Hi all,

Please tell me how do I choose more types of ammo except the rockets for an attack helicopter(with the CAS module),when destroying a target in Ares Zeus!

Please!

Thanks in advance!

@orllak32
This is the current limit of the module.
It may support miniguns in future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@orllak32
This is the current limit of the module.
It may support miniguns in future.

Thank you!

I'm coming back from about a 1 year break from Arma. I used to Zeus quite a bit and used this mod (among many other things) to drop custom resupply boxes for players.  I would place a bunch of items into a box, then use Ares to copy the inventory out, save it as a text file, and paste it into boxes in missions as I needed.  I've come to rely on this feature and I use it in each of my Zeus missions.

Now, when I use the Paste Inventory module, everything seems to work right, and I get a confirmation saying it worked, but the pasted items aren't in the box.  Additionally, when I spawn an ammobox from the Empty>Supplies>Ammo, and try and copy its contents out, the only thing in the dialogue box is this: [[],[],[],[]] even though there are items in the box.  I've loaded a clean mission (just the player unit and a Zeus module) with only the Ares Achilles mod and CBA_A3 loaded, and the issue still persists.  I've been unable to find any info here or on the BIS forums.  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Vernei said:

I'm coming back from about a 1 year break from Arma. I used to Zeus quite a bit and used this mod (among many other things) to drop custom resupply boxes for players.  I would place a bunch of items into a box, then use Ares to copy the inventory out, save it as a text file, and paste it into boxes in missions as I needed.  I've come to rely on this feature and I use it in each of my Zeus missions.

Now, when I use the Paste Inventory module, everything seems to work right, and I get a confirmation saying it worked, but the pasted items aren't in the box.  Additionally, when I spawn an ammobox from the Empty>Supplies>Ammo, and try and copy its contents out, the only thing in the dialogue box is this: [[],[],[],[]] even though there are items in the box.  I've loaded a clean mission (just the player unit and a Zeus module) with only the Ares Achilles mod and CBA_A3 loaded, and the issue still persists.  I've been unable to find any info here or on the BIS forums.  Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance.

CreepPork_LV answered my question on Steam:

@Vernei
This is a know issue, it only exports Virtual Arsenal items at the moment. We had a bit of an issue when we released our major update, 1.0.0, that resulted in miscommunication and the "real" inventory copying and pasting was removed by mistake. It will be coming back so don't worry.

I love that every iteration of this mod gets better and better. I could not act as an effective curator without Ares Achilles, and I make sure that every game master I train uses it. I just discovered something that's been around for a while and am wondering if kex or pork or any of the community have seen it:

When using the Promote to Zeus module, the player who is promoted has trouble manipulating units. Specifically, when giving them a stance or behaviour change, that change is ignored, modified or has an effect on the other trait. I ran into this months ago and kept insisting that the person I was working with had an outdated version of Ares Achilles because there was a version (0.9.6 maybe?) that had stance issues. When we tested recently, my trainee turned off every mod except for Arma, CBA, and ACE, and still had the stance/behaviour issue. On a lark, I had him log in as admin (on our server, admin has full curator permissions) instead of me promoting him, and wouldn't you know it, that solved the problem.

So, it's not a showstopper, but there does appear to be something wonky with that particular module. If you haven't seen this happen, give it a test and see if the results are the same; I'm curious to know if anyone else is running into this.

@diehardfc
Maybe a stupid question, but did the player that got promoted and had the issue with commanding the AI have Achilles loaded?

Edit: Just got that idea, since the attribute window for vanilla Zeus does not work properly for non-local units (I assume he tried to modify your placed units (= owned by you) or units part of the mission file (= server owned).

Some way to make new stuff put into a mission to run in a "New Layer" and some way to put a timer on lets say Arty ,until stuff starts and a way to make vehicles with lightbars to turn those on/off on order to do so.

Some way to decide what Faction to use and make them board a plane I just put down--make the cars to be automatically loaded and ready to be dropped.

Make that "Paradrop" wp on the spot and work with other then RHS.tnx

@john1

1) It is hard to follow what your actual suggestion is, especially in first sentence. Note that the vehicle garage allows turning on/off lightbars. It also works on multiple vehicles simultaneously when you select them before opening the attribute window. 

2) You can drag a vehicle/cargo box on top of a transport plane/chopper in order to load/slingload it.

3) To make the paradrop WP on the spot is not feasible, as you probably well know that the AI can be pretty stubborn. What do you mean with "work with other then RHS"? The paradrop WP should in theory work for any 3rd party add-on.

Hello,

I want to create a vehicle with custom loadout and the selected weapons shall be already fully assembled (magazines and attachments already placed), then I want to save this custom vehicle as a custom composition and then export this custom composition to Zeus, so I can immediately spawn the customized vehicle via Zeus when I play a mission. Apparently, the Eden Editor itself does not have such an option - that's, why I got the Achilles Mod, since I've read it adds such an ability to the Eden Editor (or to Zeus - I don't really know, which one).

But before explaining in more detail what I want to achieve, I would first like to describe, what I did:

In the Eden Editor, I have spawned a "Qilin (Armed)" vehicle. Then I right-clicked on it -> "Attributes..." and in "Object: Equipment Storage", I cleared the default loadout and then added weapons, magazines, attachments, grenades, explosives and items based on my personal preference.

Then I spawned a CSAT unit ("Ammo Bearer") right next to the vehicle, right-clicked on the unit and then clicked on "Play as the Character".

The mission loaded up and I first emptied my entire loadout (Fatigues, Vest, Backpack, Primary Weapon slot and Pistol slot). Next, I took each weapon out of the vehicle storage and for each weapon, I loaded the associated magazines (see example below) and attached the desired attachments to the weapon. When finished, I placed the weapon on the ground nearby the vehicle. I repeated this procedure for each weapon.

Here an example:

A "Type 115 (Hex)" with both magazine slots empty, a "Stealth Sound Suppressor (Hex)", a "Bipod (Hex)", an "IR Laser Pointer", an "ARCO", a number of "6.5mm 30Rnd Caseless Mag" magazines and a number of ".50 BW 10Rnd Caseless Mag" magazines were in the vehicle storage. I placed the weapon in my primary weapon slot and first loaded the weapon with the 2 magazine types and then placed the above mentioned attachments to their slots on the weapon. Now, the weapon was fully equipped and I placed it on the ground somewhere nearby the vehicle. Then I repeated these steps with the remaining weapons, magazines and attachments inside the vehicle storage.

In this manner, I eventually emptied the vehicle storage - I also took out the other stuff (grenades, explosives, FAKs, etc.) and placed it on the ground. Once the vehicle storage was completely empty, I finally placed back the weapons (which now are all fully equipped) and the remaining stuff into it. The vehicle is now finished!

Now, I want to save this finished vehicle as a custom composition or custom object and then export it to Zeus. The idea behind this is, to make the vehicle and the weapons ready for immediate use (since all the custom stuff is already loaded onto the vehicle and I already placed magazines and attachments onto the weapons) after spawning the vehicle in a mission - until now, after entering a mission, I first had to spawn the vehicle (via SSPCM -> Virtual Garage), then manually empty it's default loadout (time-consuming...), then spawn a couple of supply boxes where I defined the desired weapons, magazines, attachments, items, etc. (via SSPCM -> Zeus) and the supply boxes would contain the weapons (with empty magazines), magazines and attachments separately and I would have to assemble the weapons each time I spawn the vehicle, which is very time-consuming (I did that many times until now - I'm finally fed up with it...). Transferring the other stuff (grenades, explosives, FAKs, etc.) from the supply boxes to the vehicle is also very time-consuming and I have to repeat all these procedures each time I spawn the vehicle...

Unfortunately, I don't know how to accomplish this with Achilles, so can you guys give me a walkthrough? :)

Edit: Hey, bold text function/format doesn't work - how can I fix it? (I want to emphasize certain parts of this posting...)

On 3/29/2018 at 1:06 PM, oOKexOo said:

@diehardfc
Maybe a stupid question, but did the player that got promoted and had the issue with commanding the AI have Achilles loaded?

Edit: Just got that idea, since the attribute window for vanilla Zeus does not work properly for non-local units (I assume he tried to modify your placed units (= owned by you) or units part of the mission file (= server owned).

The player I was training tried it two ways: with Ares Achilles loaded and without. In both cases, stance and behaviour acted strangely when I used "Promote to Zeus" on him. I'm not 100% sure what the locality of units were when he tested. We have a dedicated server and two headless clients, so at any time, he could have been working with units that were local, dedi, or HC. There's a pretty good chance they were HC units, since our script hands them off every 15-30 seconds. You think locality might be the issue?

@diehardfc

In the case he uses vanilla Zeus it is indeed a locality issue as many features can't handle non-local units. If he didn't place the units himself, then they are for sure not local to his machine. Of course even if he placed them, the HC script will make them non-local at some point. As I told in my previous post, Achilles improved the attribute window in the way that it is capable of handling non-local units. The question remains why it still fails for him when he is not admin. One assumption I have is that the remote execution function Achilles_fnc_spawn gets blocked. If this is the case you should find something like the line below in the RTP file on the server:

Warning: %1 (UID: %2) tried to use Achilles_fnc_spawn without permission!

where %1 is his name and %2 is his UID.

Edit: Oh well, stance and behaviours are not using Achilles_fnc_spawn and therefore, it must be a different issue...

A script for testing locality:

When the execute code module is placed on an unit and the code below is executed globally, you'll see in the chat to who it is local.

if (local param[1]) then
{
  switch (true) do
  {
    case !(isServer or hasInterface):
    {
      "HC" remoteExecCall ["systemChat"];
    };
    case (isServer):
    {
      "server" remoteExecCall ["systemChat"];
    };
    {
      profileName remoteExecCall ["systemChat"];
    };
  };  
};

@The Spirit of Morpheus

Achilles is for Zeus. If you are looking for an expansion for Eden, you should have a look on 3den Enhanced.

I have to admit that I'm not aware of any way to add weapons with customized attachments/magazines to a cargo (by means of a script).

Why even bother to do such a thing when just adding the items separately doesn't make much of a difference to be honest?
Things that Achilles provide and may make your life easier are the copy and paste Arsenal modules, which also work on vehicle cargo (they won't work for your customized weapons, so just add the items separately).

Note that in v1.0.0 and v1.0.1 the copy and paste Arsenal modules will only copy the virtual Arsenal, not the standard inventory. We'll provide a fix with v1.0.2, which will come soon.

Finally, the vehicle garage is accessible when you double click on a vehicle and press the "garage" button. It is also possible to save/load customizations.
Edit: There is also a button "cargo", which allows you to edit the inventory.

17 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@The Spirit of Morpheus

Achilles is for Zeus. If you are looking for an expansion for Eden, you should have a look on 3den Enhanced.

I have to admit that I'm not aware of any way to add weapons with customized attachments/magazines to a cargo (by means of a script).

Why even bother to do such a thing when just adding the items separately doesn't make much of a difference to be honest?
Things that Achilles provide and may make your life easier are the copy and paste Arsenal modules, which also work on vehicle cargo (they won't work for your customized weapons, so just add the items separately).

Note that in v1.0.0 and v1.0.1 the copy and paste Arsenal modules will only copy the virtual Arsenal, not the standard inventory. We'll provide a fix with v1.0.2, which will come soon.

Finally, the vehicle garage is accessible when you double click on a vehicle and press the "garage" button. It is also possible to save/load customizations.
Edit: There is also a button "cargo", which allows you to edit the inventory.

In Eden, I can spawn a vehicle, clear its default loadout and then define my own loadout and then I can save this custom vehicle as a custom composition ("Save this composition") - but I cannot use this composition outside of the editor (e.g. when I play a mission, I would like to spawn it in the mission via SSPCM -> Zeus). Another problem is (like described in my post above), Eden doesn't save changes made during a play (e.g. "Play as this Character") - during a play, I assemble the weapons with magazines and attachments and then put them back on the vehicle. But when I return to the Eden Editor, these changes are not saved - the vehicle is reset to it's initial state (the loadout I defined is still there - but the weapons, magazines and attachments are separated from each other just like in the beginning).

Therefore, I want to export a custom composition (e.g. a vehicle with custom loadout and the weapons readily assembled) made in Eden to Zeus or somehow else use it outside Eden (ultimately, I want to easily place it while playing a mission if I need it). I've read that Achilles can achieve that - that's why I loaded the Achilles mod.

Legend:

SSPCM = Simple Singleplayer Cheat Menu (a great module to spice up singleplayer missions and bypass annoying routines)

Hi,

Its maybe different kind of topic, but is there a way to spawn ambient light source and define its parameters before mission start? 

Need to define RGB, range and constant attenuation before mission start.

Like here: LINK

@The Spirit of Morpheus

On 1.4.2018 at 4:32 PM, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

In Eden, I can spawn a vehicle, clear its default loadout and then define my own loadout and then I can save this custom vehicle as a custom composition ("Save this composition") - but I cannot use this composition outside of the editor (e.g. when I play a mission, I would like to spawn it in the mission via SSPCM -> Zeus).

You are correct, the compositions created in Eden cannot be used outside. Achilles won't change that fact.

Someone would have to write an extension that allows importing them as Bohemia didn't provide that feature. I doubt this will ever gonna happen.

However, Achilles allows you to edit the loadout when you are in Zeus.

Another problem is (like described in my post above), Eden doesn't save changes made during a play (e.g. "Play as this Character") - during a play, I assemble the weapons with magazines and attachments and then put them back on the vehicle. But when I return to the Eden Editor, these changes are not saved - the vehicle is reset to it's initial state (the loadout I defined is still there - but the weapons, magazines and attachments are separated from each other just like in the beginning).

Yes, that's because Eden is not a real-time editor in contrast to Zeus. Again ... just forget about saving pre-assebled weapons. They won't be saved, even when you use Achilles and that fact won't change. Period.

Therefore, I want to export a custom composition (e.g. a vehicle with custom loadout and the weapons readily assembled) made in Eden to Zeus or somehow else use it outside Eden (ultimately, I want to easily place it while playing a mission if I need it). I've read that Achilles can achieve that - that's why I loaded the Achilles mod.

As mentioned before you should forget about an exporting custom compositions from Eden. Just edit the loadout in Eden or in Zeus and save/load them in Zeus with the copy/paste Arsenal modules provided by Achilles (v1.0.2).

@callofmarty

Currently not really. There is a light source module in Eden, but it is kinda broken and not on our priority list.

On 4/5/2018 at 3:47 PM, oOKexOo said:

@The Spirit of Morpheus

Just edit the loadout in Eden or in Zeus and save/load them in Zeus with the copy/paste Arsenal modules provided by Achilles (v1.0.2).

Is this a replacement for deep copy and paste (SHIFT+CTRL+C/V) or just a GUI version of the same functionality?

@diehardfc
It's a different feature. The deep copy/paste key bindings were introduced by Achilles and are only useful for unit loadouts (also works when they are in a vehicle).

The copy/paste Arsenal modules, on the other hand, were already part of Ares, but in Achilles v1.0.0 and v1.0.1 the feature to copy non-virtual items was lost. They are applicable to anything that has an ammo cargo (boxes/vehicles).

16 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@diehardfc
They are applicable to anything that has an ammo cargo (boxes/vehicles).

That is very exciting! Thanks for adding that functionality.

@oOKexOo: Thank you for the mod man, I cant Zeus without this, I wanted to ask, if you might either expand upon the AI animation tool to be able to use mod animations and poses? or even create a new tool altogether so that we can put static animations and such on the AI for screenshot purposes?

@diehardfc

As I said it's nothing really new, but rather a fix for an already existing feature.

@General Kong

The problem for the Ambient Anim module is that we haven't found a general approach via config to get looped animations and a descriptive text.
The current approach is to manually add them: https://github.com/ArmaAchilles/Achilles/issues/261.
However, I could think of a way to allow mission and addon makers to whitelist animations for the module themselves.

• Like 1

On 5.4.2018 at 9:47 PM, oOKexOo said:

@The Spirit of Morpheus

You are correct, the compositions created in Eden cannot be used outside. Achilles won't change that fact.

Someone would have to write an extension that allows importing them as Bohemia didn't provide that feature. I doubt this will ever gonna happen.

However, Achilles allows you to edit the loadout when you are in Zeus.

Yes, that's because Eden is not a real-time editor in contrast to Zeus. Again ... just forget about saving pre-assebled weapons. They won't be saved, even when you use Achilles and that fact won't change. Period.

As mentioned before you should forget about an exporting custom compositions from Eden. Just edit the loadout in Eden or in Zeus and save/load them in Zeus with the copy/paste Arsenal modules provided by Achilles (v1.0.2).

Thanks for answering.

If neither Eden nor Zeus nor Achilles is able to do it, is it at least possible to achieve that via Script?

T.S.O.M.