I drove right through the centre of Fallujah City yesterday, on the way to conduct a recce of one of the dispalced persons camps, the battle damage is very apparent, the people of Fallujah just looked broken, I was going to a little village South East of Fallujah called Amyrat Fallujah, I have some pictures that I took yesterday on my through, they're not the best quality, for obvious reasons, I'm not going to make the public.

Blackwater bridge is now impassable, and we went over the Southern concrete bridge yesterday.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, road runner said:

I drove right through the centre of Fallujah City yesterday, on the way to conduct a recce of one of the dispalced persons camps, the battle damage is very apparent, the people of Fallujah just looked broken, I was going to a little village South East of Fallujah called Amyrat Fallujah, I have some pictures that I took yesterday on my through, they're not the best quality, for obvious reasons, I'm not going to make the public.

Blackwater bridge is now impassable, and we went over the Southern concrete bridge yesterday.

What war can do to a city is crazy. 

• Like 3

Little update. 

Rebel has begun working on the map again after a long stint on the rso buildings pack. I will be helping him out in the near future with some elevation alterations and object placement. Hopefully some screenshots will appear soon. 

• Like 15

14 hours ago, spookygnu said:

Little update. 

Rebel has begun working on the map again after a long stint on the rso buildings pack. I will be helping him out in the near future with some elevation alterations and object placement. Hopefully some screenshots will appear soon. 

Can't wait :)

Due to a complete disregard of my content and my IP, I have decided to never release another mod to the wider community. I am only going to release my work to very close friends and that is that. I will think long and hard about my work with RSO I may even stop that altogether. I am sick to death of the fucking absolute fuck tards that think that Stealing content and releasing it under their own name is the done thing to do. 

I tried to contact xyla and talk to him about the workshop release he has managed to achieve. He chose to ban me from his TS before even being a decent person and talking about it. He blatantly has taken a complete disregard for my work and because of this NO ONE is going to see Machloop 2, Benghazi, Belize, Hawk t1, or anything else I decide to make for the game. My modding is now in house only not for distribution at all. 

Say what you will guys, but Xyla has forced me to make this decision and I pity the rest of you who were looking forward to seeing Machloop 2 which I was going to release next week funnily enough. Only need a few more shapefiles filling in with trees.  

All I can say is Sorry! 

and

blame Xyla!

• Like 5

This is exactly the thing i fear about people using others content. Whenever someone on the workshop says "Oh i am just uploading it for "convenience" i point to people who have left modding entirely over these issues.

I,know how frustrating having the things you work so hard on taken so callously and used without permission or even simple credit given-it shows a total lack of respect and is unfortunately something we see a lot nowadays.. 

Of course it is your decision, and your right to do as you want with your work, but I will still make a plea that you dont punish the community at large for the actions of a majority. i know I and a lot of others have been waiting and watching your work for a long time, and I am just gutted that I will never get to enjoy it now.

Whatever you decide, I appreciate all the work you have done to enhance our community.

• Like 3

Who is this Xyla guy and what was his connection to the map ?

Sorry to hear that it's going to be a closed group, this thread is as well being locked if it's not going to be released publicly.

I fully support your decision fella.

• Like 1

It is sad to see that you are stopping your work but it is your decision and I support it. I just appreciate all the work you've ever done for this community.

@spookygnu  While I can't agree with you punishing the entire community for the acts of one person, I do understand your frustration. It's a damn shame.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, road runner said:

Who is this Xyla guy and what was his connection to the map ?

Sorry to hear that it's going to be a closed group, this thread is as well being locked if it's not going to be released publicly.

I fully support your decision fella.

https://forums.bistudio.com/profile/881932-xyla/

heres his steam page

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ghostsgaming

he doesn't have any connection to my map all he wanted to do was be a dick and upload it to the workshop because it was only available on Armaholic. Er..... Isn't that my decision where I want to upload it?

His excuse was, "I'm sick and tired of the modding community moaning about which sites to put work on all the time". 

• Like 3

I presume he had access to the beta map for him to decide to upload it to steam?

Mods, would this not warrant a ban from the forums?

here is a snippet from my attempts with him last night:

Spoiler

Why is my mod on steam under your name, This is what Iwanted to talk to you about, I mean talk,. I wasn't going to bitch at you unless I got attitude to begin with. Why couldn't you be honorable in hearing my speak first?

Because I'm sick of listening to the mod community bitch and moan about mods on anysite

•  

This has all gone in the wrong thread. Machloop discussion thread from now on please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, road runner said:

Mods, would this not warrant a ban from the forums?

Possible. Looking into it.

• Like 4

I gone through the process don't worry, but he did remove it after I spoke to him last night about it. That still doesn't excuse the fact he tried to do what he did. I'm not done with this until I see a solid resolve. He will not get away with it. 

• Like 7

Hello folks...

first off, I'm really sad for what happend to my partner Spookygny. It's unacceptable and I hope we can pass over this problem on the future.

secondly, we have done with RSO for now, we will continue in the future, but want to focus on the maps and start to prepare the BOF alpha release, it should not take longer than a month, the plans are:

1- Build this area

2- done with minaret of this mosque

20161228195834_1.jpg

Built in 2013, only finished UVMapping recently:

Minaret%20Progress.png

This area will be part of alpha release:

fallujah.png

We never fail, and we ain't never been frail

• Like 17

So there is a big chance we'll get this map within a month? That is great news!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex150201 said:

So there is a big chance we'll get this map within a month? That is great news!

It is good news that the map will be available.

It it will be available when we see fit. I know rebel said within a month but you never know what might happen. 

All you can do is watch the boards and wait really. I'm not being Arsey about it, but rather, more realistic.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, spookygnu said:

It is good news that the map will be available, but it's not a good idea to assume it will whenever you pre-empt to be. 

It it will be available when we see fit. I know rebel said within a month but you never know what might happen. 

All you can do is watch the boards and wait really. I'm not being Arsey about it, but rather, more realistic.

That's why I mention 'chance' in there mate because while there is a big chance we'll see it within a month like rebel said there is also a big chance we won't.

• Like 1

If you guys hit me up in a PM, I might give you the pictures I took in Fallujah a couple of weeks ago when I was passing through, they're not great but they're as recent as you will get.

• Like 6