pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

So we can't focus on feedback right now :P

Hey now.. I don't recall setting a time and date for the focusing ceremonies. 

lead_zpstgx5izep.jpg

Ok ok, enough with the Steam-BIS dysfunctional relationship drama :) 

Until the issue is fixed, focus on making repetitive remarks on how green the islands are or.. I don't know... count the bridges.

If you guys want to vent, the steam forums are always open!

PuFu, thank you for the photos, they have satisfied some of my want....

I am also looking forward to some fresh underwater terrains, I feel like it would add more mission variety.

Any speculation on what the co op campaign might be about? 

FINALLY!!!

IT HAS BEEN FIXED!!!

LAUNCHING IT NOW!!!

Just joking :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can hate me now :P :P :P

+1 virtual warning

If you guys want to vent, the steam forums are always open!

PuFu, thank you for the photos, they have satisfied some of my want....

I am also looking forward to some fresh underwater terrains, I feel like it would add more mission variety.

Any speculation on what the co op campaign might be about? 

You can speculate here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187396-arma-3-apex-news-and-speculations/

Yes, but it still doesn't say how much km² of actual land there is.

They have always used the land area to state their previous map sizes.

edit. The below was wrong. The script I used didn't work as advertised. :(

But let's still assume the map is 100 sqkm. 

Just to be sure, I had to try measuring it:

We have the map image but no idea of its scale.

However, there's a visible runway on the image. So assuming it's of the same size as the Altis main runway - 1.5km, then we get this:

p4J37Yh.jpg

1 inch = 1 km. Hence, 102km2 on 52 'rocks'.

:D

Yes, I know, I have too much time on my hands.

• Like 5

They have always used the land area to state their previous map sizes.

Just to be sure, I had to try measuring it:

We have the map image but no idea of its scale.

However, there's a visible runway on the image. So assuming it's of the same size as the Altis main runway - 1.5km, then we get this:

p4J37Yh.jpg

1 inch = 1 km.

:D

I remember there was a script to flod altis mybe we can reverse enginer it and reduce sealevel :D and than you can have aditional land area :D

Apparently our local friendly government here think's that certain enlightening info. should be censored.  -_-

I don't know about you guys but that red graffiti clearly says PuFu, maybe he is just a dev sent to send us pictures so we'll be calm why they try to fix things.

9Wzfs7R.png

But in other news, it seems that World War 2 monument's will play a higher role than i previously thought. In addition to that it seams that the jungle/swamp foliage will make a great environment for those Vietnam War mods. I mean look at the detail I haven't seen detail like that with foliage in Arma 3 before. It makes it look all the much more realistic.

Now that we can agree on that, could I ask a little request. Could you calculate the area of the main islands, or at least the tuned Ovalau (the bigger one). Thank you :)

I don't know about you guys but that red graffiti clearly says PuFu, maybe he is just a dev sent to send us pictures so we'll be calm why they try to fix things.

lol. sorry to disappoint, i am not a BI's developer, never was. 

bi developer means monthly salary, working from a bi studio location, which never happened

I'd say just from looking it seems to be around 60 km2? I mean the smaller ones don't seem to be bigger than 10km2

lol. sorry to disappoint, i am not a BI's developer, never was. 

bi developer means monthly salary, working from a bi studio location, which never happened

Why is PuFu on there? It's blowing my mind!

I also got the Supporter Edition like 5 days after Alpha launch. Apex expansion still grayed out in steam list...  ;) 

Aaand.... I happen to have a day off from work... lovely!

In the mean time, i'll just rewatch "Clear and Present danger"...

Any off-topic post made by a user from this point forward will be removed and the user sanctioned :)

Humor is a great way to pass time, but this is a feedback thread and since there is no feedback to be given due to obvious reasons, order must be kept. Once the fix is out, you can go crazy as long as it's within bounds.

A fair day to you all!

• Like 1

Now that we can agree on that, could I ask a little request. Could you calculate the area of the main islands, or at least the tuned Ovalau (the bigger one). Thank you :)

Ok this is really embarrassing. My 102 sqkm calculation was wrong. The runway can't be 1.5km, it would make the main island over 200km2.

I used a script I found for Adobe Illustrator, and it clearly can't calculate complex objects, because the result actually increased when I chose only the main islands.

The 100 was just a coincidence.

What has this world come to when you can't trust a random free script you found online.

I. AM. VERY. SORRY. :(

• Like 1

will you release it at least today ?

It was released yesterday in devbranch, we simply can't access it as due to a bug Steam can't authenticate our Apex DLC ownership. 

A.K.A what happens always when BI releases a DLC in dev branch  :D

Just that before as they were vehicles or weapons, we only had to bear the squares and advertisements. 

@PuFu thank you very much for the images so far. I´ve got one more small request, could you make a few pictures of the skyscapers? :ph34r:  They would be incredibly useful for my New York terrain which is why I´m very interested  :rolleyes:

just switched to my other pc:

Al68mUO.jpg

others

206QeiA.jpg

mtRq67m.jpg

sQpAnvR.jpg

• Like 3

"100 km2" is the land mass.

will you release it at least today ?

The ball is in Valve's court at this point; it is a Steam issue, not a BIS issue.

I've been waiting to see Tanoa on the Dev change log for ages, I'm excited to finally get to fly around it.

just switched to my other pc:

Simply beautiful, my household goods finally arrives today and I get my desktop back. What GPU are you running, if you don't mind me asking?

maybe this help to figure out the size of landmass, since it has the grid

LUSRlv0.jpg

• Like 2

Some nice shots there PuFu -really liking that urban. Read your just taking screenies but if you do go ingame if you wouldn't mind giving us a general idea of how many, if any, of those city structures are enterable -I'd be much obliged.

• Like 1

All of this looks great, Cant wait for it to come out.

It was released yesterday in devbranch, we simply can't access it as due to a bug Steam can't authenticate our Apex DLC ownership. 

A.K.A what happens always when BI releases a DLC in dev branch  :D

Just that before as they were vehicles or weapons, we only had to bear the squares and advertisements. 

how long did it take in the past for steam to resolve it then?