Sign in to follow this  
Sweedn

Mod issues with 1.60

Hello, since the 1.60 update, my clan and I have some trouble starting our clients/servers mods.

Let me explain:

- First, some of us can use their mods (weapons, vehicles showing up in Virtual arsenal etc...) while some other can't see mods content. Game just shows vanilla items.
We tried to change load orders, no results.
- Second, all the icons of mods in the main menu doesn't show up, only puzzle icons.

- Third and last, I read the earlier post about new Steam workshop files and folder structures seems to had changes. We need to check every single mod which was on arma 3 folder root ?

Thank you for answers.

edit: mods from workshop seems to work indeed. but local mods don't (lauched via original launcher or Arma3sync, still no changes).

possible solution ?

Okay so we maybe figured out something. 

We moved our mods folders on different place, and it seems to work...
It's easy but weird. We just moved modsfolders.

edit: You should avoid having multiples folder for your mods in root.
Before I had

arma3folder\ONEFOLDER\ANOTHERFOLDER\@CUP_units

You should try

arma3folder\ONEFOLDER\@CUP_units

Or even move it on desktop, another drive... Just move it.

• Like 1

I'm not able to start a new topic for some reason, but to add to what you said. This update broke a few things for me also. I'm having gamma issues and missing large patches of ground covering, grass, weeds..ect. It's one thing after another.

Between Steam and everything else, I'm about to retire this game and move on. It's been a wonderful 15 years up till now.

SPOTREP #00056
Game Update 1.60 (Visual Upgrade)

-- Computer --

Motherboard: GIGABYTE  Socket 775 - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6)
Memory: 4 GB Corsair XMS
Sound: HD audio from chipset
Video: nVidia-GTX-660 (drivers 335.23)
PSU: Antec-750 TruePower
Hard Drives: 4 SATA 7200

i.e. the mods they are now stored in your steam cache not in the folder you told it before (there is another threath somewhere where BIS_Wizard explains that)

i.e. the mods they are now stored in your steam cache not in the folder you told it before (there is another threath somewhere where BIS_Wizard explains that)

AFAIK, this is only true for mods coming from the workshop. Some people can't activate mods downloaded and installed the old way.

Sure, here is the rpt :
http://pastebin.com/VrDZx2Z2

Here an other, from a user in my clan. He have the same issues.

http://pastebin.com/h4GYx5h0

Game was launched with 4 mods in first RPT :

- CUP_Weapons (1.6)

- CUP_Units (1.3.1)

- CUP_Vehicles (1.3)

- CBA (2.3.1)

ps: new version of RHS mods seems to have no issues, but previous versions are "content-less" as well. Modmakers did some changes with 1.60 RC maybe ?

I'm not able to start a new topic for some reason, but to add to what you said. This update broke a few things for me also. I'm having gamma issues and missing large patches of ground covering, grass, weeds..ect. It's one thing after another.

Verify your game cache. If the islands affected by your issues are default islands (i.e. Altis and/or Stratis) its an issue for BI to resolve. If its an island added by an addon then contact the mod author. Giving up on the game because its had an update that has broken a few things seems a little short-sighted...

• Like 1

Verify your game cache. If the islands affected by your issues are default islands (i.e. Altis and/or Stratis) its an issue for BI to resolve. If its an island added by an addon then contact the mod author. Giving up on the game because its had an update that has broken a few things seems a little short-sighted...

Already done 4 times. Yes maybe it's an modmaker thing...

Give mod makers the time to fix their stuff, if you get the error:

author\ is not a value

It's because they changed the CfgPatches config, author token was an array before and has been changed to a string, hence why you get the error and your shit doesn't load.

It's in the changelog:

More infos here CfgPatches

EDIT: Not totally sure if its related after further testing...

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer.

Sadly we, in our clan, uses the same mods. Some have no problems, others do... If everyone had the same issues we could be certain

Okay so we maybe figured out something. 

We moved our mods folders on different place, and it seems to work...
It's easy but weird. We just moved modsfolders.

edit: You should avoid having multiples folder for your mods in root.
Before I had

arma3folder\ONEFOLDER\ANOTHERFOLDER\@CUP_units

You should try

arma3folder\ONEFOLDER\@CUP_units

Or even move it on desktop, another drive... Just move it.

This update seems to break ACE+ Unsung mod with helo .I can`t use anything in ACE.

I can't believe what BIS did with 1.60... awaiting official solution on how to fix islands...

• Like 1

JSRS Dragonfyre doesnt seem to be working anymore on ahoyworld mp server. Oh and i seem to be getting square patches on the terrain.

• Like 1

I did that also. That's what the SPOTREP #00056 said to do anyway. I'm going to try updating my video card drivers. It could have something to do with this new shader

EDIT:

I just updated to the latest v368.22 nVidia drivers for my GTX-660, preforming a clean install, uninstalling everything, restarting, then installing the new drivers using the clean install option. IT did not fix the issues. All my other programs are working great, 3dsMax, Skyrim..ect

Take a look at this screenshot to see my issue.

http://www.pyramid-of-wisdom.com/arma_update_00056_issue.jpg

I can't believe what BIS did with 1.60... awaiting official solution on how to fix islands...

I second that - I've changed my Gorgona config to match Stratis 1.60, which has got me my sky back, but my dirt roads and forest floors are odd shades now (roads too dark, forest floor textures washed out) when compared to the same in Stratis 1.60. 

EDIT2

This is both interesting, and a major disappointment:

I just checked all the built-in Islands that come with ArmA 3, there is nothing wrong with them. They look beautiful.  Unfortunately, all the add-on islands that were imported into the game are not even playable from the horrendous display. That includes Chernorus and all the other popular imports. I'm guessing that BIS has special textures that adapt to this new shader. Sadly, all the add-on island developers will need to some how fixed their textures. I understand BIS has an interest to make their game look as good as possible, which is great and all. But then they should give people some kind of control handle to disable that feature for older imported islands.

So basically all the hundreds of community islands are not even visually playable. The forests in Chernorus are so dark you almost can't see the bark on the trees. The trees are almost black, and the day sky is very dark purple, and the distance is being trucked / cut off.

EDIT2

This is both interesting, and a major disappointment:

I just checked all the built-in Islands that come with ArmA 3, there is nothing wrong with them. They look beautiful.  Unfortunately, all the add-on islands that were imported into the game are not even playable from the horrendous display. That includes Chernorus and all the other popular imports. I'm guessing that BIS has special textures that adapt to this new shader. Sadly, all the add-on island developers will need to some how fixed their textures. I understand BIS has an interest to make their game look as good as possible, which is great and all. But then they should give people some kind of control handle to disable that feature for older imported islands.

So basically all the hundreds of community islands are not even visually playable. The forests in Chernorus are so dark you almost can't see the bark on the trees. The trees are almost black, and the day sky is very dark purple, and the distance is being trucked / cut off.

This has been known for a long time though. 

That's why the had the changes on the dev branch, so that people could test these things. The CUP team had their update all ready to go and on steam within hours of the update going live.

Sometimes when changes are made to the game they affect mods, that's not unusual. But it's not like people didn't have plenty of warning about what was happening

• Like 2

This has been known for a long time though. 

That's why the had the changes on the dev branch, so that people could test these things. The CUP team had their update all ready to go and on steam within hours of the update going live.

Sometimes when changes are made to the game they affect mods, that's not unusual. But it's not like people didn't have plenty of warning about what was happening

@the1krisrob

So the team had their updates all ready? I guess they didn't work ha.

Let me help you with the logic here.

When you develop a game that is heavily mod based like ArmA (As advertised) You don't just decide to do a major overhaul on the display system and break all the mods that people spent countless hours working on. These are changes that should have been implemented at the beginning.  This is what happens when you rush a game for release. That's the kind of thing that will kill a title. I've been alive 41 years and I've seen some of the greatest games fall into extinction because of stupid changes like this. It's a little late in the game to start playing with new shaders.

@Sweedn

The mods folder should have nothing to do with this. I have my mods in the root of the main game folder.

Never ceases to amaze me at the complaints after each update..mostly complaints about Mods not being updated..the Mod makers do the Mods on their own time..they don't get paid for them the don't make a living with them..they do them because they love the game. people complain about the Mods hours after the updates..like they expect the Mod makers to be sitting there waiting to quick fix their content. Yes they had availibilty of the RC Branch..but most Mod makers are just 1 person or maybe a couple people..some Mod makers like CUP I assume may have a team that works on their Mods. Some Mods will update faster than others..its been going on this way since OFP and Armed Assault,you would think by now people would know what it takes to actually make a Mod and instead of complaining the Mods weren't updated instantly just be thankful to the Mod makers that they are making the Mods for us..FREE OF CHARGE... Don't like the Updates and the way BI is doing things..then don't play the game..pretty simple.

Sorry but I get so tired of seeing Post after Post people bashing Mod makers or BI after each update.

Maybe its just me but Ive been playing since Operation Flashppoint and through the years the game has gotten bigger and better each time,there is always progress you just have to be patient.

Diesel

• Like 3

some changes on the mod side is/was expected. surely more info could have been provided and documented ahead of time, but that's a different discussion. most mods that are still upkeeped and in constant development preped for it, or are in the process of tweaking and adapting stuff to fit the changes.

Yes, it means more work, but i'd take this continuous support over no support any given day.

also a bit weird that most that are complaining are the users of these mods and not the mod makers...

• Like 5

Hundred percent according to diesel tech jc and the1krisrob words!!!

I so tired of this toxic people that complain and demands like babies with a broken toy.  The mod community are great! and with time the mods will adapt to the 1.60 update.  In the meantime... play other games, try the new things of 1.60 in Altis and Stratis Maps or get out and take a breathe and see people in real live!  When come back surely the amazing modders have some news!

• Like 1

Considering the scope of some of the changes it is to be expected...

It's called a lighting overhaul not a lighting tweak..

It would be great if people didn't climb up to the roof and threaten to jump on day one and give everyone time to update stuff or come up with a fix...

Bigger the update = more mods need to fixed

Tbh I'm just glad we finally moved past the font ;)

• Like 2

You know what's great about being from a free country? When people are too stupid to comprehend a simple point, and at the end the day when things don't work the way they should, the only problem I have to deal with is the weight of my wallet when the money isn't spent.

• Like 1

I agree those stupid people should keep their money. But, what are the chances of that happening.

Things will get fixed. It hasn't happened yet inside the what, half a week since update, but maybe time to kick back & enjoy what does work instead of focusing on the (mostly minor) stuff that does not. Within a month all this will be old news & things will be mostly settled.

All IMO natch.