pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

"Local tribes claim that huge reptilian creatures can be encountered at the foot of the volcano."

Found this in the .xml file loading screen section, a hint that reptilian animals are in the game?!  :D

What happened to that dirt airstrip we saw in the trailer? I can't see it on the map

;/
I'll just wait until it's get completed and licensing works and such ;)

Looks great though ;)

What happened to that dirt airstrip we saw in the trailer? I can't see it on the map

With the volcano at the top of the screen.

Top left island, look for a big rectangular sized piece of dirt.

This anticipation waiting on Steam and Bohemia to get this worked out is getting intense.

I think i'm about to explode with excitement 

Great news indeed. Just got my car totaled in a hit and run by a guy running from the police while I was just sitting at a red light....

Needed some good news

Did you now wanna play Tanoa for reals? In real life. That sucks dude sorry about the car issues

Well, 6 hours wayting these problems to be fixed, but yet nothing. BI you could just get things right before releasing it, because this segregation really S***KS.

I bought the dlc at the first day it was released for pre order, and now i am kinda sad, because i'm waiting for this soooo much and now i have to sleep because tomorrow i have a flight and will stay at least a week away. I just wanted to see this map, but life sucks sometimes...

Stop yer whining and get on that flight!

• Like 1

Well, 6 hours wayting these problems to be fixed, but yet nothing. BI you could just get things right before releasing it, because this segregation really S***KS.

I bought the dlc at the first day it was released for pre order, and now i am kinda sad, because i'm waiting for this soooo much and now i have to sleep because tomorrow i have a flight and will stay at least a week away. I just wanted to see this map, but life sucks sometimes...

there is no segregation, it's just me segregating on you all

• Like 5

People acting like the beta development of Tanao is somehow equal to the full release of the Apex expansion and whine about dates and times... instead of thinking you're sort of lucky to get access to it early. Apex is not finished, the new map has no new content until we create some. I'm as excited to check it out as the next guy, but really... what are you going to do except run around/fly around in the editor for a while to check things out, without actually playing anything? The release of this map is not yet the 'NEXT BIG THING' in the ArmAverse. Calm down.

• Like 6

People acting like the beta development of Tanao is somehow equal to the full release of the Apex expansion and whine about dates and times... instead of thinking you're sort of lucky to get access to it early. Apex is not finished, the new map has no new content until we create some. I'm as excited to check it out as the next guy, but really... what are you going to do except run around/fly around in the editor for a while to check things out, without actually playing anything? The release of this map is not yet the 'NEXT BIG THING' in the ArmAverse. Calm down.

This^

It's just the nature of humans being teased with something they want. It's like telling your kid you're going to buy them a ton of candy. You show up at the candy store, but it's not open yet. Your kid can press their face to the glass and see all the delicious candy, but you haven't told them when the store is going to open. So they stare, and slober, and wait, and hope that the next moment is the moment the store opens.

So we're all staring at the map and the xml files, waiting for the candy store to open. People are getting excited and anxious, especially since it's been 7~ hours. Some are getting mad, but in the end, it's all people who are excited about the content. It's far better than no one caring.

my 2 cents here (my own assumptions), before (oh well, too late in fact) everyone goes mental:

because of how Steam API works, BIS couldn't have known about this particular issue because neither of them had this particular "block" happening on any of their accounts. My account is a bit different and more similar to theirs, hence was most likely already "checked and confirmed" long time ago already because...reasons.

So please try to understand this is a bit out of BI hands into Steam ones. No one could have know about it, teased you or did it on purpose Calm down and do something else, like try this BI "game" for a change: http://store.steampowered.com/app/233800/

• Like 4

For all those complaining, wait till Stable.  That's it, done deal.  OR maybe next time the DEVs wont include the public in their DEV branches.  Ever think of that?  It's a privilege to both us and them having this mode available.

But this is a war that will never end, or a side will win.  So we just need to stop feeding the fire.  I know i'm another one feeding it with this post, but whatever...let's move on and wait another 24 hours  :)

It sucks... but  Steam API sucks even  more. Be patient. I've only see 1 person having access. Those that don't are plentiful. Lets make this topic useful and talk about the Terrain instead of complaining.

Ok so here is what im gonna make my missions about.

-Continue my campaign about the pirates that i started in greece.
- Make more "war on drugs" missions.
- Make ocupation force against guerilla missions.
- Make missions about slaughtering civilians when im drunk.

• Like 1

This morning I didn't even think we would hear anything on apex until e3, later today I am on the cusp of checking out tanoa in game. I can wait another day if steam is messed up. Actually I think that Bohemia getting this out without a lot of fanfare shows they care about the community getting hands on as soon as possible. They could have easily saved this devbranch release and tied it to some marketing stunt. So be appreciative. It will get worked out.

And thanks PuFu for the screens and taking the time to post them for the community !

• Like 4

That bridge doesn't look very... Appealing at all.

Just another target for my gbu's to stop incoming enemy ai :D Course if'n they can swim :D

Noticed something about the Vtol being able to carry a AMV-7. Wondering if this means with sling loading or IN the cargo bay.

Noticed something about the Vtol being able to carry a AMV-7. Wondering if this means with sling loading or IN the cargo bay.

The description made it sound like INSIDE the bay. Which makes me wonder. How big is this freaking thing?