alganthe

[MP][COOP-60] Co-ops

Co-ops_logo.png

Co-ops.svg Co-ops.svg documentation-click%20here-red.svg

Click on the release button above for the downloads or check the dropbox mirrors below:

Altis: CLICK HERE

Tanoa: CLICK HERE

Make sure to check the documentation!

Co-ops is a cooperative mission (see what I did there?) based on teamplay and is objective base.

Features:

- A custom revive system
                                                     - A custom vehicle handler
                                                     - A custom set of functions to limit equipment
                                                     - Easy to install
                                                     - Highly customizable
                                                     - Automatic AO generation using towns, cities and villages already present on the map
                                                     - 6 different types of side missions
                                                     - Easy to port to other maps
                                                     - Made with performance in mind

• Like 4

These configurations you should still with insert:

• Day Duration                ( "4", "6", "8", "12", "14", "16", "20")

• Shorter Nights             ( Enabled / Disabled)

• Weather                        ( "Always sunny", "Random without rain", "Random"  )   

• Revive                          ( "Only medics can revive", "Everyone can revive", "Everyone can revive using a MedKit", "Disabled" )

• Civilians                       ( Enabled / Disabled)

This is a great tough mission. My player base is loving it.

Running on a dediated server on a spare pc. It runs great.

But phew can those AI vehicles see me coming. Sniped with ifrit hmg from 950m every time.

Feel free to edit the AI precision via mission parameters :P

Hi excellent mission but we have a bug on Tanoa it comes up with error that it cant find any buildings in the AO to populate, what classnames are you using do they need updating?

The mission autodetect buildings, which version of the mission, and which AO was it? it's possible that a location doesn't have buildings with interiors.

was just curious, does this use the new built in BIS Respawn Menu by chance?

**Edit, nevermind...I see it does use it but it's broken after resuming a saved game.

Has anyone tried to see if the respawn menu is fixed yet in the Dev Branch? I've mentioned this to BIS in a couple places on the forums here but they never respond about it.

Hosted this mission today on our server and it went down pretty well.  The only thing i would really want to change is the Halo parameters.  Sometimes you can Halo in, sometimes you cant because of a chopper, other times because a team leader wasn't present in the AO.  That would be the only thing i would tweak..  Nice mission.

@alganthe - any word on this that you've heard yet? (broken respawn menu when playing resumed missions?)

It seems to be a BIS issue that I cannot fix :/

yes I know...was just curious to find out if you've tried it in the 'Dev Branch' of the game yet to see if they had fixed it there?

No, but I expect that BIS don't expect people to be able to reload MP missions (not possible in the apex co-op campaing :( )

Saving should be disabled on the mission.

new version: 1.3.294

changelog: https://github.com/alganthe/Co-ops/releases/tag/1.3.294

If you had desync issues previously those were related to remoteExec whitelisting, they should be fixed now.

• Like 1

Hi alganthe

I am using your mission on my dedi server. I have one observation though. It seems the the entry in description.ext under params,  AOFinishEnemyPercentage  doesn't work. Can you confirm the below is correct to achieve 15% enemy left = clear town? 

class AOFinishEnemyPercentage {
        title = "Percentage of enemies left to complete the AO";
        values[] = {0.50, 0.40, 0.30, 0.20, 0.15, 0.10, 0.05};
        texts[] = {"50%", "40%", "30%", "20%", "15%", "10%", "5%"};
        default = 0.15;

What I am left doing is going into Zeus to find the last one or two enemy troops as on Tanoa they can be extraordinarily elusive. The end effect is I get players dropping off the server from frustration in not finding the last enemy trooper. 

This is a good alternative to other co-operative missions out there so I am keen to see this mature further as a go to mission for hosters :)

Hope you can have a look at this or show me where I went wrong with the above setting :)

Ahhh thanks alganthe, updated and all is good, cheers :D

hello alganthe

First of  thank you for the mission and your work

I am coming to my question, we have from you Co-ops_AW_edit my problem is now that I have no away marker the mission is there but no one knows what it is the task is missing

What I've just written the AI ​​on RHS

My server is running on veteran

Thank you for any reply

//---------------------------Tasks
class CfgTaskEnhancements {
    enable       = 1;            //0: disable new task features (default), 1: enable new task features & add new task markers and task widgets into the map
    3d           = 0;            //0: do not use new 3D markers (default), 1: replace task waypoints with new 3D markers
    3dDrawDist   = 2000;        //3d marker draw distance (default: 2000)
    share        = 0;            //0: do not count assigned players (default), 1: count how many players have the task assigned
    propagate    = 0;            //0: do not propagate (default), 1: propagate shared tasks to subordinates
};

The AW edit version wasn't updated in a while, i'll do it with the rest in 2-3 hours from now, i'll update this post with the releases when it's done.

Both altis / tanoa and the altis AW edit are up to date:

Altis / Tanoa normal version: https://github.com/alganthe/Co-ops/releases/tag/1.4.368

Altis AW edit: https://github.com/alganthe/Co-ops_AW_edit/releases/tag/1.4.379

Mission.sqm wasn't changed outside of the version number, no changes to defines.hpp either, (AW edition does have big changes since the last update, make sure to not just copy paste blindly)

• Like 1

really love this framework. well done.

I converted it to a couple other maps and it really works well and takes like 15min to port. I also did change all the units to US Army/USMC (+some brit choppers) and enemy to Russian faction. If anyone interested in my defines.hpp just let me know!