ironhawx

Analogue Inputs only 50% range

Ok so at first I thought it was an issue w/ my x55, however I've tried xbox 1, and x360 controllers as well, and all of these controllers only register 50% range, doesn't matter how I configure them.  I've tested all three in other games such as Elite, KSP, DCS and their full range is registering 1:1.  So its a major issue w/ arma and not hardware/driver related.  In arma when i go under controlers and settings click show numbers I can move throttle and it shows it going from -100 - +100 so seems there its reading right, but as soon as go into game and try to fly a helo only get 50% in both flight models.  Anyone else noticing this issue or have an idea on what the heck is going on?  I know my x55 worked before in previous versions of arma 3, hadn't used it for awhile then plugged in today and nadda doesn't want to work as it should.  Any light to be shed on issue would be greatly appreciated.

Note its all analogue inputs including not just throttle but movement as well such a pitching or rolling.

I have had this happens if you map more than one control to the same input.

E.g you bind both the x-55 stick twist input and rudder pedals to your rudder controls, you will only get 50% rudder.

Make sure you have only one control mapped to you analog functions. If you have both xbox and x-55 bound to the same functions try remove the one you are not gonna use.

I have had this happens if you map more than one control to the same input.

E.g you bind both the x-55 stick twist input and rudder pedals to your rudder controls, you will only get 50% rudder.

Make sure you have only one control mapped to you analog functions. If you have both xbox and x-55 bound to the same functions try remove the one you are not gonna use

OMG you sir deserve a medal would've never thought to do this nor would've thought this would be cause of issue, but indeed i now have 100% after removin the xbox mappings.  Hats off to you sir thank you very much.

Glad you manage to sort it out.

This bug is not an easy one to figure out, I wasted many hours on this myself.

This issue has been mentioned on the old feedback tracker but probably got buried far down in the pile of tickets.
If any DEVS read this you should really give a warning about this in the control setup. A big warning on top of the screen that binding two different controls to the same analogue input will mess it up.

I have an x55 as well.  do you get full range of response from the hotas throttle?   could you share how you bound your axis to the analogue throttle key bind in game?

I have an x55 as well.  do you get full range of response from the hotas throttle?   could you share how you bound your axis to the analogue throttle key bind in game?

Ya you have to bind y+ to one collective analogue and y- to opposite collective analogue.  So it would either be y+ collective raise(analogue) and y- collective lower(analogue) or vice versa in the controls.  All depends on you want to set it, if you want it to feel more like a real helo controls you would need it to where when you pull back you are raising the collective.  I'd tell you specifically my setup but i'm not at my gaming rig atm, but to get 100% range you have to do it this way.