gary66

Huge Framerate drop to 3-4 then CTD

Hi I posted on a thread where I thought i might get some response.... None so i started a new post.

Hi i noticed that after an update I can no longer play this game after 30 seconds or so.  As soon as i place any A.I units down in editor and play either in scenario or in editor the game just stutters and crashes after a few seconds. This only happens when placing AI units down, I can fly about in helo or roam about on foot when the map is clear, but as soon as i start placing units down (A.I and play it just shudders, textures don't load up, hexagon wheels flat trees etc, you get the picture....,   I thought it might have been the AI-mod i am running or perhaps a mod that has not been updated, but none of this is the problem. So as of now 5th of June 2016 i cannot play this game, ridiculously annoying...

Anyone know how i can fix this or is B.I going to let me know what is going on....and help fix ?

.1.Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz Core @ 4.3GHz  (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - OEM
 2.Corsair Hydro H100i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060009-WW) 

3.Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-17100C11 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/Red (HX21C11BRK2/16-OC)     
 4.Corsair Obsidian 750D Full Tower Case - Black.
 5. Asus nvidea gforce gtx 970

OS windows 10-64 bit.

Hey champ im not sure if this will work for ya. i had same issues for awhile and i had to change the malloc. give it a try and change it to "tbb4malloc_bi"  if that aint helping then try it again but without any mods what so ever. just for the testing and see if it helps.

Hope it will do the trick for ya =)

Hi thanks for the reply.... Only one reply suggest this is not too important for people to care about or... Thanks, it did work, not sure why, but will see how long its last. I did notice in editor that some of the wheels on the tanks, RHS- Abrams A1 were square LOD problem?

Hi zipet this did not work (."tbb4malloc_bi") as soon as I place more than 8 A.I units down the game just stops to a single frame a second...

hmm do you have any ai mods on? could be that. you might want to delete your config file in your documents to reset all settings maybe something there messed up.
But all i can think of is probbely a mod of somesort you are running that does that. els you might wanna try a complete reinstall of the game. when you have uninstalled arma 3 do check under your documents for anything Arma 3 related and delete that aswell. just backup your save games. mods etc you want to keep. then reinstall the game completly fresh and do not run any mods when its done and try it again and see if the problem still fail around. if it does that im blank on what it could be wrong. you can also try other mallocs to see if they do anything.

wops forgoth. there have been issues with ultra Texture (Memory leak) i still have that problem since 1.58 patch and need to run on very high to not run out of ram. and i have 32gb. anywho, hope it will help a bit =)

Hi thanks for the reply, i have unloaded all modes and started doing a new mission in 3d editor, placed about 5 squads and three vehicles did the same with csat, ran it and no lag so yes i am gusssing that is a mod related thing and not BIs but scratching my head i wonder why it is happenin g now as it has been fine until now, i run RHS and sownds mods as well as weapons addons  and units too.

could be due to the overhaul of the AI and difficulty tweaks. try run the game with 1 mod enabled at a time. this might take time depends on how many mods you have but that should lead you to the one you need to disable and find an update for =) but hey. atleast its just a mod that gives you thous issues and not something wierd within the game it self :P

My account is new so had to ask my question here sorry but i've got a really annoying problem but first my pc specs i7 6700k at 4.4ghz 32gb ddr4 ram and a gtx 980ti at reference speed, So here my issue my gpu is only utilizing 40% and i get 80 at highs and lows at 30ish on ultra setting, why is my graphics card not utilizing all its power and i know people are saying right now its the cpu but i overclock it to 4.7ghz and no difference the overclock wasn't that stable don't do much overclocking at all but if someone could figure this out it would be greatly appreciated.

@ evoproject99 You can use as well a jumbo jet for freighting a small parcel, That doesn't make it faster. Be happy, you're ready for Arma 4 virtual reality.