Sign in to follow this  
deepfried

xbox controller scaling wrong (still)

the xbox 360 control scheme has been broken since alpha. Still broken. Please fix it.

As it stands at the moment its not possible to fly with analogue collective on the 360 pad, it should be, as it worked just fine in ARMA 2.

Helicopter controls, Analogue collective, when bound to an analogue input on the 360 pad such as stick or triggers, correctly recognises full input values of 100 and -100, but in game that only translates to about half collective.  This should be a simple fix, its been outstanding for years, please fix it.  

the xbox 360 control scheme has been broken since alpha. Still broken. Please fix it.

As it stands at the moment its not possible to fly with analogue collective on the 360 pad, it should be, as it worked just fine in ARMA 2.

Helicopter controls, Analogue collective, when bound to an analogue input on the 360 pad such as stick or triggers, correctly recognises full input values of 100 and -100, but in game that only translates to about half collective.  This should be a simple fix, its been outstanding for years, please fix it.  

Have you logged it on the feedback tracker (https://feedback.bistudio.com/)?

I highly recommend pinnacle profiler if you are using an Xbox controller with arma.

I highly recommend pinnacle profiler if you are using an Xbox controller with arma.

Thanks for the suggestion, will it make ARMA 3 unable to recognise the controller as an xbox 360 controller? otherwise I don't think this can help.  ARMA 3 seems to be hard coded to scale full analogue input from the 360 controller as less than 100% collective. So I guess the only way round that is if ARMA doesn't see it as a 360 controller, then maybe I can configure it as a generic.

Have you logged it on the feedback tracker (https://feedback.bistudio.com/)?

I have now, but I have little faith they will fix it.  I'm pretty sure I raised this in alpha, and probably again in beta. The annoying thing is, this would probably take the right developer half an hour to fix.

Thanks for the suggestion, will it make ARMA 3 unable to recognise the controller as an xbox 360 controller? otherwise I don't think this can help.  ARMA 3 seems to be hard coded to scale full analogue input from the 360 controller as less than 100% collective. So I guess the only way round that is if ARMA doesn't see it as a 360 controller, then maybe I can configure it as a generic.

It works outside of Arma. So I completely do all settings in the profiler software... has full range of options for tweaking...

I have the 360 profile within arma disabled so Arma doesn't think it's there.

Otherwise it does weird stuff. I've used thus software for years and while most games are pretty much native arma remains the game I need it for. You can map all sensitivities as well as all buttons including Double presses and shift presses.

You can export the profile as well.

I believe it has a 30 day trial period so it may be worth a look. I can't play with m and keyboard anymore so it literally is the only way I can play because the controller support is not developed enough currently

BI has been unsupportive of controller users since the alpha. Xpadder is your best bet at 9.99, but pinnacle is good too. Go to controllers and select controllers with scheme and then assign your commands on both the xpadder as well as the configure tab in the game. 

Be patient as it's hard to get it right...trial and error is the only way and it sucks. Good luck!

BI has been unsupportive of controller users since the alpha. Xpadder is your best bet at 9.99, but pinnacle is good too. Go to controllers and select controllers with scheme and then assign your commands on both the xpadder as well as the configure tab in the game. 

Be patient as it's hard to get it right...trial and error is the only way and it sucks. Good luck!

So far as I can see xpadder just maps keyboard and mouse input to the controller, so how will that change the way arma scales analogue input? I can calibrate all day but as long as arma interprets 100% analogue input as 60% collective I don't see how anything but a fix on the arma side will help.