Tankbuster

launcher doesnt store mods where i told it to

Then you will be pleased by the update of Launcher that will hit the dev-branch today  :icon_twisted:  // wizclaimer + bisclaimer: we still advise against modifying or deleting files in Steam cache  :ph34r: 

Cool :)

Any comments about "exclude" folder from "watch list"?

Then you will be pleased by the update of Launcher that will hit the dev-branch today  :icon_twisted:  // wizclaimer + bisclaimer: we still advise against modifying or deleting files in Steam cache  :ph34r: 

@BIS_Wizard, is there any discussion of a configuration launcher for the server side which can subscribe to workshop mods?

It was just a suggestion! I use the launcher and run client, server and headless all from same PC.

I also have another PC which I use sometimes with dedi setup. 

What about a torrent based solution. Torrent Site dedicated to arma mods and use rss feeds to auto update.

Imagine the disappointment for all people who don't speak English very well, trying to follow what BI has on mind!

Every version comes with many weird changes, not explained in SitRep or else. I guess there are some good reasons... not sure to understand them.

Just what I would like:

- (Steam or Arma) Launcher allows me to choose a folder in "mod storage". I want to see all my mods here and, by the way, make room on my crowded SSD. Today, mod storage contains all (local) mods but Steam subscribed ones! It's mad!

- (Steam or Arma) Launcher scouts for the "watched folders". On my mind, there is absolutely no reason to have any mod in any other folders (hidden, numbered or else)!

- (Steam or Arma) Launcher keeps my Steam subscribed addon updated. It's fine! And detects if local addons have changed; It' great! Nothing more here.

It's just simple, clear and fundamental. I'd like to be the manager of my disks spaces.

And same consideration for all missions, campaigns, scenarios,showcases,... I can't list all the folders coming along with SP, MP, editor, saved, user saved, Arma's, other profile,... and their "crossovers"  + duplications. If only, they could be cleaned up in a chosen folder... No, you have to browse all your disks in all the recesses, even hidden. What for?

• Like 1

as user 'mind' already pointed out, moving the the workshop folder to whatever disk/partition and 'symbolic linking' this to your arma 3 installation seems the way to go here when ssd space is concerned. Steam sees the workshop folder as if it was located inside the arma 3 installation. There is a small tool that makes this really easy up on github. Works well for me.

https://github.com/amd989/Symlinker

Mods show up twice in the launcher though. Why is that again? This obciously does not help with the numeric naming of mods. Additionally, why are some mods displayed under steams numeric name and others retain the authors name (i am not talking about legacy mods here)?

Mods show up twice in the launcher though. Why is that again? This obciously does not help with the numeric naming of mods. Additionally, why are some mods displayed under steams numeric name and others retain the authors name (i am not talking about legacy mods here)?

I'm not seeing mods showing twice and haven't done for ages.