A little update on the BI forums is long overdue:

I released Version 3.0.3 today and updated the first post with correct information regarding the terrain. The terrain has still got long ways to go to be considered complete, nonetheless I do think that it is an interesting case study for very densely populated urban maps in ArmA.

At the moment parts of Brooklyn, Lower Manhatten and the whole of Liberty and Governor´s Island can be played on. My current priority is to complete the bridge network to allow people to drive from Brooklyn to Manhatten.

Some pictures from the playable areas (for more-> see first post or workshop page):

9B1F321F7CC1C29BF78A6F807D5E4D646A4E8CC3 4A5321EA40CE3F2AF962A0EAA8F2CF52ADAFF7B2

• Like 12

So cool! I took a helo-ride two years ago from that pad. Now I can do it again for free!

Compliments on the accuracy here the pad with the building, the park in the background and the rising freeway are exactly as I remember.

• Like 1

Haha yes! Someone needs to make something like The Division on this! Open world mission generation! Yeah!

Nice screenshots. Impressive.

• Like 2

Have you considered using buildings from bracer's Minihattan project? https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/160586-minihattan-island-a3/ It would be great to replace most of the Apex apartments/office buildings with enterable skyscrapers.

Well done creating this map! 

Yes I did but bracer's buildings would need a complete overhaul. Most of them have shadow lod and small collision issues. Besides that I don't know if bracer is still active in the community. Having said that I know where you are coming from, especially Manhatten is in dire need of more skyscraper variation.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

Yes I did but bracer's buildings would need a complete overhaul. Most of them have shadow lod and small collision issues. Besides that I don't know if bracer is still active in the community. Having said that I know where you are coming from, especially Manhatten is in dire need of more skyscraper variation.

personally I can live with those issues if it means having enterable buildings but others who are more fussy with detail may not be so pleased haha.

nevertheless thanks for this map. I appreciate the time and effort thats gone into it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Haha yes! Someone needs to make something like The Division on this! Open world mission generation! Yeah!

Nice screenshots. Impressive.

I kind of wanted to make a quick and dirty video so here I go I guess. It would definitely be pretty cool if someone created such a game mode.

• Like 1

@lumnuon Nice. :)

I know it wouldn't be the same, but I could always index the map for ALiVE. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the mod, but it's a dynamic war simulator that spawns units based on building classifications.

Quick question...

How complete is the building placement on the map? If buildings are going to be added or changed, it would probably make sense for me to wait until at least the building layout is closer to finalized (otherwise I would need to keep indexing it with each update).

But yeah man, someone needs to do this. Even if it's less ambitious and more like Dynamic Recon ops. You know, a mission generator that covers the playable area of the map. It would be really sweet. The detail of object placement in the videos are quite immersive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@lumnuon Nice. :)

I know it wouldn't be the same, but I could always index the map for ALiVE. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the mod, but it's a dynamic war simulator that spawns units based on building classifications.

Quick question...

How complete is the building placement on the map? If buildings are going to be added or changed, it would probably make sense for me to wait until at least the building layout is closer to finalized (otherwise I would need to keep indexing it with each update).

But yeah man, someone needs to do this. Even if it's less ambitious and more like Dynamic Recon ops. You know, a mission generator that covers the playable area of the map. It would be really sweet. The detail of object placement in the videos are quite immersive.

I will add more detail to the existing areas but the buildings that are already there probably won´t change that much (unless someone decides to help out with more fitting skyscraper models). Obviously there are some areas that are already included in the playable area but are heavily work in progress (Should be easy to tell which ones I am talking about).

I am somewhat familiar with ALIVE. I played around with the modules but I never got around to playing on a proper ALIVE server nor have I ever indexed a terrain so thank you a lot for offering to do it, it would be greatly appreciated.

A Dynamic Recon Ops with random Thugs appearing on the map still sounds like a lot of fun :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

I will add more detail to the existing areas but the buildings that are already there probably won´t change that much (unless someone decides to help out with more fitting skyscraper models). Obviously there are some areas that are already included in the playable area but are heavily work in progress.

I am somewhat familiar with ALIVE. I played around with the modules but I never got around to playing on a proper ALIVE server nor have I ever indexed a terrain so thank you a lot for offering to do it, it would be greatly appreciated.

A Dynamic Recon Ops with random Thugs appearing on the map still sounds like a lot of fun :)

Thanks. If building placement isn't finalized, let's wait on the index. I'll do it when you give me the go ahead on the buildings being placed to near completion, so keep me posted.

But if someone has an in with the Dynamic Recon Ops author, that would be cool if he could get this added until someone tackles their own mission. The map looks pretty great in the media shared here.

Release of Alpha version 3.0.4

Added:
-A little bit more detail to lower Manhatten

Changed:
-Edited the heightmap slightly
-Dirt was added to Battery Park
-Slopes were added to Governor´s Island to allow vehicles to land at the Island
-Removed e76_objects
-Removed burnes_objects
-Included PLP_objects in the addon (PLP Barriers dependency removed)

Fixed:
-Missing Keys
-Inverted text on the 2-Lane-Street
-terrain bumps
-Luggage at NYC Helicopters was hovering
-Graves in Battery Park were hovering
-Pier ladders could not be used properly

--------------------------------------------------------------

This Release can be regarded as a hotfix. I noticed some pretty major and some minor issues and wanted to fix them as fast as possible.

• Like 2

It would be amazing if there was a version that did not have all of the wrecked cars and extra items. It is great with that but it limits what people can use the map for.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:30 PM, Djoutlowd said:

It would be amazing if there was a version that did not have all of the wrecked cars and extra items. It is great with that but it limits what people can use the map for.

really all that rules out is like lifemod scenarios. I mean, realistically theres going to be a lot of collateral damage if theres open combat in a city like new york and things are going to frenzied, it'd look like the apocalypse. 

• Like 2

On 01/12/2017 at 4:51 PM, wsxcgy said:

really all that rules out is like lifemod scenarios. I mean, realistically theres going to be a lot of collateral damage if theres open combat in a city like new york and things are going to frenzied, it'd look like the apocalypse. 

I agree but it does put some limitation on mission makers. For example if they wanted to uses the baseball field as a rebel out post, In this version they cannot because it has been taken up by a base. The many broken vehicles also put unnecessary stain on people's computers 

On 4.12.2017 at 7:50 AM, Djoutlowd said:

I agree but it does put some limitation on mission makers. For example if they wanted to uses the baseball field as a rebel out post, In this version they cannot because it has been taken up by a base. The many broken vehicles also put unnecessary stain on people's computers 

@Djoutlowd There is a special eden editor module for this. You can navigate to Modules and type in "Hide" to find a special module.

You can then place it on top of an object(s) and change its size and shape in order to remove some terrain items. Have you considered that?

12 hours ago, Dj Rolnik said:

@Djoutlowd There is a special eden editor module for this. You can navigate to Modules and type in "Hide" to find a special module.

You can then place it on top of an object(s) and change its size and shape in order to remove some terrain items. Have you considered that?

Although very useful, it won't make player FPS any better since the map is still loading the objects even though they are hidden.

Hopefully work on this map is still underway as it does have much potential and is incomplete in its current state.

The map is still being worked on, although a more fitting term would probably be "the map is being reworked".

I don´t want to show pictures yet but overall the authenticity should improve greatly.

Having said that there won´t be any updates for a relatively long time since we are planning to give pretty much all areas an overhaul.

If anyone feels interested in the project and is capable of helping out (especially 3d-modellers are badly needed) feel free to join our discord server.

https://discord.gg/MeA8CBQ

• Like 4

Wow that is super awesome! I am glad that this map is still being worked on. Can't wait for some updates on it as I currently have a scenario prepared for that map. Now I am considering holding off with it until the map is updated. Can you at least roughly estimate when you would like to have it done by?

Thanks and good luck!

Adam

On 14.1.2018 at 1:10 PM, Dj Rolnik said:

Wow that is super awesome! I am glad that this map is still being worked on. Can't wait for some updates on it as I currently have a scenario prepared for that map. Now I am considering holding off with it until the map is updated. Can you at least roughly estimate when you would like to have it done by?

Thanks and good luck!

Adam

Real life stuff has been rough for me in the last few months so I barely worked on the map. I´d like to progress further but I am at a point where I would need people with 3d-modelling expertise to help me out with buildings that fit into New York. Effectively the map is not playable and on hold right now and that will probably remain to be the case until I can find people that are interested in helping me out. 

I am not doing this because I lost interest in it but rather that it has become a project that is too large to handle alone or even just with 2 people that are not doing this professionally.

Hello, is it possible to still get the map, regardless of if it's finished. I badly want the new York map