Sign in to follow this  
forzajuve

BIS_fnc_deleteTask;

I am trying to delete a task. 

My code is 

["tsk2"] call BIS_fnc_deleteTask; 

on activation in trigger.

However it is not deleting the task... I also tried deleting the trigger which activates the task however that just assigns the task instantly. Not sure what's wrong...

We'll need to see more info about how you've created the tasks first please. :)

Ok, the task is to hide a vehicle. However if the vehicle is destroyed I would like to delete this task as the player won't be able to complete this objective and get into a locked building. This would be bypassed. 

The task is assigned by entering a trigger area. I've checked it's all working fine, just the deleting is where the problem is.

Owner: All playable units
Task ID: tsk2
Title: Hide the truck
Description: Drive the truck to...
Marker: park
Destination: Module position
State: created
Task type: move
Always visible: disable

Maybe try setting the state to Failed or Unavailable (is that an option?) with a SetTaskState module synced to the trigger instead of deleting it via scripts?

(I've never really had much luck with task modules and have always used SHK Taskmaster instead really.)

There is cancelled, I guess I'll just make do with that and see if I can get that working. 

I typically use the deleteVehicle command to get rid of multiple extra task state modules (for example if it can succeed, fail, or cancel and I don't want it doing all three as triggers are fired), but I don't know that I've ever tried it on the actual task itself. Might be worth a shot.