pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

The issue is still being looked at with Valve. Somehow Steam refuses to provide the Tanoa-specific data to anyone (except PuFu ;)), and the API's ownership query doesn't return the correct answer to the game. Don't worry if you own Arma 3 Apex, but don't have access yet - it will get sorted out as soon as possible.

Thank you for shining light on this, I'm glad it's being looked into! :) 

prepurchased apex many months ago. switched to dev branch today. loaded the game. says i need to purchase the content. ?? you had a whole year to prepare for this. how can you mess up? are you really that money hungry?

You purchase some content that is not suppose to be released until the end of the month and the devs, out of the kindness of their own hearts, decide to surprise us and release so we can all test, on a DEVELOPMENT branch, and your mad? Please ALT F4 and unplug your computer.... come back when you appreciate hard work.....

The issue is still being looked at with Valve. Somehow Steam refuses to provide the Tanoa-specific data to anyone (except PuFu ;)), and the API's ownership query doesn't return the correct answer to the game. Don't worry if you own Arma 3 Apex, but don't have access yet - it will get sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks for the clear up, We shall be patient lads.

Since Arma seems to be primarily cpu bound, any point in upping to a 1070 from my 760 4gb? Ive had a titan before and got maybe 3-5 fps boost which blows

Not really as essentially a 1070 offers Titan performance for 1/3 price ($380 vs $1000).

But see 1070's 60% lead over GTX 970 in Arma for yourself:

https://youtu.be/-FWtJXmtITs?t=12m3s

Bear in mind that a GTX 970 is already 30% faster than your GTX 760

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-970-maxwell,3941-9.html

http://www.techspot.com/review/712-arma-3-benchmarks/page3.html

However with your 2500k only running at 3.6, you'll defo be CPU limited.

So either OC your 2500k (she'll do 4.0 defo, 4.2 easy, 4.3 prolly, 4.4 maybe & 4.5 if you're lucky) or save cash & get yourself an i5-4690k or even i5-6600k.

FYI the tester is running an i7-6700K @ 4.5GHz (Intel's fastest CPU but a mild OC).

Guys I realize everyone's excited but it's pretty frustrating coming in here throughout the afternoon and reading lots and lots of posts about anything and everything NOT related to Tanoa.

• Like 1

Seriously relax guys!! You can't play tonight but probably tomorrow , big deal.

Shit like this happens , they are not robots they are humans and we should show some understandning at least.

Well, this is promising I have an update queued for Arma 3 (development). 

Had one aswell. It was 9mb, don´t get your hopes up

• Like 1

Do you have a 6.6 GB update queued?

Nope, I´m assuming you do? I´m jealous ^^

Okay...Again a reminder to stay on topic as many,many people don't seem to be able to do that. A lot of warnings have been given and people have had posting abilities suspended. Just a warning

• Like 1

Anyone got pictures of the huge bridge that can be seen in the sat image?  :ph34r:

i pre-purchased apex. tried dev branch, but gave me 1.3gb to download. i guess it is not working yet, going back to stable for the meantime.

update:

some people said, after the 1.3gb download, validate your arma3 so that the 6gb download will appear. but after downloading the 6gb file, tanoa is still not working they said.

Update added a digger/bulldozer that are "locked", wrecks that don't look decayed, and a train cart that looks like it should have wood but has no texture atm. Can't find anything else. Tanoa still unaccessible for me.

Hmm... It's being wierd. I guess it doesn't want to download.

Be patient and stop posting a commentary of how your download is going. We all don't need to know, any further posts will be removed from spam. Heed ineptaphid's warning, as i will happily ban suspend anyone from posting.  :292:

• Like 1

.....something to watch while we wait.....

• Like 5

wel I see DnA, Haleks and bis_iceman online so not all of them are gone ;)

But... I don't even work for BIS. unsure_anim2.gif

• Like 4

Well this is interesting I found a VTOL wreck file. As well as a texture that looks like it's for a plane of some sort.

I just had a 10MB update for Arma 3 but Tanoa access seems to be still broken.

.....something to watch while we wait.....

Those items look like something out of the Eden details mod. Those will be helpful for adding in more defined details into missions. Hopefuly there will be more of these when it launches.

It would be real cool to be able to operate some of those construction vehicles maybe the dump truck don't you think? It's so quiet. Any body get a fix for it?

Anyone got pictures of the huge bridge that can be seen in the sat image?  :ph34r:

6grFxaD.jpg

• Like 6

i bought the game before alpha, supporter edition via BI store.

you can find me on discord, not gonna stream since i am doing something else at the same time.

FPS seems fine so far, i am on a i7 980x 6c/12t @4ghz 24gb ram and a AMD7970(which is suppose to be changed to 1070gtx as soon as i can buy it) and not my main i7 2600k @4ghz 780TI 16gb ram, pushed the details further than usual for screens.

OMG :D

6grFxaD.jpg

That makes me think of just cause.... lol