Mynock

Error "'author/' is not a value"

Seems to me the easiest fix would be for BIS to accept both types as acceptable. I guess it's possible they have some future plan that involves the necessity for a string, but they could code in some string convert error capture I guess.

• Like 1

Changelog today, thank you BIS! Cannot test yet, so does that mean we get rid of said error message?

• Added: Support for addons with author defined as array in the missing addons screen
  • Like 2

Changelog today, thank you BIS! Cannot test yet, so does that mean we get rid of said error message?

• Added: Support for addons with author defined as array in the missing addons screen
Oh thank goodness. Or at least I hope it means what I think it means.

Thanks for hearing our cries BIS!

of course after i fixed dozens of cfgs... good to know!

Was this a development or release client update? I didn't receive a stable branch update today. I don't use the other two.

of course after i fixed dozens of cfgs... good to know!

Haha, yeah I fixed my mods, but no benefit because I load many mods and still got the error message.

Was this a development or release client update? I didn't receive a stable branch update today. I don't use the other two.

Dev branch

Cool. Good to know it's coming as a fix. I can wait until July for it to be fixed.

• Like 1

YUP, it's back, but I'm now on the stable branch.

I have only been back a short while so I have been very selective and slow on adding my mods, I have all of the CUPS material terrains, weapons and such. I think they did a great job too. But I think this stupid error interacts with their stuff too. 

Problem exists on my side as well. How I can determine which mod is causing that error to show? I probably might be able to fix the files myself but I don't know where to start.

Probably it's in many mods. My mods are causing it as well. Because I fixed it, but didn't upload, then it wasn't necessary any more and I didnt feel like pushing an update only because of this...

I wouldn't fix all mods (can only be tested one by one). Better wait for BIS or complain @ BIS. They definitely added compatibility code in dev branch and fixed it, but it returned,,,

I'll mention it in dev branch thread again, maybe it helps and gets their attention.

• Like 2

I really would like to see this issue finally put to bed (so to speak) as well. I just bought Arma 3 Apex about a month ago and I'm using some older mods that are no longer updated. I'd try to fix them all myself but, to tell the truth, am not really sure how. It does seem to break missions if I try to insert gear or weapons into a mission file, to which I'm rather new too as well. Missions that have the Virtual Arsenal option don't seem to work with BIS's new code as well. Just pretty frustrating. If there's anywhere to add my voice for fixing, or returning to the old version of this script then please let me know.