• Like 15

Update as of October 1 2017:

37371778186_8a497f1ffa_b.jpg

37418969261_e86988cb45_b.jpg

41 minutes ago, wiki said:

Wow nice!

Will there be enterable?

Thanks.

Unfortunately no, you only can plan npc in the upper floors as a snipers.

Regards,

• Like 14

My God, it's so beautiful!

Can't wait for it to be released!

I think when it's out, I'll make a small campaign or mission pack with this map!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wiki said:

My God, it's so beautiful!

Can't xait for it to be released!

I think when it's out, I'll make a small campaign or mission pack with this map!

Thanks wiki, hopefully will finished asap :)

• Like 7

Im drooling as i picture someone using this map and recreating the classic fallujah insurgency missions you would see with A2OA and ace

• Like 3

Also hoping for this and wish you all the luck for your work.

I've been using either A2 Fallujah or Diyala for middle east scenarios. Diyala is great but all these maps use tropical palm trees and not proper middle eastern date palms which is a real immersion breaker for me. Those are excellent palm models for Subsaharan Africa, Southeast Asia or South American terrains, not for ME.

If you excuse my boldness I would like to suggest something for B.O.F.:

Don't use tropical palms on this. I didn't find any perfect replacement but the most similar are either Altis phoenix palms or the Malden 2035 ones, which are actually quite acceptable. Tanoan tropical fan palms can be used only for decorative purposes like you see in the avenues of some cities in the ME but those are an exception. Here you have a comparison with photos near Fallujah that I hope will convince you:

3921M4j.png

• Like 8

On 10/28/2017 at 5:18 PM, b3lx said:

Also hoping for this and wish you all the luck for your work.

I've been using either A2 Fallujah or Diyala for middle east scenarios. Diyala is great but all these maps use tropical palm trees and not proper middle eastern date palms which is a real immersion breaker for me. Those are excellent palm models for Subsaharan Africa, Southeast Asia or South American terrains, not for ME.

If you excuse my boldness I would like to suggest something for B.O.F.:

Don't use tropical palms on this. I didn't find any perfect replacement but the most similar are either Altis phoenix palms or the Malden 2035 ones, which are actually quite acceptable. Tanoan tropical fan palms can be used only for decorative purposes like you see in the avenues of some cities in the ME but those are an exception. Here you have a comparison with photos near Fallujah that I hope will convince you:

3921M4j.png

Hello,

Sure thing, I was planning about what kind of palm I will add to this map, I never liked the default one, thanks for pointing out the Malden one :wink_o:/

Regards

• Like 6

25226006448_ff888e9c54_h.jpg#

Good morning from the rooftops of Fallujah

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Every time I see this thread get updated it’s exciting. Keep up the hard work, the entire community is eagerly awaiting this release. 

• Like 5

Little fun testing video I've made.

Done the whole mosque, focusing now on adding building, miscellaneous, sidewalks, walls, etc.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

On 12/23/2017 at 2:29 PM, Rebel Man said:

Little fun testing video I've made.

Done the whole mosque, focusing now on adding building, miscellaneous, sidewalks, walls, etc.

Looks amazing, cant wait to see the finished product. although the ground seems a little too bright

That looks great. We really need a good ME map that wouldn't look afghan. Diyala is good, but it's only 8x8, which is a bit small, especially if you want a serious tank and aircraft action.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arghbra said:

Hi @Rebel Man have any update about the map? 

Just a heads up its against forum rules to ask about updates. Some people may see the thread active and get the wrong idea just to see its someone asking.

thought I heard this was not going to be released somewhere, might be wrong. and with the thread being so quiet for so long you can safely assume its dead or on long-term hiatus.

12 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

thought I heard this was not going to be released somewhere, might be wrong. and with the thread being so quiet for so long you can safely assume its dead or on long-term hiatus.

iirc it was the other map and it was due to someone trying to re-release the buildings as theirs somewhere else. 

Hi @Rebel Man have any update about the map? 

Hello mate,

Sorry for no update.

I'm currently focusing on developing software outside Arma at the moment.

The map is actually ready. The new version of RSO Building is done (from my side). The only thing that the map needs now is object placement, which I find really tedious and cumbersome for the alpha release.

Maybe if I got the time to finish it, I hope I'm going to finish it this year.

Regards

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Has the development of RSO buildings pack by Spookygnu  (or stopping of i think it was) affected the development of this project?

On 3/10/2019 at 2:08 AM, LykosMactire said:

Has the development of RSO buildings pack by Spookygnu  (or stopping of i think it was) affected the development of this project?

Yeah, the RSO building pack is almost 90% done, only tiny glitches regarding doors animation, but other tasks could make the project duration even longer.

For BOF, I have not touched it for a while though, there's a big possibility it could become another dead project, hopefully not in this life :)

below is the latest image was taken several days ago, comparing it with the real-life location.

the map is ready as terrain, the only problem is now placing objects (the other houses, street, light, etc.), which is really would take a lot from my time.

0?e=1558569600&v=beta&t=vQCKtrDVDQpoKsWR

Hope I can just release the early alpha this year (possible, but unlikely)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1