Sign in to follow this  
majorexperimental

Old mission fail to load after game update

[EDIT: Problem solved - look at post from 2016-06-02]
After the update today my earlier missions do not load; the game says "it's dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted" and the show a list (see below) of very standard stuff as civil cars, standard trucks, the quad bike and more; no mod stuff at all: Please say it's an update error that will be corrected!  :wub:

List of stuff that's missing or changed names....
A3_Armor_F_Panther
A3_Soft_F_TruckHeavy
A3_Soft_F_Quadbike
a3_soft_f_beta_quadbike
A3_Soft_F_HEMITT
A3_Air_F_Gamma_UAV_01
A3_Armor_F_Slammer
A3_Armor_F_T100K
A3_Armor_F_APC_Wheeled_03
A3_Soft_F_Truck
a3_soft_f_gamma_offroad
A3_Soft_F_Gamma_Hemmit
a3_uav_f_characters_f_gamma
A3_Soft_F_Gamma_TruckHeavy
A3_Soft_F_Crusher_UGV
A3_Soft_F_SUV
A3_Boat_F_Civilian_Boat
A3_Boat_F_Trawler
A3_SoftF_Car
A3_StaticF_Gamma_AA
A3_Armor_F_AMW
A3_Characters_F_INDEP

listen that how i was mod my arma life i take my old mission.sqm them i go to eden editor lod my mission.sqm there then i mark all the npc markers everything copy that and then dont save nting and open new clean map without noting clen and past everthing fix it on the place back all the map then save it then opy the new mission.sqm to your file filder root in the mpmission and then start the server and then everthing will work you can mod on the new eden editor and do whatever you want without problems..

sorry on my bad eneglish if you need more help or i can talk with you in voice you can ubderstand more come to my ts and poke me i will say to you everthing... ts:176.9.77.12

I tried with reloading the update but the same error...

I guess the names have been changed.... so I guess I have to go into the text file of mission.sqf and change manually to the new ones after investigated what the new names are... This seems to be hard at some points since some names are hard to recognize what they represent and also some seems to be missing for example the Trawler... Is that totally?

Or are all this temporary messed up of the latest update?

whats about VI-Ron's workaround with copying all stuff from ur mission inside the editor and paste it in a new, clean mission, then saving that mission and copying this new mission.sqm to ur origin old mission folder?

whats about VI-Ron's workaround with copying all stuff from ur mission inside the editor and paste it in a new, clean mission, then saving that mission and copying this new mission.sqm to ur origin old mission folder?

The mission dont load in any editor....

(Sorry VI-Ron for not replied on your answers earlier)

I wish they would post name of class changes  with release of updates.. ( it can be frustrating ).

I tested to add about the same stuff that produced the error above on a fresh mission and the had a look on the mission-file and the names are actually changed:

"A3_Characters_F",

"A3_Soft_F_Beta_Truck_01",

"A3_Armor_F_Beta_APC_Tracked_01",

"A3_Soft_F_MRAP_01",

"A3_Soft_F_Quadbike_01",

"A3_Drones_F_Air_F_Gamma_UAV_02",

"A3_Armor_F_EPC_MBT_01",

"A3_Armor_F_Gamma_MBT_02",

"A3_Armor_F_Beta_APC_Wheeled_01",

"A3_Soft_F_Gamma_Van_01",

"A3_Soft_F_Offroad_01",

"A3_Soft_F_Gamma_SUV_01",

"A3_Boat_F_Gamma_Boat_Civil_01",

"A3_Static_F_AA_01",

"A3_Armor_F_Gamma_APC_Wheeled_03",

What this mean I dont know. Perhaps Arma is supposed to "translate" old names to new when they change names? Above that - some stuff in the missing stuff list I dont know what it is.

Is the solution still some kind reinstall? Exactly what to method reinstall I still dont know; use the windows listing of all programmes installed on the computer and take from there or from inside Steam and the use the fintion "delete Local Content (does that delete the game or user created content?)"? Something else?

I worked on it the day before. Totally fresh.

And you're 100% sure you haven't been in a coma for the last 3 years? :)

I noticed that you can add "ArmA 3" as a mod in the ArmA Laucher and when you do vanilla items are marked with a "mod" icon in Eden.  Maybe that happened?  Try adding ArmA3 as a mod in the launcher and try the mission?

I just wanna say that the problem is solved! Solution: First; "delete local content"-command wasn't enough, I also had to delete the Arma 3 folder (SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3) manually to get rid of old messed up files. After that when opening up my missions i still got "missing files" message but only two lines:

aia_misc3_config

aia_misc_e_config

After removing those lines from the missions-files everything worked fine.I think my problem was quite unusual but perhaps someone will get a bit wiser too by telling what did the trick for me.

• Like 1

I just wanna say that the problem is solved! Solution: First; "delete local content"-command wasn't enough, I also had to delete the Arma 3 folder (SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3) manually to get rid of old messed up files. After that when opening up my missions i still got "missing files" message but only two lines:
aia_misc3_config
aia_misc_e_config
After removing those lines from the missions-files everything worked fine.I think my problem was quite unusual but perhaps someone will get a bit wiser too by telling what did the trick for me.

My Arma 3 folder is 36 gig. It is full of mods - including mods that is required to import old missions. Therefore, it only going to cause further problem if I delete the folder. The ONLY error I get when I try to import the mission is: A3_Soft_F_TruckHeavy

I have about 100 missions that I have created over a period of three years.