactive devs. I'm sure they're not purposefully TRYING to postpone us playing on Tanoa as that means less testing time for its development. They are no doubt working very hard to deliver it to us, so stop the whining! :)  

https://twitchemotes.com/channel/lirik obviously pick on the one you would like, that will take you to next page, choose the smallest right, click and copy image address and voila you have beautiful gears art emote.

@PuFu could you be so kind and shed some light on how the underwater looks, mainly I'm interested in the areas between the isles, is it mostly plain sand or do we have some interesting character to it, rock formations, caves, algae or things like that?

The incompetence is SCEAMING in our faces lol. two days to sort THIS little problem out? I mean do they have one halfassed retarded monkey on the job? *We are working* <--- Greatest BS ive seen :D :D :D

C'mon, give the guys a call and tell them how it's fixed, you'll be praised by the community for all of eternity!  :pray:

Why not just make it available for everyone at this point as a preview for a week or so?

Why not just make it available for everyone at this point as a preview for a week or so?

I dont think that this is how marketing works.

• Like 1

@PuFu could you be so kind and shed some light on how the underwater looks, mainly I'm interested in the areas between the isles, is it mostly plain sand or do we have some interesting character to it, rock formations, caves, algae or things like that?

Seconded! I would love to see if is has coral reefs or anything of that nature.

Because, they promised that Tanoa will be on devbranch sometime earlier only for those who bought it ? 

btw guys you have to understand that although it may be 4pm for Bohemia, its 8am for Steam/Valve, so I assume its gonna be fixed in approx. 3 hours (:

Because, they promised that Tanoa will be on devbranch sometime earlier only for those who bought it ? 

Current Apex ordering page doesn't mention early access being exclusive, just FYI.

I dont think that this is how marketing works.

quite honestly i think it would be awesome marketing, much like their free weekends (which is actually how i moved from A2 to A3 being able to try A3 before buying it. it would give those who haven't bough the DLC and are skeptical about it to explore the island, see the quality and if it suits them. it could honestly convince more people to buy the DLC so they can play when it comes out, i know for a fact it works because as i said, i started playing on a free weekend to give it a try and bought it in the following days.

Current Apex ordering page doesn't mention early access being exclusive, just FYI.

No, but the very first sentence of this thread does...

We have just released over 100 km2 of Pacific archipelago we call Tanoa to the Dev-Branch for all Arma 3 Apex owners.

quite honestly i think it would be awesome marketing, much like their free weekends (which is actually how i moved from A2 to A3 being able to try A3 before buying it. it would give those who haven't bough the DLC and are skeptical about it to explore the island, see the quality and if it suits them. it could honestly convince more people to buy the DLC so they can play when it comes out, i know for a fact it works because as i said, i started playing on a free weekend to give it a try and bought it in the following days.

That would make sense when the game is finished. Not with a development version and when it was actually promised to people who pre-order. They cant be like: "so you guys pre-ordered to have Tanoa earlier? well heres a big FU for you...we will give the early access to everyone." :)

Imagine the chit storm if this happend on release day...hence it being on dev for those who pre=ordered.

giphy.gif

Fixed*

Pufu,

Would you mind taking several photos of each airport and/or airfield; daytime and nighttime?

Wanting to see how the approach lighting system is at night on the airfields, how they are configured, and what kind of take off and landings we will be getting.

Thank you,

Reed

http://imgur.com/a/E7HKB

Pufu, my  nondescript Caucasian uhm... friend. Would you be so kind as to post a pic or two of the jungle during nighttime?

Much appreciated :)

http://imgur.com/a/OrQHN

Possibly less intense urban combat because of the largely unenterable buildings but more intense combat in forest areas. Also less suited for armor because of obvious reasons.

i said not every building has interior, not that no building has interior. Understand that for the purpose of this map (not your NYC one) what they did is enough. You want skyscrapers with interior, no one is stopping you to produce these

here's just a few of the buildings interiors, not an exhaustive list though

http://imgur.com/a/UFiv7

Seconded! I would love to see if is has coral reefs or anything of that nature.

i have yet to find some easter egs bellow surface, but i didn't spend a lot of time under tbh

http://imgur.com/a/uJrdQ

• Like 6

i said not every building has interior, not that no building has interior. Understand that for the purpose of this map (not your NYC one) what they did is enough. You skyscrapers with interior, no one is stopping you to produce these

here's just a few of the buildings interiors, not an exhaustive list though

http://imgur.com/a/UFiv7

i have yet to find some easter egs bellow surface, but i didn't spend a lot of time under tbh

http://imgur.com/a/uJrdQ

1.0 those interior shots look absolutely stunning, the attention to detail will be worth the lack of enterable spaces IMO.....I mean just LOOK at it!

since my afternoon meeting was canceled and i am sort of done for today, and since i am the only one active that can use the Tanoa in the dev build, i will take screens for you if needed, at least give you a preview before everything is sorted out by Steam. Don't ask for live streams

• Like 6

Really cool shots, thanks PuFu. Some of them could actually look like real photos with that visual upgrade. If it only wasn't for these afwul, terrible, disgusting mid-range textures. That's really the last thing that bugs me about Arma 3's visuals. They're basically perfect in any other way. A shame they won't be able to fix these.

yeah... just Wow... great shots Pufu.

very interesting desgn... love the raised part of the airbase..

Those buildings look great too....

1.0 those interior shots look absolutely stunning, the attention to detail will be worth the lack of enterable spaces IMO.....I mean just LOOK at it!

Yum...that water looks nice..coral reefs too :D

Thanks for all the screeshots PuFu.
Any chance we could see more of the bunkers (or the remains of them)?
And maybe some other jungle structures.

Pretty nice variety interiors so far - yet i thought the reason they limited enterable building was to return to OA level furnishings..ah well...

Other than that, the runway pier over the water is just thrilling.

Really cool shots, thanks PuFu. Some of them could actually look like real photos with that visual upgrade. If it only wasn't for these afwul, terrible, disgusting mid-range textures. That's really the last thing that bugs me about Arma 3's visuals. It's basically perfect in any other way. A shame they won't be able to fix these.

I could not agree more. There are mods for Stratis and Altis (babemidtex on Armaholic) but they need to exist in the Vanilla game IMO. I hope they at least fix it for the iron ore mine as that looks like the worst offender.

Imagine the chit storm if this happend on release day...hence it being on dev for those who pre=ordered.

That's one of the main reasons why the dev branch exists  :D 

The mess up has to be big, as BI's CEO himself is making videos to try to entertain people and free the team from some fanboys (kudos to him):

If the problem continues maybe it would be worth to release the dev diary or the civilian vehicles to the dev branch (I say civilians because I guess BI wants to keep the military stuff for the PC Gaming Event), they will be still restricted due to the failure of authentication, but people would be able to drive them in Virtual Garage and let off steam (no pun intended). 

• Like 3