Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Is there a demonstration of the new CCIP and target pod features?

I would love to see a video demonstrating it.

You'll see a thin crosshair below your view (generally) and that's where your bomb or rounds will hit.

I would love to see a video demonstrating it.

Absolutely.

Tutorials are life.

Without them only the hardcore gamers are willing to spend hours messing about until they understand how it works.

Most casuals will walk on if they can't resolve it within minutes. So filthy ;)

Absolutely.

Tutorials are life.

Without them only the hardcore gamers are willing to spend hours messing about until they understand how it works.

Most casuals will walk on if they can't resolve it within minutes. So filthy ;)

I'm 30 years old and have played the series since OFP... It's a feature I know little about though, and I have no issue with learning from others who are more competent at that particular area, as I'm mainly infantry focused myself. My knowlege of the real life counterparts are very lacking, and if I have understood the target pod feature correctly, it requires a copilot? 

I'm 30 years old and have played the series since OFP... It's a feature I know little about though, and I have no issue with learning from others who are more competent at that particular area, as I'm mainly infantry focused myself. My knowlege of the real life counterparts are very lacking, and if I have understood the target pod feature correctly, it requires a copilot? 

There really isn't much at all to learn. It's just one new symbol on the HUD, which shows where your rounds will hit if you fire.

Target pod is operated by the pilot. It's a camera you can look around with, similar to UAV gunner cam.

This is my first test with the feature from a month ago:

(Red sectors are just objects I placed in the editor, not related to the system.)

Its by default Left Ctrl Secondary mouse to get into the pod.

Is it me or is it only for spotting and cant do any actual designation? Would love to be able to laze targets for my own aircraft.

• Like 1

(Red sectors are just objects I placed in the editor, not related to the system.)

I was gonna say!  It's really poor planning and security for someone to highlight their high value targets with what is essentially a giant bullseye visible from space! :)

• Like 2

I was gonna say! It's really poor planning and security for someone to highlight their high value targets with what is essentially a giant bullseye visible from space! :)

Isn't that a killstreak in the next COD? ;)

There really isn't much at all to learn. It's just one new symbol on the HUD, which shows where your rounds will hit if you fire.

Target pod is operated by the pilot. It's a camera you can look around with, similar to UAV gunner cam.

Thanks! I was hoping that you could fix the camera on a target so that it would stay on it, and I confused CCIP with that. I had a feeling that I was wrong.

From your video, I take it it's not possible to fix the camera then?

Just to be sure, I mean like this:

https://youtu.be/-hbv-GTRniI?t=60

The targeting pod cannot designate, but you can have it track a spot on the ground with the same key as in UAV. When in tracking mode the cursor will snap to certain targets like vehicles.

• Like 1