Finished mosque lately, lot of work still on the domes, dome ornate and some maps left:

stuff.png

Indeed, most available "Arab" buildings actually look more like something out of Afghanistan. Takistan (from which most of them come from) was based more on Afghan than anything in Arabia. Most westerners (including myself) don't notice when playing on these maps, but I suppose someone actually from there would. What I do notice, however, is when they start throwing in buildings from Chernarus and Sahrani, which sometimes have Russian and Spanish writing on them. :) I'm really glad you're making your own buildings to avoid these exact problems.

Exactly, that's what I want to point out.

Great to hear. I think maps designed be people who are from the region or part of the culture always turn out far richer and more believable. And as the post above says, the existing middle eastern buildings are mostly designed with a more rural afghan look to them, which really does not fit somewhere like Fallujah at all.

Can i ask, are you from Iraq?Or somewhere else in the region?

That's right =>

I'm from Saudi Arabia, which is a border away from Iraq :)

• Like 10

Wow this looks glorious! Iam looking forward to see this in Fallujah! Hell yeah :D

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 2

Well said Rebel Man and I am glad you are taking the time to make it wonderful.

Mosque looks great!

• Like 2

Hello there...

Does anybody know how I could use that tower from CUP addons? Should I decrypt the the file or is there any legitimate way to get it?

QGManiret.jpg

The actual location of that tower, in Fallujah.

ArmaQueensGambit_04.jpg

Very nice!

Well said Rebel Man and I am glad you are taking the time to make it wonderful.

Mosque looks great!

Looks fantastic man!

Hope we can get on the top of these buildings, great work.

Wow this looks glorious! Iam looking forward to see this in Fallujah! Hell yeah :D

Best regards DonbassCZ

Thanks folks ;)

• Like 1

Hello folks...

Been busy this week on work, but still working on fallujah and make new building and adjustments, reworking on the map, now its bigger and has an airport, and quality adjusted.

some SITREP xD:

Current team members so far:

• Opteryx
  • Spookygnu
  • DonbassCZ
  • Markeof
  • Hammer
  • Rebel Man
We depend on these gentelmen =>
The project is will be push further for another month, hope we'll compelete further tasks.

you can probably find it in the ArmA II/OA I samples released on armaholic

Thanks mate  ;)

• Like 5

keep it going mate, this is by far my most anticipated map... I look forward to bringing some hurt to some virtual Daesh on this bad boy.

• Like 5

keep it going mate, this is by far my most anticipated map... I look forward to bringing some hurt to some virtual Daesh on this bad boy.

Thanks man  ;)

My most anticipated map for sure, keep up the good work man :)

Thanks  :)

Thanks for your thoughs, it still encourages me  :619:

Although, I'm having an internship at a telecom company, and having a database course later on each day, once i'm done with the course next week, I'll back to development again  :)

• Like 4

Hello folks

Been working lately with my friend Spookygnu to remake the map, to make it bigger flexible and to us to update in future, and to also have better quality:

Video for late development:

• Like 11

Looking very good!!!

Out of curiousity, will there be any depencies to this map?

• Like 1

Looking very good!!!

Out of curiousity, will there be any depencies to this map?

Yes, it will depend on the buildings and object that we will make, and some cups and jbads (of course I'll ask for permission first), not to forget some arma 3 objects too.

can't mention many details though xD

• Like 4

Do you think this map will get pretty hard to run with all the buildings?

• Like 2

That's an astounding video sir, but it really wasn't necessary. We all know that this terrain will be a true, mind-blowing masterpiece....

Seriously though, we've witnessed the genesis of a legendary terrain within these precious pages.

We've also witnessed the great evolution of the abovementioned land within the frames of the highly anticipated footage you've recently blessed us with... We've seen all of that.

But now... now we're hearing the fast paced heartbeats of yourself echoing throughout the empty, fertile soil where magnificent blocks will grow. I can already feel the heat, the pandemic passion of the whole squad on my bruised skin... Don't give up man.

That being said, I've seen a lot of interesting elements thanks to the showcase.

To be more precise, I like how polished it's turning out, how clean, "stabilized" it appeared in the video. It's great.

The satmap and the overall feel of the terrain itself it's almost perfect, y'all did an extremely good job on that, but I'm sure you're going to surprise me even more...

Good luck and keep up the good work, don't give up and never look back... keep your eyes focused on the objective, and keep your hands steadily attached to the pen: You're writing history.

• Like 3

Do you think this map will get pretty hard to run with all the buildings?

Doubt it, its trees and foliage that kills fps, none on this map, alot of sand on map so should run great even with all thouse buildings i reckon, fallujah is all about loads of buildings.

• Like 3

my feeling on this, is that with the finite number of objects, surely the whole city is just going to end up looking the same everywhere you go.

I would have thought you could go half the size or less and still achieve a great Fallujah.

• Like 2

Doubt it, its trees and foliage that kills fps, none on this map, alot of sand on map so should run great even with all thouse buildings i reckon, fallujah is all about loads of buildings.

If this is the case then great!

• Like 2

@lightspeed IMO regardless of how similar the different parts of the city may look like, having a large footprint not adds to the effort and tension of making your way through it but adds flexibility for mission makers.

@daytrader I always thought that buildings, certainly if they're detailed (interiors etc) had an impact on playability as has been seen with different maps, both official and not.

Regardless, I'm not a map-maker and look forward to whatever effort is made on this map :D

• Like 2

my feeling on this, is that with the finite number of objects, surely the whole city is just going to end up looking the same everywhere you go.

I would have thought you could go half the size or less and still achieve a great Fallujah.

Even with a finite number of buildings (and there's a LOT of stuff in Jbad) there's a lot of ways you can use those building blocks to create a dynamic urban combat environment. And I'm totally against maps being shrunk down to tiny sizes just to have them "finished" faster.

• Like 7

@daytrader I always thought that buildings, certainly if they're detailed (interiors etc) had an impact on playability as has been seen with different maps, both official and not.

I disagree, in my opinion detailed interiors don't have an huge impact on playability.

If you're talking about rural Takistani building's level of detail, I surely disagree. If I'd have to choose between less buildings-highly detailed interiors and more buildings-less detailed interiors, I'd choose the latter. Why? Because, as you probably know, modeling extras cost a relative amount of frames per second... but that's probably the least important reason of my statement.

The second thought I'd like to share is the fact (opinion of mine) that HIGHLY detailed interiors are not needed for general realism purposes, aka standard military operations, even if you're into some counter insurgency operation where some form of intelligence/civilian interaction may be required.

As an example, you can look at BISim's As Samawah terrain (VBS2, lite and JCOVE), where buildings, as far as I know, are literally empty (at least in the JCOVE version, but it must be the same in the full version), and neither playability or realism were affected.

I'm aware that you could have highly detailed interiors in order to achieve some kind of of cinematic immersion on non military kind of mission, but that's not the main focus of ArmA.

Note that this post is not meant to insult anyone, neither I pretend that its content is 100% accurate, so take this stuff as a simple opinion. I may have misunderstood your post.

• Like 3

One thing that was discussed in the beginning of the process was what to do about the interiors. 

there are two ways to look at this.

1. Time, effort and productivity

2. Performance and balance.

1. The time it takes to make all the interiors and the effort to create detailed interiors takes alot more than you think. objects from Jbad can be used, but this was where it was suggested that if mission makers wanted to fit out the interiors they can and to their own liking. Creating an abundance of objects for people to sit down at tables and discuss plans whilst eating a plastic apple would be counter productive to the whole process. The team is not that big and it only has a certain amount of skills. The thought of becoming pressurised into having an end result for the masses would eventually cause motivation to lack. 

2. The decision to make things as proxies for the interiors to help with the performance was discussed but again that would take the time to make all the objects. Why not let the mission makers do it themselves with 3den or map builder or even Xcam. all can have presets for compositions. With the map being so big it was a matter of saying, focus needs to be concentrated and maintained without digressing to much from the main goal. 

The none modders of the community need to appreciate the fact that things like this take a lot of time, effort, concentration and to a point detriment to real life such as family.  So with regards to having interiors in the buildings, some may have it, some may not. I know jbad buildings have interiors afa rebel is concerned jbad buildings will be used so you get a balance there. But having custom stuff that will probably be very minimal. may be even updated over time due to the enormity of the project. There are already over 100 custom buildings in the making for it. ARRRRgghhh shock horror, did I let out a little teaser there?

anyway, try to keep ya hardons to a minimum and you will be pleasantly surprised at what is to come. 

• Like 5

You don't need to load out rooms, there is enough to do. We mission makers can do the room filling.

Share the load.

• Like 2