bludski

Arctic Circle map / project horde

Looks awesome! Any plans for a full Winter version for a truly hardcore Arctic feel?

• Like 1

Looks awesome! Any plans for a full Winter version for a truly hardcore Arctic feel?

only if you pay me :P .. having the entire thing covered in snow only makes sense in the winter. Map is set in summer. There are more than enough snowy areas.

• Like 1

This looks awesome! How many airports / bases will be on the map? 

currently there are 5.

currently there are 5.

Awesome - looking forward to implement Dynamic ArmA Airports on your map once released  B)

How many runways for the big one ? Taxi routes seperate (i.e., not like Altis Airbase where one runway is actually a taxi)?

Awesome - looking forward to implement Dynamic ArmA Airports on your map once released  B)

How many runways for the big one ? Taxi routes seperate (i.e., not like Altis Airbase where one runway is actually a taxi)?

Two. It appears in a few of the screens. They don't have ils code yet though.

I will be streaming some buldozer and TB work on the map for the next 6-8 hours. Come join me if you want to see how it is going!

https://youtu.be/zzl8i8ulOLg

had some difficulties in the end.. new url coming as soon as i start again... munchbreak now.

• Like 1

Just watched a little if the stream, nice!

I wish my Internet was better, was watching the buffer wheel more than anything :(

• Like 1

Just watched a little if the stream, nice!

I wish my Internet was better, was watching the buffer wheel more than anything :(

aww sorry to hear :(

When will it be possible to download an alpha?

Seeing as you're probably new to this forum, it's a bad habit asking developers when their stuff is ready. I understand that you're eager to play, but you'd have to wait a little bit longer. They'll announce when it's ready, in the meanwhile you can enjoy the YouTube videos made on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjcBVqafkYxBF-HvQEuhb_w

And even subscribe, to stay updated on all the progress being made. That way you'll now when any releases are nearby.

• Like 4

Seeing as you're probably new to this forum, it's a bad habit asking developers when their stuff is ready. I understand that you're eager to play, but you'd have to wait a little bit longer. They'll announce when it's ready, in the meanwhile you can enjoy the YouTube videos made on his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjcBVqafkYxBF-HvQEuhb_w

And even subscribe, to stay updated on all the progress being made. That way you'll now when any releases are nearby.

Ho okay, I see, thank you for the advice ^^"

• Like 1

Ho okay, I see, thank you for the advice ^^"

It's so... amazing o_o

When will it be possible to download an alpha?

Thank you.

Never unless you can contribute in some valuable capacity. Alpha will be invite only this winter. Beta will be public.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion. I am aware of those but I do not like the quality of the texturing. They don't look finished.

• Like 1

Looking awesome, can't wait to see how this terrain will be to play on. I really like the look of the mountainous terrain, keep it up!  

• Like 1

Realy amazing map big lol!!! good jod man, thank alot  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Yeah, after doing some light mountaineering on Tanoa, I'm actually looking forward to some crazy cliffs heheh

Will you be streaming again in the future?

• Like 1

For technical reasons, this project is now on hold. Likely forever. Some technical problems due to the particular nature of the map currently prevent any further progress. Nobody could have known or foreseen this particular issue as it has not been documented in the community before. This is not a complete loss however, as work has already been started on a new map from the same region. It will use all the suitable artwork from the previous map, as well as a lot of the object placement. I will be back with more details and reveal the new location soon. Personally I think the new one will be better but less varied and without the awesome coastline. Same size as Altis. 

The old region and the requirements in the actual terrain of it just isn't doable in any realistic scale using the development tools currently.

For technical reasons, this project is now on hold. Likely forever. Some technical problems due to the particular nature of the map currently prevent any further progress. Nobody could have known or foreseen this particular issue as it has not been documented in the community before. This is not a complete loss however, as work has already been started on a new map from the same region. It will use all the suitable artwork from the previous map, as well as a lot of the object placement. I will be back with more details and reveal the new location soon. Personally I think the new one will be better but less varied and without the awesome coastline. Same size as Altis. 

The old region and the requirements in the actual terrain of it just isn't doable in any realistic scale using the development tools currently.

Sad to hear but could you elaborate the issue you were running into? Might save people some time in the future :(

• Like 1

Sad to hear but could you elaborate the issue you were running into? Might save people some time in the future :(

As soon as we have exhausted every possibility.

In short, the map won't accept any more objects without crashing the packing sofware.

The new map will be much nicer though.

• Like 1

As soon as we have exhausted every possibility.

In short, the map won't accept any more objects without crashing the packing sofware.

The new map will be much nicer though.

How many objects were placed before the packing software crashed?