Definately great to be seeing this mod making progress again. I'm glad you are keeping it up to date.

I have on suggestion though that would really help out mission makers immensely. Can you add the possibility to filter "add objects to zeus" by faction. So we can add/remove all scenery and building objects, or add all opfor to zeus. This would help immensely with having to play catch up with the 50m radius trying to accurately add specific units.

You're welcome! If you need more - like a log file or something - I can probably figure out where that is

Also, RHS JUST updated recently. I made sure to run the update before I caught this screenshot - so I know it's all up to date.

Your screenshot is the exact thing that happens before the vehicles and crew get mixed up. Didn't see the error tho, but that may be caused by not running the show script error ;)

thanks for sharing tho!

2) Since I reorganize the original mod, I decided to create a standalone addon with no dependencies, but it will contain all features of V1.8.1.

would the addon be still compatible with ares? or would it replace it?

also @issen @oOKexOo this has been done on the ahoy world server, maybe they could help out? although that would be a server/host side addon. but the code might be good for use on such a move command? you could ask them to allow excess to the code? this was a modification on the AI though; something that made the AI ignore the initial contact completely and in every situation.

Found an issue. Can't change player sides in multiplayer. Will you fix it in the next update? And yes, do you know, when you're going to release update? Thanks!

@jaynic and The_Nightstalk3r

Obviously, I missed the recent update of RHS. Hence, I was able to reproduce the error after the update.

It seems that they have changed the names of the vehicle categories such that they now deviate from the vanilla ones.

Nevertheless, I try to include the new categories.

@driftingnitro

I may have a look on integrating more options for the "add objects to Zeus" module.

@Quality Crafted

1) The idea is that you either use Ares or the Achilles Expansion. The combination of both makes no sense at all and it would also not work properly due to shared config classes.

2) I learned from a video by Luetin that they have accomplished that. I probably try asking them.

@Igor Nikolaev

1) That issue is assinged and will be fixed in the next update. If you don't place the module on an object, it works properly at the moment.

2) I reorganized the addon in terms of configs and also the split the pbo. The new structure should also fix some bugs (e.g. some target logics could be moved or deleted) and should also be a bit more efficient.

The down side is that it takes time and also introduces new bugs that I have to fix in addition to all those bugs that were recently reported.

Therefore, I have to take more time for the next update, but I hope all will be worth it at the end. I'm not yet sure when the update goes out, but I hope it will be next weekend.

The next update includes a general structural reorganization (code wise), suggested changes of existing modules and bug fixes, rather than new features.

@generalkong

I will have a look on it as soon as I start with modifying the sound and music modules.

@SceptreOfficial

Definitely a good idea. I will try to summarize the light source modules.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but can you fix the Ares Save/Load modules (they're buggy) and add a version that uses getPosWorld and setPosWorld instead of getPosASL and setPosASL?

hello! love your work!
Would there be any chance you change the interface of adding cargo? Both vehicles and boxes? Clicking 30 times is kinda bad.

Thank you for your time!

Another feature request: A module to change the ownership of objects. I hate it when a Zeus with over 9000 desync tries to put down 100+ AI. They're impossible to kill because every time you shoot them they eat the bullets.

And sorry for adding to the list of requests, any chance of adding another function for move to allow using Advanced Rappelling from duda?

I haven't finished the newest version yet. Unfortunately, I will be away for the next two weeks, so I have to postpone the update.

@pwner

1) As I stated earlier, I want to improve the "save SQF" module in general such that advanced compositions are compatible as well.

The only reliable way to get reproducible coordinates are the world positions on which also the advanced compositions are based on.

2) Is definitely module easy to implement, however Zeus has to consider that several modules won't work anymore on those AI due to locality issues.

I could change the code of those modules to global execution of course, but it would be more expensive.

@CyDoNgr

LoL, you don't have to click 30 times. It just takes time to load the inventory. Maybe there exist a solutions to improve the vanilla code in terms of efficency.

@generalkong

Well, I first need to have a look on how the add-on works in details. I hope it will be included in ACE3 at some point.

Great work. The only thing I would like to see is the indication of what is part of this MOD when looking at the Modules tab. In the old Ares, there were icons beside the Ares functions so one could definitely tell they were from Ares. Now, I can't tell what is what.

Another feature that would be great is a more random patrol like DAC or other AI patrol scripts. I find the clockwise type patrol in this to be pretty boring and not that useful really other than for a few patrols around a base or something like that.

Great work. The only thing I would like to see is the indication of what is part of this MOD when looking at the Modules tab. In the old Ares, there were icons beside the Ares functions so one could definitely tell they were from Ares. Now, I can't tell what is what.

Same here.

In chance of adding a change unit side? The player change side does not work on AI.

Went here to post the same thing as kerozen :). ACE has a "Group side" module, which can change a unit's group's side (works both on player or ai). For individual units or players, if i dont want to change side of the others in the group ill simply ungroup the unit so that it has its own.

would like Ares to have the same module if possible (we dont always use ace).

Great for curating undercover/play as civilian missions :).

• Like 1

I think someone mentioned it already, but I really miss the animals. They're a quaint little addition to the scenery that always catches players' attention.

Is this mod broken or something. Same thing with the original Ares mod. I have both enabled. And I keep gettings an error message like so.

'bin\config.bin/CfgGrops/Empty.Ares_MilitaryStructures'.

I typed that into my computer search, hoping to have something in one of the files come up. But all I post was a posting on some website talking about some of the objects used not being purposely added to the editor. Is there any way to fix this? Because I really liked Ares, I get this error with Ares alone as well.

Great mod!

ErrorReport: When I use the AdvancedWeather Mod, rain is not working properly (it kinda hanging in the air for some seconds and then start again), fog is dissipating way to soon and there's a loop of dissipating, re-activating, dissipating ... and so on.

Sitting doesn't work with me either: I would spawn a chair, click on "have a seat", choose the chair, mouseover a unit, press return. Nothing happens.

Feature request: Would be nice, if there was some sort of healing management with ACE. Heal body parts, full healing, SewingKit etc. So as a Zeus, you could simulate healing AI units (or players).

Thanks for the great work, MP is way better with Achilles!

• Like 1

Great mod!

ErrorReport: When I use the AdvancedWeather Mod, rain is not working properly (it kinda hanging in the air for some seconds and then start again), fog is dissipating way to soon and there's a loop of dissipating, re-activating, dissipating ... and so on.

Sitting doesn't work with me either: I would spawn a chair, click on "have a seat", choose the chair, mouseover a unit, press return. Nothing happens.

Feature request: Would be nice, if there was some sort of healing management with ACE. Heal body parts, full healing, SewingKit etc. So as a Zeus, you could simulate healing AI units (or players).

Thanks for the great work, MP is way better with Achilles!

I have same issues.. Thanks for reporting.

Hi all!

It will take me one more week before I can resume my work on the mod.

Nevertheless, I wanted to check how things are going. Thank you for your reports and suggestions.

@tacplay Arma3_JSOC

I assume you were running ACE3. In this case you have to prevent ACE from interfering with the Advanced Weather module.

Check: https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/issues/2

Edit:

@tacplay

1) You have to select the unit you want to have a seat and then hit enter. Currently it only works for units you placed. If I manage to fix the locality issues, it should even work for players as well.

2) About the healing: Stcrowe provided the module for the mod. I just have to include it.

@igame360

I assume that is the same error why you cannot use the compositions in Eden Editor. A guy named Stcrowe wrote a solution for it.

It should be fixed as soon as I implement his solution.

@diehardfc

They will come back in a new module in spawn module category.

@zafjr kerozen

I will have a look on how I want to implement the AI compatibility.

In contrast to players, you can change the AI side by grouping them with an unit of another side.

@delta99

1) Because this is the philosophy of the Achilles Expansion. I don't see any advantage in seperating the modules from the existing vanilla categories, just to distinguish them from which add-on they were comming from. The module tree should rather have a uniform structure for practical reasons.

2) The advantage of the patrol module is that it gives you a set of waypoints you can move wherever you actually want to have them. The Mod is generally intended to provide deterministic tools to a live editor. In other words, it does not provide randomization. There are better ways to provide randomization especially in conjunction with a caching system in a mission.

• Like 2

I'm glad that someone took over the Ares mod and continues it.

One question though, will the old compositions from ares be added to Achilles Expansion.

Otherwise awesome job on the additions.  :D

Hi oOKexOo,

thanks for your reply!

@tacplay Arma3_JSOC

I assume you were running ACE3. In this case you have to prevent ACE from interfering with the Advanced Weather module.

Check: https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/issues/2

Edit:

@tacplay

1) You have to select the unit you want to have a seat and then hit enter. Currently it only works for units you placed. If I manage to fix the locality issues, it should even work for players as well.

2) About the healing: Stcrowe provided the module for the mod. I just have to include it.

Advanced weather ain't working for me, whether with or without Ace-Weather-Modul (tried it with and without disabled configs).

When I config heavy fog, it's dissipating immediately in the distance, visible by a strange looking small line, opening within 15-20 sec. to a completely fog-free sky. I think it may be the horizon line, I'm seeing and the fog is dissipating sphere-like to the pole above me (see video). That's a bummer, because Advanced Weather would be very immersive for our roleplay sessions (i.e. slowly dissipating fog over some time, rain, when I like to have rain, intensifying fog after rain and so on).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vksk_BiC3o4

Sitting: Thanks man, I was blind ;)

Feature request animations: I haven't worked with animations a lot, but it would be awesome, if enemy units would immediately come out of the animation, if they recognise you. When I put an enemy into i.e. watch-animation, they only react, if you shoot (at) them, killing immersion quite a bit (you can walk right under their noses). Would be realistic, if they get out of animation way before, when they see you. But I don't know if it's possible with the animation-loop-system in arma.

Healing: That would be very nice! Because of my poor abilities with scripting I have to spawn some sort of medic-box right now, with a "Full healing" menue entry x)

Some way to check an balance healing for players without interruption would help a lot.

This mod is just the reason why I love Arma so much. The chance to play immersive, dynamic roleplay-missions.

If you don't mind, I will swarm you with feature-requests concerning roleplay-abilities as well. ;)

Keep on Achilling!

Thanks for this nugget!

@delta99

1) Because this is the philosophy of the Achilles Expansion. I don't see any advantage in seperating the modules from the existing vanilla categories, just to distinguish them from which add-on they were comming from. The module tree should rather have a uniform structure for practical reasons.

2) The advantage of the patrol module is that it gives you a set of waypoints you can move wherever you actually want to have them. The Mod is generally intended to provide deterministic tools to a live editor. In other words, it does not provide randomization. There are better ways to provide randomization especially in conjunction with a caching system in a mission.

Thanks for the reply. Here is my followup:

1. I didn't mean that you would separate them and if I remember correctly they were not separated in Ares either. Just that each Ares function had an icon beside it so that you would know they are Ares functions. I could be wrong and maybe the icons were only at the "folder" level or something. In any event it is much much easier to find Achilles functions if they had an indicator of some sorts on the name. I hate selecting a vanilla one by accident when I'm really looking for an Achilles one.

2. I agree that there are better or other randomization functions that could easily be used and built into the mission. But there is nothing that I know of that works with a live editor. I still think it would be something very useful for a live editor to have. Further I can just as easily create a patrol with Vanilla placement as using the current Achilles function.

While as unit controlled by Zeus you can't to comunicate with other zeus in chat. You can only use side chat for unit faction. 

One small thing we do miss since we switched to ARES: The ability to deploy flares to illuminate the terrain and drop chemlights as Zeus. AFAIK this was available in Achiles.

Looking really forward to the advanced damage for vehicles, especially helicopters. :)

Thanks

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone is having the issue where ARES is creating a dependency on the mission when creating your mission with ARES active?

We never had this issue up until recently.

• Like 1