Sign in to follow this  
D3F3CT3D

Terrain Processor Tut ?

Cant find any good tutorial, The wikia link "Tutorial" Is nothing near a tutorial...?   There is also no import terrain data as in Xyz or Asc options , Not sure how this program works if somone can explain it and how to import terrain with polygon shapes for filling clusters - is appreciated tyvm,

- what is the max terrain size i can build using l3dt ?

- what is the max terrain size i can build using l3dt ?

Free or licensed version?

Free is limited to 2048x2048, licensed goes up to 131072x131072 pixels (and no, that is not a typo).

Free or licensed version?

Free is limited to 2048x2048, licensed goes up to 131072x131072 pixels (and no, that is not a typo).

well... its limited by the amount of time your willing to dedicate towards generating the heightfield, attribute map and sat map and what kind of system your doing this on. i usually let L3DT use all available cores so it means not having the ability to do much else while its generating.

well... its limited by the amount of time your willing to dedicate towards generating the heightfield, attribute map and sat map and what kind of system your doing this on. i usually let L3DT use all available cores so it means not having the ability to do much else while its generating.

That may be so but I don't see what that had to do with my post ;) I just gave him the hard dimension limits of both versions.