Imported the An-12 from the "Free Planes" A2 pack by Mukcep.  For CUP factions (of course)

Edit to include - the An-12 is roughly analogous to the C-130.  So think "Russian-built C-130" and you're pretty close :)

Added a few features starting with THREE distinct models.  While there is a TON of different versions, the 3 main versions I have included are:

1.  An-12B "standard" cargo transport model.  For both CIV and MIL.  No countermeasures, radar, or weapons
  2.  An-12BK "military" transport model.  Only for MIL factions.  Flare countermeasures and radar.
  3.  An-12BP "military" transport model.  Only for MIL factions.  Flares, radar, and tail gunner.
  •  - "Jump" script with working lights, automatic ejection of cargo soldiers
  •  - Working rear gunner seat on "-BP" model
  •  - Random skin textures based on faction and class.  Russian AF skins, "Rest-of-World" AF skins, CIV skins, UN skin
  •  - Flares and radar missile warning on military models

Download here:  https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!31890&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

An12.jpg An12jumplight.jpg an12random.jpg

an12_BP.jpg An12flares.jpg

Requires CUP!

Changelog:

- v1.1:  6/1/2016:  Reduced "shiny" texture effect

• Like 11

Awesome :) Will this be added to CUP in the future or will this stay a standalone release?

Looks good, though just wondering; what's the difference between this An-12 and [Dust]Sabre's?

Well, since I haven't downloaded and played with Sabre's I can't really say what is different. 

Besides, it isn't a competition!  ;)

Edit to add... I built this with a specific goal in mind and that is for MP play for the OPFOR to have a valid resupply plane appropriate for the missions.  A C-130 sized plane like the An-12 fits this perfectly, unlike the HUGE cargo planes like the An-225... and the few things right now like the An-2 just don't work too well for MP OPFOR resupply

• Like 1

No "I found a problem" feedback... usually that is the first things to get posted in my addons :)

OK after playing around in editor some more, it sounds like the engine noises vary too much in pitch.  The "loaded" sounds of the engine getting lower is nice, but when the engine "rev" sounds increase the pitch, it gets way too high in pitch.  I would like it to vary much less in pitch but have no idea how that works.

Also the shiny paint reflection is simply not pretty.  That needs a serious amount of shine reduction.

So there are a few things to tweak... I will try to play with the shine some more.

• Like 1

I believe I fixed the "shiny" thing.  The SMDI texture was wrong.  Fixed, uploaded update to same location in first post!

I take it you need a FAP version?  :)

I remember there was an awesome AN-225 mod way back in the beta days which was awesome. I wish the dude that made that stuck around.

Well, since I haven't downloaded and played with Sabre's I can't really say what is different. 

Besides, it isn't a competition!  ;)

Edit to add... I built this with a specific goal in mind and that is for MP play for the OPFOR to have a valid resupply plane appropriate for the missions.  A C-130 sized plane like the An-12 fits this perfectly, unlike the HUGE cargo planes like the An-225... and the few things right now like the An-2 just don't work too well for MP OPFOR resupply

Okay, thanks for the reply :) I'm just one of those damned perfectionists, so if there are two mods that accomplish the same thing I evaluate them both then go with the better one.

I agree, in the fixed-wing transport department OPFOR is a no-show, and BLUFOR is totally spoiled. The An-2 makes no sense to me as a modern military transport, so I don't use it. Now excuse me while I parachute a VDV platoon from an An-12 ;)

I agree, in the fixed-wing transport department OPFOR is a no-show, and BLUFOR is totally spoiled.

arma3modding.txt really in a variety of community-made game asset categories.

Okay, thanks for the reply :) I'm just one of those damned perfectionists, so if there are two mods that accomplish the same thing I evaluate them both then go with the better one.

Hrm that's a dismal view of how to go with mods.  Each mod has something to offer so "going with the best" pretty much eliminates a huge part of mod enjoyment that you will miss out on.  But to each their own.  As I have said before, there is no competition going on here.  I am 100% certain that Sabre's is better than mine, so by your statement, you should use his instead of mine.

Hrm that's a dismal view of how to go with mods.  Each mod has something to offer so "going with the best" pretty much eliminates a huge part of mod enjoyment that you will miss out on.  But to each their own.  As I have said before, there is no competition going on here.  I am 100% certain that Sabre's is better than mine, so by your statement, you should use his instead of mine.

I would not choose one mod over another if it brought unique content to the table, but if two mods are bringing the same product to the game then I go with the better product.

wow dude you're missing my point - nvm   LOL

I take it you need a FAP version?  :)

:puppyeyes:

:puppyeyes:

So what would I need to reference for the rear gunner turret?  Currently sourcing the parent CUP Zu23 cannon.  Do you have any FAP 23mm cannons?  I'm going to try to make the FAP pack as the only pre-req for the FAP version :)

How does this jump script work?  

All the passengers must have a parachute equipped. Click the jump script and wait 20 seconds 

Is there a way to invoke the jump script in the editor, so as to make a mass tactical assault from numerous aricraft?

Los

• Like 2

Would the aircraft still fly if I'm not using CUP Vehicles or Weapons? I don't need any other features than the ability to fly from point A to B. Having infantry aboard would be a "nice to have." My community is trying to keep our list of mod requirements small.