Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

A50 (Russian AWACS) for CUP, and Source Files

Completing work that Citizenship started.  When he donated his source files I decided to finish of the A-50 (Russian AWACS)

A50preview.jpg

Features a "basic" discovery script that the pilot can run 1x per minute, and it does a "reveal" of enemy targets on the map.  Those targets will disappear immediately if they are outside of your view distance!  This is a BIS thing.  So as the AWACS operator, you'll have to mark the maps for your colleagues in the MP map global channel.

Otherwise it is eye candy... it is really just something for my EF2000 and Fuller's USAF planes to shoot at :D

To be honest, the fact that an enemy AWACS target is available is the main (only) reason I built this.  Making the interior work, or adding "working" cargo slots, etc. isn't on my "radar" (pun intended!) to add in the future.  But the source files are here (cough, cough)...  so consider this "Version 1" so if there is any issue it has yet to be discovered.

THE SOURCE FILES from Citizenship are also here... since he released them to the world, it only makes sense that I should do the same with my updated files.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!32563&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

• Like 7

Oh gawd... looks like PW6 uploaded the sourcefiles instead of the mod *facepalm*

Oh gawd... looks like PW6 uploaded the sourcefiles instead of the mod *facepalm*

Both are present... there are 2 d/l files on my onedrive.  THe pook_A50 is the "playable" one.

Both are present... there are 2 d/l files on my onedrive.  THe pook_A50 is the "playable" one.

Yeah I downloaded from your drive after I tried the Play with 6 download. Really nice work, I love that plane and the scanning function! Is it possible to deactivate the scanning while the plane is on the ground (Will be used as stationary radar platform by some of my fellow teammembers, I know that ;) )

Yes there is.  I didn't even consider adding that because "who would do that on the ground" LOL

Edit - "duh" those checks are already in the script:

_engine = isEngineOn _vehicle;

if !(_engine) exitWith {_vehicle vehicleChat 'Plane not ready';};  // don't run if plane is on runway or engine not running
if (getPosASL _vehicle select 2 < 150) exitWith {_vehicle vehicleChat 'Plane too low';};

So let me play with this... it should not work on the ground!

Edit to add - confirmed, this will NOT work on the ground :)

only thing missing is the Ilyushin Il-78

It's out there, its in "Ivory's Aircraft Pack" which he took down and not able to download, either due to he left the scene, or from what I read, had stolen content in it...

Either way, little of Google work, you can still find the mirror download links, includes IL-78 and others, here the old AH page; http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25741

---

But now to add this sexy A50 to my Airforce Mission that I play around in, woot woot! American and RU AWACS now, with fully working scans!!!  :) Danke Pookie!

EDIT: Found a bug pookie,

http://i.imgur.com/tG86nHQ.png

Invisible Drop down name in editor, and in separate drop downs? Not sure if the second part was intended. Also, maybe add the cool new 3d preview when hover over the unit in the list? ;)

Love it though, great work!

Would there be a possibility to have a version that doesn't require CUP? Would be great for some milsim communities especially the one I'm in however we can't afford to add 7gb to our mod pack for a vehicle. I feel as though you're not reaching out to as many people by requiring a massive CUP download. 

Also for your other Aircraft.. as their great but not everyone can download CUP. I can, but I'm thinking for the people who don't have the internet or the speeds.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Source files are there if anyone wants to load up addon builder and press the "pack" button.

If CUP downloads need to be addressed for low-bandwidth users, that's something the CUP team will have to figure out.

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey hcpookie , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.