Yeah, keep the custom buildings empty. With the 3D editor it's much easier for mission makers to decorate buildings themselves depending on the scenario then it used to be. 

• Like 5

Yeah, keep the custom buildings empty. With the 3D editor it's much easier for mission makers to decorate buildings themselves depending on the scenario then it used to be. 

You could, however, make some interior object compositions. Also, it's good to decorate small, generic buildings which are commonly seen on the map (such as apartment blocks), because even in Eden, it's be a bit hard for a mission maker to decorate a hundred or so buildings, even using compositions. Large buildings which are more sparsely placed (so that the player has little chance of entering more than one or two during an infantry mission) can be left with minimal furnishing.

• Like 3

i had bought one of those phone VR headsets recently, watched a video on youtube about the fight for fallujah against ISIS, you may find some good reference in this video. if you watch it on computer it has a little arrow thing to let you look around  

• Like 4

You could, however, make some interior object compositions. Also, it's good to decorate small, generic buildings which are commonly seen on the map (such as apartment blocks), because even in Eden, it's be a bit hard for a mission maker to decorate a hundred or so buildings, even using compositions. Large buildings which are more sparsely placed (so that the player has little chance of entering more than one or two during an infantry mission) can be left with minimal furnishing.

Well, I wasn't suggesting manually decorating every building, I think that would hurt performance too much. I meant that if you're planning on having a building or certain buildings be a focal point of a mission, you can come up with appropriate contents, be that residential, an insurgent hideout or an IED factory. I think the folks playing a mission will understand that, for technical reasons, not every building can have full furnishings.  

• Like 2

Building some bases for Fallujah. This one is remake from Project Reality (West Fallujah). Of course some objects will be deleted like ammo crates, palms etc. I hope you will like it.

Location of base

E7AD42C72A7FC579534C5AFE2A494BE97DDF4487

0322CBE724121926BF5A86CF9609DB77FED937F3

6A85C2C2BF7F367C1BF98DD3F1322C50DA32A746

37A092D30EC61D0AE4810C40600545C360333292

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 6

Is that using only vanilla assets?

• Like 1

Well, I wasn't suggesting manually decorating every building, I think that would hurt performance too much. I meant that if you're planning on having a building or certain buildings be a focal point of a mission, you can come up with appropriate contents, be that residential, an insurgent hideout or an IED factory. I think the folks playing a mission will understand that, for technical reasons, not every building can have full furnishings.  

Yes, but if you're doing room to room urban warfare, or especially a dynamic mission (or just a large-scale MP), you tend to not only enter a lot of buildings, but the mission maker may not be able to predict which. Without furniture, things will end up like Altis, empty and dull. That's why it's good to have some basic furnishings "built in", like in Takistani buildings from OA. They could even be parts of the house model itself.

• Like 4

Well there is room for people to help. Certainly with propulating the buildings.

This can go one of two ways.

1. The buildings continue as they are with very very little in them. Only having the jbad buildings populating them.

2. People offer to help propulate buildings to give your hungry cqb skills a real test.

Whats it gunna be?

You have to remember that there is only 2 people actively working on the map as we speak. The other two are advising on technical stuff. Thats only due their own heavy projects too. Theres alot to do. So when it comes to us putting things in buildings think about our workload while you twiddle ya thumbs waiting for a map to be released.

• Like 4

And let's add to that you simply cannot "only" add the buildings as they have to be play-tested to ensure the stupid AI work with them.  Nothing is ever simple ;)

Making a few rooms can literally take several days to get right.

• Like 4

Thanks folks for your reply, I was at my work and also was working on Fallujah lately. Just give me some time so I can reply to y'all

Appreciate your support

:)

• Like 6

DonbassCZ, looking good man!

One request. Could you get rid of the concrete blocks/speed traps at the entrances and let the players decide how they want to barricade their entrances? Although AI driving is getting better, I don't foresee a time in which AI would be able to navigate their way into these bases.

Outstanding work man. I just want to request you keep AI on-foot and vehicle pathfinding in mind before finalizing anything. They do not like objects in their way from point A to point B.

• Like 2

Looking good DB! Are you working on the map or building compositionz separately?

Hi. Iam only working on fortidications. Also thanks for your reply.

Best regards DonbassCZ

Something is missing in this bases... Some diferent land textures - patches, mud where vehicle are stopped etc, also i would add some trashes like water bottles, some scraps etc.

• Like 1

Something is missing in this bases... Some diferent land textures - patches, mud where vehicle are stopped etc, also i would add some trashes like water bottles, some scraps etc.

I think it would be weird if these bases had trash around. I mean these are military bases, not civillian streets

• Like 1

I think it would be weird if these bases had trash around. I mean these are military bases, not civillian streets

Soldiers are also producing trashes, arent they?

Maybe trashes is wrong word, i mean this little detailed objects like paletes, sandbags ets, on second photo look at the background on the left.

Fallujah4.jpg

On-Patrol.jpg

• Like 2

I usually add my own garbage, pallets, containers etc to decorate my bases. Either way, objects like that do add a lot to the atmosphere but I can leaving it up to the player to decide. Whatever you choose to do is cool with me.

DB, will these be included with the map or as a separate addon?

• Like 2

I usually add my own garbage, pallets, containers etc to decorate my bases. Either way, objects like that do add a lot to the atmosphere but I can leaving it up to the player to decide. Whatever you choose to do is cool with me.

DB, will these be included with the map or as a separate addon?

Hi. It will be included in map. Maybe after release of BOF i will do some fix/update of those bases but really maybe!

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 2

As HeroesandvillainsOS said. I will keep it on players to suit bases how they want.  Thnaks for reply.

Best regards DonbassCZ

Hi. Thanks for reply. Yes there will be roads but after update of satmask the terrain is still littlebit hilly.

Best regards DonbassCZ