bludski

Arctic Circle map / project horde

Looking very good!!! If you need a tester hit me up ;)

• Like 1

Looking very good!!! If you need a tester hit me up ;)

I don't really, not yet at least, but I need some help with other things... Subs to my tube get access to the steam group with weekly builds though. If they want and ask for it :).

• Like 1

I don't really, not yet at least, but I need some help with other things... Subs to my tube get access to the steam group with weekly builds though. If they want and ask for it :).

Subbed :D

• Like 1

Been watching that mod for couple weeks now. I really like it. can't wait to fly through those canyons.

That airport looks interesting as well. Any chance for a daylight picture? Will we have propper runway numbers and taxiway signs? :) Too many great maps use just any numbers and forget about the runway/taxi lights.

Keep up the good work :)

• Like 2

pending Tanoa assets for remaining buildings and on foot detail level. (Please BI.....)

So it will require APEX, that is kind of a bummer, that will limit alot of people from using it :(

Been watching that mod for couple weeks now. I really like it. can't wait to fly through those canyons.

That airport looks interesting as well. Any chance for a daylight picture? Will we have propper runway numbers and taxiway signs? :) Too many great maps use just any numbers and forget about the runway/taxi lights.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks man. The runways currently don't have numbers because I am at the moment only using A2-3 assets. Rather none than wrong is my way of thinking in regards to map realism. As soon as I get into creating the assets for myself, they will have proper numbers and taxiway signs...

Planned custom objects are as follows in order of importance: Airport details and terminal building with gates and large hangars, bridges, nature/rocks/lakes/ponds.

Mainly being a pilot myself, those things are vital as my main motive for starting the map was to have such terrain for aerial ops.

The lighting on the run/taxiways as they are now are about 80% and the lighting indicates ILS active as AI would use them. (no airfields have ILS code yet) Green/red threshold and touchdown zone indicated by lights.

Also around here, we call those canyons fjords. They were designed by Slartibartfast and created using glacial ice. ;)

airport in overcast daylight:

Bn2ImKj.jpg

• Like 2

So it will require APEX, that is kind of a bummer, that will limit alot of people from using it :(

Well screw those cheap bastards! How dare they not buy such a reasonably priced dlc? </semijoke>

Honestly I can't consider them though... Why any serious player wouldn't have apex doesn't compute to me... That is like having A2 but no OA.

Currently it doesn't. Tanoa has a LOT of items I need that I'd rather not have to create again myself... No time!

Airport, street, tall buildings, a few plants and a lot of rocks will be taken from there to balance out the low detail a2 objects.

Also those incredibly sexy cranes and industrial objects.

I may create a cheapo version of the map at release time or one that has apex flagged as not needed even though it is so the map will at least load for people, though they won't see the tanoa buildings.

Some planes hanging out on the airport:

P546w4m.jpg

• Like 8

I may create a cheapo version of the map at release time or one that has apex flagged as not needed even though it is so the map will at least load for people, though they won't see the tanoa buildings.

Yeah something like that or two versions one with and one without APEX buildings, as this map would be really good for MilSim units, and ofcourse in most units not everyone has all DLC's.

But it is your decision, i will still play this map regardlesly :D

• Like 1

Yeah something like that or two versions one with and one without APEX buildings, as this map would be really good for MilSim units, and ofcourse in most units not everyone has all DLC's.

But it is your decision, i will still play this map regardlesly :D

They better have a really really good reason for this lunacy. I mean really good. Knowing a thing or two about what goes into creating a map, Tanoa is well worth the few monnies for dlc even if you hate the vtlols.

• Like 3

This is looking amazing. I really like how wide open and big the airfields look. Actually parking room for some of the bigger aircraft! Keep it up.

This is looking amazing. I really like how wide open and big the airfields look. Actually parking room for some of the bigger aircraft! Keep it up.

Thanks. The mil airfields will comfortably fit c5 and 747 etc. The civil ones in the mountains can take c17s if the pilots are good. Most of them were made during the cold war and design to hide cold war interceptors, fighters and c130s and hide them in the forests.

There are also enough clearings, fields and secret dirt runways for deployment.

Very nice looking screenshots so far :-)

Keep up this great project...

Where are these planes from? They are looking good..

Regards 

Chaser

Very nice looking screenshots so far :-)

Keep up this great project...

Where are these planes from? They are looking good..

Regards 

Chaser

the planes in the screenshots are rhs, civ jets mod(not supported anymore and only work as props) plus c17,

planes in this video are all USAF mod. My favourites currently. Nice cockpits and good flight models plus BIG cargo planes.

• Like 1

Any chance of closeups / infantry level screen shots? I really want to see how the forests and the urban look from a soldiers perspective, since that will be the most common one for an average session.

Also, will this use objects that require APEX?

Any chance of closeups / infantry level screen shots? I really want to see how the forests and the urban look from a soldiers perspective, since that will be the most common one for an average session.

Also, will this use objects that require APEX?

infantry level detail won't be a priority until basic nature is completed.. currently about 90% done with basic forests and 50% done with shoreline. 

Waiting eagerly for the tanoa assets to be decrypted..  all the ones that would fit a scandinavian setting will be used. When that happens. infantry level details will start to get made by our team.

At that point. tiny objects start to be added. fences, mailboxes and the likes. There are many almost completely detailed areas but I won't show any yet beside the airports.

Edit: In short. it won't be fully playable for anything but planes before in a month or two... depending largely on BI releasing the tanoa pbo..

Edit 2: I will post on foot video in a few days to show the clutter and prototype forest areas.... :)

Edit 3: Sheduled release to mod sites/workshop is next year in spring. closed alpha and public beta will happen between now and then. Active subs at my tube who can help out in ways i need, get access to weekly builds in a steam group.

• Like 4

Awesome :) Will this get get its own lore background , something like a fictive nordic Armaverse country for example ?

• Like 2

Ahh finally a really decent looking map :) I really have high hopes for this one & Taunus. I need a break from regular maps in the rotation, this... now this is something I really look forward to!

• Like 4

Awesome :) Will this get get its own lore background , something like a fictive nordic Armaverse country for example ?

Yes. it has a basic story behind everything, that sort of links the settlements and areas around the map. This also helps a lot in decorating the map. It goes like this in short:

Basically the country of Nordheim, bordering Norway, Finland and Russia has been independent on and off since before world war two. Once considered part of Scandinavia, the region has never been without conflict.

Internal turmoil started in the early 2000s when oil fields dried up and production largely halted. This caused the entire sector to fall into unemployment, causing collapse in every other industry that depended on it.

A handful of politicians including prime minister, investors and foreign nationals were killed in a bombing at a summit hosted by Bergheim Chamber of commerce. Nobody claimed responsibility. No links could be proven.

Martial law was enacted and never to officially end.

Being situated in a tactically important part of the north sea towards the arctic, it was protected by European defence agreements up until elections in the late 2010s, where a largely Russian favourable faction won office.

Large, previously protected deposits of rare earth minerals were sold off and extraction of these have been started by various large economic actors.

The armed forces were officially disbanded and ordered to surrender arms, but supposedly still maintain fairly high numbers of armed groups, as almost none would follow orders to turn in their weapons and nobody showed up to enforce it.

Due to constant sabotage and armed conflict around valuable installations, A large amount of little green men have been sent from the former superpower to the east, to stabilise the situation and keep the valuable resources flowing. Slowly working their way in from the east, they are met with tough opposition around every corner due to the hostile terrain and locals using it to their advantage.

That was a few months ago "today" and fighting still continues. An unknown navy is blocking off the coastline and sinking anything that moves on the coast without warning. This prevents little green men from getting supplies and assistance from their little blue equivalents.

A large NATO force is staging exercises along the Norwegian border to the south south-east and Finnish special forces, reportedly have set up operations and are monitoring the humanitarian situation in the east. 

These things appear on the map as consequence of the above:

Some of the infrastructure is destroyed. (all the tunnels obviously because reasons) Some bridges remain. Some installations and a couple of towns have been burned to the ground.

Capital city of Bergheim and most of the surrounding area still has power and so does a lot of other areas, as the country is exclusively powered by renewable energy, sourced locally. There is at least one powerplant in every arm of every fjord and there are wind turbines and wave power plants on the coast. (this is authentic)

The coastline and border with Russia is scattered with fragments of the atlantic wall, contructed in wwII and some of them have seen use recently.

Also, the colours and tone of the map will be as closely matched RHS-AFRF as possible and the map is being designed to gain as much functionality of them as possible. 

• Like 4

This sounds great...I am a big fan of these fictive armaverse countries/maps :) Beside RHS units this will be a nice playground for the British Commandos :)

• Like 2

Big airport needs big terminal. (Work in progress!)

http://imgur.com/a/5baKd

ATC is not final and probably won't be in that position when it is.. Just haven't modelled the base of it completely yet.

• Like 10