really like the normal maps you did. did you do everything in photoshop or did you bake in the panel lines and rivets? also is the nose cones on the turbines correct? 

really like the normal maps you did. did you do everything in photoshop or did you bake in the panel lines and rivets? also is the nose cones on the turbines correct? 

yes i did make new texture(mean i draw new panel lines and rivets.), new uv map layout and new nohq,smdi for material.

and what exactly mean "nose cones on the turbines correct"? you saying engine or just aircraft nose?

yes i did make new texture(mean i draw new panel lines and rivets.), new uv map layout and new nohq,smdi for material.

and what exactly mean "nose cones on the turbines correct"? you saying engine or just aircraft nose?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/440605165239879133/349987778ACADF04DE8B0453909F8AE0D01C6C3F/look at the engines the normal maps do not look correct, they should be completely rounded right? it looks like a octagon instead. im sure you can resolve this in photoshop or rebake them in the 3d program you are using. this is a great video of how you can achieve near perfect bakes for normal maps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evIogtBAB2Q

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/440605165239879133/349987778ACADF04DE8B0453909F8AE0D01C6C3F/look at the engines the normal maps do not look correct, they should be completely rounded right? it looks like a octagon instead. im sure you can resolve this in photoshop or rebake them in the 3d program you are using. this is a great video of how you can achieve near perfect bakes for normal maps 

4974812859_ed173c9233.jpg

can-stock-photo_csp4391793.jpg

2626287343_4c412c2bb2.jpg

tf-34_6.jpg

18eftp2fgcrskjpg.jpg

mean this? 

• Like 1

Very great work ! Congrats  :)

Even if it's just a prototype, have you plan to make the N/AW A-10 ?

Very great work ! Congrats  :)

Even if it's just a prototype, have you plan to make the N/AW A-10 ?

N/AW A-10(YA-10B) is not for now but will be in future progress.

Quick quesiton. Would it be possible to create custom reticles for the new CCIP/CCRP system in Arma 3 for the A-10. I love that Bohemia finally added this to the game but in my opinion the little white crosshairs can be a bit difficult to see at times. 

Quick quesiton. Would it be possible to create custom reticles for the new CCIP/CCRP system in Arma 3 for the A-10. I love that Bohemia finally added this to the game but in my opinion the little white crosshairs can be a bit difficult to see at times. 

i'm not sure can be modify but i'll looking into it.

i'm not sure can be modify but i'll looking into it.

maybe like a in-HUD/HMD reticle instead

If that could be sorted I would be one happy chap.

Not sure it's available as a MFD source however. Just started digging into that myself and my first check of all was here and it doesn't say anything about it :/

CUP has got CCRP in their Harrier version,ask him.He might share it,it will fit in there.

ccip reticle is not Hud config, its ingame UI.

and i've change the custom reticle for the test but currently nothing change. maybe missing of something so need more time for figure it out.

firewill: Indeed, it's totally config based as of now, but I was just looking for ways of using it as a source for the HUD. It seems like they didn't add it yet as a MFD sourcetho, so I'm going to request it in the "Target Improvements" thread however :)

Will you be baking an ambient occlusion texture for the _AS?   I ask because it would make the details pop much more and give more depth to the lighting across the aircraft as a whole, even in the light, and I see that you have a normal map applied or at least appears to be so.

Will you be baking an ambient occlusion texture for the _AS?   I ask because it would make the details pop much more and give more depth to the lighting across the aircraft as a whole, even in the light, and I see that you have a normal map applied or at least appears to be so.

Thanks the suggestion, its not a finish so i'll keep improve this.

with AS map but still some point is strange, so need to fix

26E22ABF0CAEAD85602821F277178F5A06935F7E

4A06E571722B1453B4BA56948A674F0FE41E584D

A1C0D3D41A4F13AE61FA680154B189C334F6548B

CAD6219227E91B36859920E43615C25EBC7B14CE

• Like 7

Ah much better, nothing like some ambient occlusion to add depth to those little nooks and crannies.

How open to suggestions are you?  I have a few but I don't want to come off as a burdening jerk :)

A thing of beauty, and to think they want to retire it.

The manufacturer is out of commission and its taking money out of the F-35's foodplate.

• Like 1

Ah much better, nothing like some ambient occlusion to add depth to those little nooks and crannies.

How open to suggestions are you?  I have a few but I don't want to come off as a burdening jerk :)

The manufacturer is out of commission and its taking money out of the F-35's foodplate.

Yet the F-35A does not have the same capabilities as the A-10. Sure it has stealth and ground attack capabilities, but for CAS/Anti-Armor/Staying-Power I would rather keep the current A-10. I would think that the F-35A would be cutting into the F-16/F-15 budget? Can the F-35A make it home with almost half a wing blown off? Politicians and Generals and the "shiny new toy" syndrome?

Granted I am not up to date on all the latest technology with things like SBD's and their capabilities and whatnot. Engineer here after all. Used to being in the dirt, literally.

If the A10 had the same HMD capabilities as the F35A... Good luck to the bad guys.  

• Like 1

If the A10 had the same HMD capabilities as the F35A... Good luck to the bad guys.  

Just looked that up. :o

Yet the F-35A does not have the same capabilities as the A-10. Sure it has stealth and ground attack capabilities, but for CAS/Anti-Armor/Staying-Power I would rather keep the current A-10. I would think that the F-35A would be cutting into the F-16/F-15 budget? Can the F-35A make it home with almost half a wing blown off? Politicians and Generals and the "shiny new toy" syndrome?

Granted I am not up to date on all the latest technology with things like SBD's and their capabilities and whatnot. Engineer here after all. Used to being in the dirt, literally.

Noooo the A-10, F-16, F-15, and every other capable aircraft is taking money out of the F-35's honeypot ;)

Just being facetious, I fully agree that we should be looking for a successor to the A-10, there is no way the F-35 can preform the same things that bird does, and with the record the F-15, F-16, have, why not just upgrade them.

• Like 1