pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

You might want to close the thread and start a new one once the problems are fixed, the first 21 pages aren'T feedback but really only ranting about how you can't play on it

seconded, it makes sense that until the issue with steam has been resolved, it's pointless having a feedback discussion on something nobody can get a hold of yet. Temporary lock??

You might want to close the thread and start a new one once the problems are fixed, the first 21 pages aren'T feedback but really only ranting about how you can't play on it

The thread author will decide whether or not the thread must be closed. Now get back inside, these streets are dangerous.

• Like 3

The thread author will decide whether or not the thread must be closed. Now get back inside, these streets are dangerous.

I dont know why people like censoring so much, let the folks steam their fustration here until the situation fixes, it hurts nobody, everyone is exited and everyone deserves a place to empty their minds until them, that place is here in the official forums (where else?)

I dont know why people like censoring so much, let the folks steam their fustration here until the situation fixes, it hurts nobody, everyone is exited and everyone deserves a place to empty their minds until them, that place is here in the official forums (where else?)

It's not censoring. Let's call it " Message Consistency and Coherence Alteration" . 

• Like 1

If you get negative feedback from your job  constantly I guess your motivation will decrease , right?

If you get negative feedback from your job  constantly I guess your motivation will decrease , right?

Depends, negative feedback makes me motivate more, to improve. Anyhow I didnt read any negative feedback around this thread, just feedback, jokes, normal talk before some big and exiting release... nothing more. :)

I really look forward Tanoa for today, I can only hope.

There's frustration and there's downright defamatory and libelous comments, that are far from harmless and are very much hurting people.

The place to vent your frustration is in the comfort of your own home, where nothing you say can be taken out of context, unless you have a BIS or Steam employee living with you. 

Plus it's been posted repeatedly what the issue is, and that BIS are on the case, but that's not acceptable to those who are "venting" and frustrated, EVERY single person here is also a paying customer, and are all effected by the same issue, posting shit after shit after shit about whose fault it is, is annoying and offers nothing to the overall situation.

Am i the only one around here interested in Tanoa underwater envivorment?

• Like 4

And this thread was supposed to be for feedback about the island, not complains about the issue to access it.

There's frustration and there's downright defamatory and libelous comments, that are far from harmless and are very much hurting people.

The place to vent your frustration is in the comfort of your own home, where nothing you say can be taken out of context, unless you have a BIS or Steam employee living with you. 

Plus it's been posted repeatedly what the issue is, and that BIS are on the case, but that's not acceptable to those who are "venting" and frustrated, EVERY single person here is also a paying customer, and are all effected by the same issue, posting shit after shit after shit about whose fault it is, is annoying and offers nothing to the overall situation.

I was not born in a Cheká so I dont understand your concerns, if there is anyone fustrated, or being inflamatory, around here it is you. Im sorry to say, and notice I do not intend to insult or provoke you...

What is the size of the whole map? I mean in a way as Altis is 900 sqkm with 270 sqkm of land.

I was not born in a Cheká so I dont understand your concerns, if there is anyone fustrated, or being inflamatory, around here it is you. Im sorry to say, and notice I do not intend to insult or provoke you...

You were obviously around for the comments that have been deleted by the mods, I'm not frustrated at all with the technical issue, it happens, it's beyond anyone's control, and do you understand the word "defamatory" as opposed as inflammatory? I will give you the benefit of the doubt you don't.

You accuse me of being inflammatory, and then say you don't mean to insult or provoke? Hypocritical would be the word I use.

I'm pissed off at the people who can't read what the developers have said about the technical issue, I'm pissed off that certain people feel they have more rights to get access to the DLC than anyone else.. WE are all in the same boat, it will be fixed when it's fixed.

Oh and being given negative feedback or criticised in your work never works, in drives a person even lower, you always end anything negative with a positive note.

What is the size of the whole map? I mean in a way as Altis is 900 sqkm with 270 sqkm of land.

from the OP

We have just released over 100 km2 of Pacific archipelago we call Tanoa to the Dev-Branch for all Arma 3 Apex owners.

OK, let's focus on giving BI feedback. So please, no more back and forth messages on the topic of BI's ego or other such things. 

PuFu,

Thanks for that ;) can you say if the enemy detection rate of you and(AI/MP) team mates is much better within the Jungle areas, ie you can be within 3-4 M's of them and not be detected through the foliage?

didn't fire a single shot on Tanoa so far, you'll have to check it yourself when it's gonna be possible.

all i did was check it in detail and take some images for the ones that were requesting it (quite a few swamped me).

• Like 2

If we keep complaining we might get vehicles and weapons early as compensation, r-right?

• Like 2

Hearing rumors that Valve software prevents DLC from being released before the scheduled release date if we dont have internal version of game. Is this true?

I guess if it is then we'll all get the DLC once its out of dev build!

Either way, patience is virtuous

didn't fire a single shot on Tanoa so far, you'll have to check it yourself when it's gonna be possible.

all i did was check it in detail and take some images for the ones that were requesting it (quite a few swamped me).

Thanks, appreciate the feedback, would you say that the recent visual "splendid" update has made Tanoa better in terms of visual looks, from your screens it looks like shadows on buildings etc are all working as they should be, and no "washed out" look ?

@PuFu thank you very much for the images so far. I´ve got one more small request, could you make a few pictures of the skyscapers? :ph34r:  They would be incredibly useful for my New York terrain which is why I´m very interested  :rolleyes:

from the OP

We have just released over 100 km2 of Pacific archipelago we call Tanoa to the Dev-Branch for all Arma 3 Apex owners.

Yes, but it still doesn't say how much km² of actual land there is.

OK, let's focus on giving BI feedback. So please, no more back and forth messages on the topic of BI's ego or other such things. 

Ok, but how can we provide feedback?

Yes, but it still doesn't say how much km² of actual land there is.

Ok, but how can we provide feedback?

Once the fix is out :)

This looks really great. Really excited to check it out.

Once the fix is out :)

So we can't focus on feedback right now :P

If we keep complaining we might get vehicles and weapons early as compensation, r-right?

Doubtful, more likely we'll see fights amongst ourselves.

It's understandable that everyone is excited and even more that some are upset, but it does nobody any good to sit behind the desk and wait, and obsess. 

Watch some movies, play some other games, get some sunshine and fresh air while you still can.