pettka

Tanoa discussion (Dev-Branch)

Am I the only one playing on the new island Tanoa? :P

Just kiddin guys same issue here :)

Judging from the xml file, there will be new drone types such as a helicopter UAV with its own armament, different variants of the VTOL Osprey (transport, armed and cargo), and a futurisitic F-35 (in terms of aircraft). Still yet to look at ground vehicles. 

I'm seriously hyped..  :D

Well I purchased as a gift for my friend and the "PURCHASE" sign disappeared but now it won't load.

Isn't it against the geneva conventions to release a new arma terrain but have it being borked due to Steam patching process not kicking? Or something...

• Like 4

and a futurisitic F-35 (in terms of aircraft)

I got the impression that the development process of the CSAT VTOL is compared to the F-35 development, not the plane itself.

CAR-95

A bullpup style assault rifle used by CSAT Pacific forces. It works as a common platform for different weapon types: a standard rifle,

GL variant with attached grenade launcher and a light support version with a longer barrel and drum magazine.

The CAR-95 uses polymer materials in its construction and fires 5.8x42 mm small-caliber, high-velocity bullets.

I think its this weapon :D - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QBZ-95

and it seems there is also the LMG variant of it too - 100rnd drum

The Type 115 is a modern multi weapon. It consists of two separate weapons combined into a single unit: a lower semi auto rifle chambered to fire .50 rounds and an upper automatic/semi auto rifle chambered in 6.5 mm. The gun can be modified by attachments to fulfill various roles in battle. Its versatility turns every soldier into a universal threat against both infantry and armored targets.

Interesting design, is there a real life counterpart for this?

Also, should these be discussed in the General Discussion section?  :huh:

V-44 X Blackfish (Armed)

Cool. ^^^

There are over 400 people viewing this thread.

I got the impression that the development process of the CSAT VTOL is compared to the F-35 development, not the plane itself.

Yeah you could be right actually. I kind of just read it swiftly in the midst of my excitement. Either way, I'm really excited to see the modern adapted MV-22!  :D

dloPzvM.png

You guys are awesome, too !

• Like 5

dloPzvM.png

Do you have access to Tanoa?

dloPzvM.png

These "understand the devs" posts only put oil into the fire. They announced it would be out today, then messed up the QA of actually testing whether it works, then they left the offices and wont do anything until tomorrow to fix it. Now we have a lot of angry customers who bought it today and it is not working

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, GUYS, It's TANOA DISCUSSION, Not Reveal discussion of everything that has been uncovered! Take it to the reveal thread, and keep this one clean for reporting issues, when they arise.

Now we have a lot of angry customers who bought it today and it is not working

No comment. Some people cleary do not undestand what dev branch means.

It also provides unparalleled maneuverability in its heavily armed gunship variant which has the unique ability to perform either pylon turns or merely hover in place during the ground attack.

Guess finding the mysterious last guy in the town won't be an issue anymore.

Jesus Christ, GUYS, It's TANOA DISCUSSION, Not Reveal discussion of everything that has been uncovered! Take it to the reveal thread, and keep this one clean for reporting issues, when they arise.

Then stop spamming ;)

• Like 2

Well Striders now have BLUFOR skins ??? Maybe part of the storyline???

There was always a BLUFOR skin in the game's files. It was just not configured until one or two patches ago.

Ahem,.......I own APEX, bought In the BI store, I'm on Dev branch, when I select Tanoa in the editor I am being asked to purchase Apex....... :(