Photobucket has changed its policies! no more direct photo view,

click picture to view it.

will fix the problem ASAP

ArmA_3_Logo_Black_Transparent.jpg

Hello there…

It’s been a long time no see =>

For those who are interested, I’m Rebel Man, and I’ve been an add-on maker between 2006 and 2008. On 2008, I’ve announced the add-on “Battle of Fallujahâ€, but unfortunately I didn’t have enough time to work on it, I could tell It’s a failed project, because I’ve almost was working alone, never met the time, and lost my passion to work on it.

The old topic is right here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/69133-battle-of-fallujah-map/page-3

Right now, I will start the project again, the Project is called “Battle of Fallujah†map, it’s a city in Iraq we’re it was has military operations by US Forces in 2004 and Iraqi government in 2016.

The project duration will be 3 months, it start will be several days from now if we have efficient designers and modelers. The project scope will cover one or several blocks from “Fallujah†city. The reason is; give players a test of how it will look like as a final product, and meet the project duration.

Gallery:

fullmapsize.jpg

From 2009

Team members are:

1. Rebel Man (Project Manager, 3D Design, Arabic Language)
  2. Pillum (Former, 3D Design, Map Design)
  3. Opteryx (Former, Map Design)

If you want to join the project (If you have time and capable), send me a PM, I need designers, modelers, texture editors, and animators to join.

Several objects we’re taken a permission from, will be used in the map.

The goals of the project are:

1. Create immersive and entertaining experience for “ArmA 3†players.
  2. Make devolopers experience the feeling of team work.
  3. Supply an accurate depiction of Middle Eastern cities to the players.

And if you have any thoughts or feedback, please share it right here.

More news and pictures will come by…

Regards :)

• Like 18

wow Opteryx is on board, he is definitly the joker ;)

• Like 2

wow Opteryx is on board, he is definitly the joker ;)

You goddamn right =>

I'll be using the same map that he designed for ArmA 1. It was good, clean, and well designed.

alforat.jpg

FALUJA.jpg

armafall1.jpg

Circa 2009

• Like 4

How different is this map going to be from the current Fallujah map for arma 2 and arma 3?

• Like 1

How different is this map going to be from the current Fallujah map for arma 2 and arma 3?

I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention that the original "Battle of Fallujah" was on OFP:CWC

Unfortunately, I will be only focusing on Arma 3.

If you ask the difference between Arma 1 and 3, the graphics will be improved, we will rework on the models and the textures we've got on 2008.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention that the original "Battle of Fallujah" was on OFP:CWC

Unfortunately, I will be only focusing on Arma 3.

If you ask the difference between Arma 1 and 3, the graphics will be improved, we will rework on the models and the textures we've got on 2008.

I think he was talking about the Fallujah map which was released for ArmA 2 and ported to ArmA 3 with AiA :P

• Like 2

I think he was talking about the Fallujah map which was released for ArmA 2 and ported to ArmA 3 with AiA :P

That's what I am talking about mate :D

• Like 1

You mean the map that was made by Shezan74? or another designer? I'm sorry If I'm not aware of that :386:

I will be focusing on environments and objects of the map, and try to focus on make it realistic as possible, based on researches, photos I've made over several years.

I will provide photo to show you what I will do :)

• Like 1

You mean the map that was made by Shezan74?

Yes, this one.

• Like 1

You mean the map that was made by Shezan74? or another designer? I'm sorry If I'm not aware of that :386:

I will be focusing on environments and objects of the map, and try to focus on make it realistic as possible, based on researches, photos I've made over several years.

I will provide photo to show you what I will do :)

I'm sorry but you got me confused :D

Anyway I'll stick around surely!

• Like 2

I'm sorry but you got me confused :D

Anyway I'll stick around surely!

Sorry for that :D. And thanks for support :)

• Like 1

Looks promising wise i could help the only thing i can add is a good brain i wise you luck 

• Like 1

I hope this version of fallujah will have more vertical combat opportunities and creative mission opportunities. For some help here's some videos from the battles of fallujah and recent operations against isis in fallujah, All credits to original owners

i hope these videos help

• Like 2

Opteryx? Instant classic right here...

This is going to be one of the greatest terrains ever created for ArmA... (Along with Opx's Al Kut - I hope he didn't abandoned the project)

Fallujah is a beautiful city, a dangerous place which hosted courageous soldiers who fought, died and shed tears for their country... But now, after more than a decade, almost equally courageous modders are fighting to recreate the same, raw feel of that foul, memorable period...it's great.

You'll make us feel the same pain, smell the same blood, wear the same boots of those heroes... Thank you very much for your efforts, good luck with this hard, long lasting project.

I wasn't ready for this announcement sir, it's just mind blowing...

That being said, I have just a question: Will you use Opteryx's new, magnificent, spectacular buildings? If that's the case, I'm sure as hell that it'll be a damn masterpiece.

• Like 2

Looks promising wise i could help the only thing i can add is a good brain i wise you luck 

Thanks for support :)

I hope this version of fallujah will have more vertical combat opportunities and creative mission opportunities. For some help here's some videos from the battles of fallujah and recent operations against isis in fallujah, All credits to original owners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX-DbuzWZCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOJlBMj-Zo

"

i hope these videos help

Thanks for the videos, I'm try to make the make as realistic as possible, I will try to make one block or more to show player how it's going to look, then we will focus on more details ;)

Hell yeah!

Opteryx? Instant classic right here...

This is going to be one of the greatest terrains ever created for ArmA... (Along with Opx's Al Kut - I hope he didn't abandoned the project)

Fallujah is a beautiful city, a dangerous place which hosted courageous soldiers who fought, died and shed tears for their country... But now, after more than a decade, almost equally courageous modders are fighting to recreate the same, raw feel of that foul, memorable period...it's great.

You'll make us feel the same pain, smell the same blood, wear the same boots of those heroes... Thank you very much for your efforts, good luck with this hard, long lasting project.

I wasn't ready for this announcement sir, it's just mind blowing...

That being said, I have just a question: Will you use Opteryx's new, magnificent, spectacular buildings? If that's the case, I'm sure as hell that it'll be a damn masterpiece.

Thanks for your thoughts and feelings :). This project will be endeavor, maybe it will fail, or maybe it will success, the only determinant right here is the time and the scope of the project, and fans as well =)

Regarding your question. Unfortunately, I will not use opteryx buildings, I think its great, but every Arabic city has its own environment and look, of course there are similarities, but I'm try to make a unique look of the map.

;)

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I will not use opteryx buildings, I think its great, but every Arabic city has its own environment and look, of course there are similarities, but I'm try to make a unique look of the map.

That sounds promising... Does it mean that you'll create your own buildings?

• Like 1

Awesome news! Goodluck and of you need help (I am not an experienced modder), just give a shout

• Like 1

Great news, fav map in project reality, so cant wait to see it in Arma 3, cheers

• Like 1

I have have had many great battles on the Fallujah map in arma 2 with my realism clan. Great memories if this map comes out to what im hoping it will be it will be amazing.

• Like 1

That sounds promising... Does it mean that you'll create your own buildings?

Yep, I will use and remaster the old building i've designed several years ago, i'm planning to make 30 building at maximum for my beta release.

Right now I need some warming up and start to design.

Here's some old shots:

afb2.jpg

Afb1.jpg

Fallujah.jpg

Gate.png

The problem with buildings is, it lakes geometry and some texturing, two of which will take most of my time :(

Awesome news! Goodluck and of you need help (I am not an experienced modder), just give a shout

Thanks,  whatever you are capable of, you are welcomed :), I will contact ya.

Great news, fav map in project reality, so cant wait to see it in Arma 3, cheers

I have have had many great battles on the Fallujah map in arma 2 with my realism clan. Great memories if this map comes out to what im hoping it will be it will be amazing.

Thanks, hope I will finish that map ASAP ;)

• Like 9

Take your time. I believe that with Maps its better to Not rush and take your time so it is what you want it to be and not what other people want. I look forward to read the updates on how it goes. good luck. As the Fallujah map is well known so you have your work cut out.

• Like 1

Yep, I will use and remaster the old building i've designed several years ago, i'm planning to make 30 building at maximum for my beta release.

Right now I need some warming up and start to design.

Here's some old shots:

The problem with buildings is, it lakes geometry and some texturing, two of which will take most of my time :(

Thanks,  whatever you are capable of, you are welcomed :), I will contact ya.

Thanks, hope I will finish that map ASAP ;)

Will these buildings have  furniture in them? Arma oa houses are whole models with furniture and doesn't cause performance issues. I guess you can use older arma models so you won't have to find or make new models.

• Like 1

Yep, I will use and remaster the old building i've designed several years ago, i'm planning to make 30 building at maximum for my beta release.Right now I need some warming up and start to design.Here's some old shots:afb2.jpgAfb1.jpgFallujah.jpgGate.pngThe problem with buildings is, it lakes geometry and some texturing, two of which will take most of my time :(Thanks,  whatever you are capable of, you are welcomed :), I will contact ya. Thanks for support :)   Thanks, hope I will finish that map ASAP ;)

Allright! Great, you know where to find me

• Like 1

Progress of the day. Starting the project today. Unfortunately, I couldn't import the old map to ArmA 3, I will rework the map again, to fix the mask and terrain data filtering the map, by removing cars and wipe out the buildings.

Take your time. I believe that with Maps its better to Not rush and take your time so it is what you want it to be and not what other people want. I look forward to read the updates on how it goes. good luck. As the Fallujah map is well known so you have your work cut out.

Well said, but I just try to be committed to the project, and finish its beta version on timely manner :)

Will these buildings have  furniture in them? Arma oa houses are whole models with furniture and doesn't cause performance issues. I guess you can use older arma models so you won't have to find or make new models.

Most furniture will be object that can be added by player, some (like curtains and switches) will be embedded into the buildings.

Allright! Great, you know where to find me

;)

• Like 1