Some news.

markoef joined the team, but I've lost contact with him recently, hope he's doing well.

Also, some development pictures:

fallujah1wip.png

map development so far.

apartment.png

sidehouseWIPmsq.png

bathroom1wip.png

Nice work.

Thank you :)

• Like 9

Awesome work. Really bro I hope that this project will some day be finished and i will be able to walk around new Fallujah town mady by you and your team. Very impressive work i will said it again and again. Mainly dont give up it!!! because we are waiting for this georgeus project!!! remember it! Thanks for your work.

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 1

If this gets finished using all of Opteryx's buildings from his discontinued Al Kut map, I will have a stroke. I MIGHT end up looking forward to this map more than I did with the Tanoa expansion release, if that is the case... great job so far. Looking forward to some nice urban screenshots whenever they come.

• Like 1

Very exciting work!

Thanks opteryx ;)

Awesome work. Really bro I hope that this project will some day be finished and i will be able to walk around new Fallujah town mady by you and your team. Very impressive work i will said it again and again. Mainly dont give up it!!! because we are waiting for this georgeus project!!! remember it! Thanks for your work.

Best regards DonbassCZ

Your welcome :). Wish me luck for the project DonbassCZ ;)

If this gets finished using all of Opteryx's buildings from his discontinued Al Kut map, I will have a stroke. I MIGHT end up looking forward to this map more than I did with the Tanoa expansion release, if that is the case... great job so far. Looking forward to some nice urban screenshots whenever they come.

Thanks, I will use some of opteryx buildings on early alpha, and maybe also all the buildings for the final release in the near future ;) .

• Like 4

This is looking quite promising guys, keep up the good work, we really need some good old large desert maps, that's for damn sure.

• Like 3

Especially ones set in Iraq. You browse Armaholic and it's Afghan, Afghan, Afghan all over. :) We need a place to shoot at ISIS in a plausible environment.

• Like 1

Some news today. The project is little bit slowing down, because I've had an internship in IT company, the goal of this internship is to get money in order to pay for some programs I had, such as Photoshop and Sketchup. The internship will finish on August 11.

Will back stronger soon, keep your heads up :) .

This is looking quite promising guys, keep up the good work, we really need some good old large desert maps, that's for damn sure.

Thanks, the map kinda large though, with some urban and desert areas. :)

Especially ones set in Iraq. You browse Armaholic and it's Afghan, Afghan, Afghan all over. :) We need a place to shoot at ISIS in a plausible environment.

That's what we're working for ;)

• Like 4

New watcher here, can wait to see progress. Great work so far.

• Like 3

Looking great @Rebel Man! Best of luck on this project :)

Dunno if you've played Project Reality (former BF2 mod now standalone), but this building looks exactly the same as a building in PR:

Afb1.jpg

Hard to understand if you haven't played PR's Fallujah or anything, but it's kinda funny  :D Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Finished my internship Thursday, fresh outta gate again, time to raise the stakes again :619:.

Looking great @Rebel Man! Best of luck on this project :)

Dunno if you've played Project Reality (former BF2 mod now standalone), but this building looks exactly the same as a building in PR:

Hard to understand if you haven't played PR's Fallujah or anything, but it's kinda funny  :D Keep up the good work!

Probably we both inspired by this photo :

2047595399_e6ee1288fc_b.jpg[/url

:rolleyes:

New watcher here, can wait to see progress. Great work so far.

Appreciate your support, thanks :)

• Like 5

You little beauty, good luck with it mate, I will be watching this closely with eager eyes and more then likely a stiff prick. B)

• Like 2

Little stuff

commercial building:

shop.png

Furnitures:

furniute.png

test sniping position on a building:

20160816025039_1.jpg

test mounting weapons:

20160816025321_1.jpg

You little beauty, good luck with it mate, I will be watching this closely with eager eyes and more then likely a stiff prick. B)

There  :P Couldn't help it.

PIC

Patiently following this thread  :)

Toldcha ;)

• Like 6

Looking good! I assume you are incorporating assets from Opertyx's unfinished Middle Eastern buildings pack into Fallujah?

• Like 1

Nice!! I want to be there and snipping some jihadis :DD. Great work as always. Looking forward on our cooperation... :)

Best regards DonbassCZ

Hello there, being working on the mosque itself recently. 70% is done now, and some ornate(ing) and trimmings left, that means the release gonna be really close. new pics soon.

DonbassCZ joined us in the project.

Looking good! I assume you are incorporating assets from Opertyx's unfinished Middle Eastern buildings pack into Fallujah?

My plan is to make 15 apartments and 5 stores. After that, I'm gonna look into opteryx's buildings. :)

Nice!! I want to be there and snipping some jihadis :DD. Great work as always. Looking forward on our cooperation... :)

Best regards DonbassCZ

Me too ;)

• Like 4

Hey there.

Excellent work so far on the project! I'm sure we are all a bit ecstatic for this to release so we can raid and plunder these desert streets.

With that said I am curious. I can see you're making assets and pulling them from one of the teams old maps/items. My question is will the effects of damage be along the lines of the Kunduz map from PR? Examples being the buildings don't just crumble after X amount of damage rather they break apart. Walls can have holes blown in them rather than entire sections etc.

If not then it's perfectly fine. In my eyes this would only benefit the terrain in ways as of immersion and such which seems to be one of your teams biggest objectives. If I recall I think they use assets from JBAD buildings (Correct me if I'm wrong?) Maybe that's something to look into integrating into the map as well :)

• Like 1

Hello there, me designing the mosque lately, still there's a lot to finish, also comparing it with my OFP:CWC version and real life(pillum did the big dome, cresent and textures on OFP version) :

Arma 3:

Mosque2.png

mosqueback.png

OFP: CWC (2008):

20160826134457_1.jpg

20160825141045_1.jpg

Real Life:

bmb.jpg

0__102.jpg

Hey there.

Excellent work so far on the project! I'm sure we are all a bit ecstatic for this to release so we can raid and plunder these desert streets.

With that said I am curious. I can see you're making assets and pulling them from one of the teams old maps/items. My question is will the effects of damage be along the lines of the Kunduz map from PR? Examples being the buildings don't just crumble after X amount of damage rather they break apart. Walls can have holes blown in them rather than entire sections etc.

If not then it's perfectly fine. In my eyes this would only benefit the terrain in ways as of immersion and such which seems to be one of your teams biggest objectives. If I recall I think they use assets from JBAD buildings (Correct me if I'm wrong?) Maybe that's something to look into integrating into the map as well :)

I've considered make the buildings destructible long time ago, since ArmA 2 supported this feature. but since I'm almost working alone, and it takes time and effort to make destructible buildings, I've gotta pass it, maybe I will reconsider it on future versions ;) .

And I will look into JBAD,CUP, and OPX, that's after we finish designing the needed buildings.

Thank you :)

• Like 6

Two more:

Mosque%20insider.png

Mosque%20insider2.png

Cultivate, multiply, motivate, or else we'll die

• Like 7

Awesome!

Again, excellent progress so far! With or without the nifty little addons, I feel we are all ready to see this Project :)

• Like 2

This is coming along, very nice!

It must be a huge task trying to tackle all of this.  With the variety of middle eastern buildings already available I am surprised you plan to model buildings at all.  I mean dont get me wrong haha, I commend you and your desire for authenticity and I look forward to battling it out on this map!

Excited for this is an understatement...

• Like 1

A new guy called Hammer have joined in, welcome Hammer :)

Awesome!

Again, excellent progress so far! With or without the nifty little addons, I feel we are all ready to see this Project :)

Thanks for support  :)

This is coming along, very nice!

It must be a huge task trying to tackle all of this.  With the variety of middle eastern buildings already available I am surprised you plan to model buildings at all.  I mean dont get me wrong haha, I commend you and your desire for authenticity and I look forward to battling it out on this map!

Excited for this is an understatement...

As an Arab, I really think Arabic buildings has its own authenticity in each Arabic cities, and I don't feel it represent us(as an Arab) in realistic way when I chuck whatever of these available buildings inside the map.

So I'm trying to rationalize with the map, and make buildings that resemble the real Fallujah, and then rationalize with that available buildings, and add them in the map, the goal is to make the city as authentic as possible.

Thanks for your opinion and support  ;)

• Like 11

Indeed, most available "Arab" buildings actually look more like something out of Afghanistan. Takistan (from which most of them come from) was based more on Afghan than anything in Arabia. Most westerners (including myself) don't notice when playing on these maps, but I suppose someone actually from there would. What I do notice, however, is when they start throwing in buildings from Chernarus and Sahrani, which sometimes have Russian and Spanish writing on them. :) I'm really glad you're making your own buildings to avoid these exact problems.

• Like 2

As an Arab, I really think Arabic buildings has its own authenticity in each Arabic cities, and I don't feel it represent us(as an Arab) in realistic way when I chuck whatever of these available buildings inside the map.

So I'm trying to rationalize with the map, and make buildings that resemble the real Fallujah, and then rationalize with that available buildings, and add them in the map, the goal is to make the city as authentic as possible.

Thanks for your opinion and support  ;)

Great to hear. I think maps designed be people who are from the region or part of the culture always turn out far richer and more believable. And as the post above says, the existing middle eastern buildings are mostly designed with a more rural afghan look to them, which really does not fit somewhere like Fallujah at all.

Can i ask, are you from Iraq?Or somewhere else in the region?

• Like 1