Tethlah

requires addon "A3_..." after 1.6 update

I have a bunch of addons that are saying they can't find these A3_ addons.  But aren't they just part of the Arma 3 installation?

19:13:03 Warning Message: Addon 'A3L_ObjectsOnSteroids' requires addon 'A3_Soft_F_Truck'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'asdg_jointrails_dmr01' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_EPA_LongRangeRifles_DMR_01'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'asdg_jointrails_ebr' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_EBR'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'asdg_jointrails_pdw2k' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_Pistols_PDW2000'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'asdg_jointrails_kriss' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_Rifles_Vector'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'asdg_jointrails_evo' requires addon 'a3_weapons_f_rifles_SMG_02'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'asdg_jointrails_xebr' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_EBR'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'cg_chairaccs' requires addon 'A3_Soft_F_Gamma_Offroad'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'JaKdo_AUT_SF_Headgear' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_Headgear'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'JaKdo_AUT_SF_Units' requires addon 'A3_Characters_F_INDEP'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'Saku_Keys_UI' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_EBR'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'task_force_radio_items' requires addon 'A3_Weapons_F_ItemHolders'
19:13:05 Warning Message: Addon 'cba_diagnostic' requires addon '3DEN'

Why wouldn't they be able to find those, I thought they were classes built into Arma 3?  Yes, I have run the update as admin, verified files, etc.  I can't figure out why these won't load.

Have you tried just running the game totally vanilla? Becasue you seem to have asdg joint rails running-which means you probably have CBA running too.Try vanilla and see what happens

duh, the problem is with something they did with their updates that's causing issues with the addons....  I don't want to run a vanilla server.

turns out it's because of changes in cfgpjatches.  As usual, BIS changing the names of stuff that doens't need to be changed.

duh, the problem is with something they did with their updates that's causing issues with the addons....  I don't want to run a vanilla server.

turns out it's because of changes in cfgpjatches.  As usual, BIS changing the names of stuff that doens't need to be changed.

Okay...there is no need to be rude to people taking time to help you-running something vanilla is a standard thing to see what is causing the issue.

But fine.Good luck now.

• Like 1

After each update I always verify my Cache run a game in vanilla then update my server and run IT in vanilla as well just to be sure everything is the way it is supposed to be..then I add mods back in and run Modded..learned this along time ago it saves a lot of hassle when you are sure the Vanilla game is running correctly.

Diesel

It is probably an issue with how 1.6 loads mods from steam cache files now instead of the arma 3 root.