Sign in to follow this  
dmarkwick

Sometimes all mods not loading

Since 1.60, every now & then (like maybe 20%) when I boot up ArmA3 from the launcher there are no mods at all loaded, and the game is vanilla. I just retry & they're all there.

• Like 1

that because  you don't wait for the launcher to fully initialize all the mods or any of them for that matter, he just starts the launcher and press play without giving the launcher time to check for mods and their updates most due to the horrible mod source also know as the "steam workshop" (which i hate because 80% of the mods their are just little kids posting missions / addons in incorrect category and with memes posted all over them... and valve is not doing anything about it, there are mods which are stolen from armaholic and posted onto to the workshop without permission)  which is why no mods are loaded... i mean really? this is simple troubleshooting. 

Hello,

could you please report the issue on https://feedback.bistudio.com/in Launcher category and attach Launcher logs (you can generate a ZIP archive with logs from Options menu in Launcher)

Thx BIS_Wizard, next time it happens I'll do that.

i mean really? this is simple troubleshooting. 

Only since 1.60, so this sounds like something BIS might like to know. None of my addons come from Steam.

• Like 1

It might still do a "Steam check" for mods that you are not loading. I have experienced that if I open the launcher and press Play right away, that I get an error. The next press on Play always works. So there might be some connection/initialization that is not completed in the first "hasted" attempt

Please consider there is no issue to report, just the fact you need to wait... for enabling the addons chosen in launcher. The bad thing is you can see addons checked and mods are updated, so you don't mind for any other consideration and when you launch the game, your addons are not present. It's probably more "frequent" when you have multiple addons and you restart the Steam session for a reason or another.

I can't imagine nobody in B.I. never saw that! Just speak among yourselves!

Well, if the game loads with no mods and there's no other indication - that sounds like an issue. Maybe the launcher needs to artificially delay launch until checks are complete, or some message needs to be displayed or something.

And, this forum constitutes speaking among ourselves :) this is the troubleshooting forum yes? Where we come to find out about these issues?

Well this forum constitutes speaking among ourselves

dmarkwick Are you a BI developer? My remark was for them. The "report" reflex is not a solution here.

My bad :) but, I think maybe a report is in order. After all, it's a problem only since 1.60 as far as I've seen, which means something changed that can cause a (small) problem.

In fact, Steam launcher has changed. The folders are modified. You have to wait the end of the addons check, then the game  can be launched with "recognized" and enabled addons. It's just a question about the activation of the  "play" button, at the right time.

I'm having problems with mods but on the server side since 1.60. Updated mods and now many of then show red!