Wiki

Workshop download twice

Hi there.

I've noticed that, when I subscribe to a mod on the workshop, it creates a folder as usual (@Folder) in my ArmA 3 folder.

That's ok.

But also, on the workshop folder, it also creates a folder with the files, but this time it's just something with numbers (folder named 1641546 for example) and it also contains the files of the subscribed object.

For example, for CUP, I got it twice:

@CUP in the ArmA 3 folder and 1641546 in the workshop folder.

First, the 1641546 folder is useless, but it also takes space on my hard drive.

How can I do not to have that in double?

Thanks

Is your game updated to 1.60? Because it fixed the duplicate mod issue. You shouldn't see any more @xxxx folders in your Arma directory.

Ok, thx for the tip :)

Ok, but now, how do I do if I want to launch a workshop mod and a non workshop mod (@Folder) together?

With the launcher, the @Folder doesn't exist and with the game menu / addon, the workshop addon don't show up (only the @Folder).

Thanks

Wow thanks! /irony off

Updated our arma3sync repository, so the name of every addon fits with the actual at steam workshop so players dont have to have addons twice on their drive.

Today: If you subscribe to e.g. Cup Terrains Core and you have this in your arma 3 installation directory - feel free to download it again!

After launching ArmA3Launcher I have to download every mod again! THANK YOU

http://puu.sh/pcerw/8ffb9c9000.png

This Update made ArmA 3 Steam Workshop useless for me! Please revert this!

Hello,

the useless folders are result is created by Steam and since the yesteray's update 1.60 it's the only copy we'll maintain, because they can't be renamed or removed as long as you have the mod subscribed. The @modFolder created by Launcher in Arma 3 directory are removed and only the Steam copy will be used from now on.

Hello, It seems a better explanation is necessary. It's a little bit garbled with Steam downloaded addons, local addons, mod storage, watched folders, arma folder... and some other  1641546 i don't know where.

Thanks