Hey Kex. Just wanted to thank you for the mod! It's made Zeus-ing absolutely fantastic, and I'm super happy someone continued the work from the original ares mod.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, diadem said:

Hey Kex. Just wanted to thank you for the mod! It's made Zeus-ing absolutely fantastic, and I'm super happy someone continued the work from the original ares mod.

I second what diadem said!!

What is exactly the reason eventhandlers are being removed when an object is removed from zeus control?

You can get technical with me, in order to explain.

Hey there, someone reported issues with CUP units and this mod, has anybody else experienced this? Is there any required compatibility patch for the two to work together?

edit: the issue seemed to be, units wouldn't enter a building when ordered to.

18 hours ago, Chairborne said:

the issue seemed to be, units wouldn't enter a building when ordered to.

I have not experienced anything like this myself. If you have an AI mid that can cause them to ignore orders given by zeus. I know ASR AI does that to me at times but no issues between this and CUP 

No clue to be honest, that's just what the guy told me so i decided to drop a message in case anyone else experienced weird issues like that.

I love this thing, helps and adds features to zeus that allow the game be exciting again and again, cant wait it to update CAS modules for Laws of War clusters... Keep the good work up! :)

If I am building a Vanilla template for a server and am using Zues to test some different aspects of the mod. Can I also use Achilles Mod without issue if I delete the Zues modules and take this mod away after testing before I export to PBO?

@Crielaard

Hmm, that's an interesting behaviour. There is no script command that remove EHs in the Module code. Maybe it's an side effect of the addCuratorEditableObjects command. You could give it a try with the it.

@Chairborne

A failure of the garrison module indicates a conflict with a module that modifies the AI behaviour, such as ASR, VCOM and so on.

@EddieX

The cluster bombs may find their way in.

@Jnr4817

Sure, why not? It's just in the Eden editor where Achilles may create a mod dependency which has to be manually removed from the mission.sqm.

When in Zeus (Archilles) Arma 3 will crash to desktop when looking in map. Granted I'm using mods, but I thought I'd cross check vanilla editors to see if is reproduction.

4 hours ago, anfo said:

When in Zeus (Archilles) Arma 3 will crash to desktop when looking in map. Granted I'm using mods, but I thought I'd cross check vanilla editors to see if is reproduction.

This is a game crash bug that comes from the 1.76 patch, it has no association with Achilles. If you have an error that you definitely think is a fault with Achilles, then please post steps to reproduce.

This bug has been already fixed in the Profiling branch of Arma 3.

6 hours ago, CreepPork said:

This is a game crash bug that comes from the 1.76 patch, it has no association with Achilles. If you have an error that you definitely think is a fault with Achilles, then please post steps to reproduce.

This bug has been already fixed in the Profiling branch of Arma 3.

If you re-read my post I am in no way trying to be definitive. I was attempting gauge which direction take next by feedback from other users but I can see now that I can focus elsewhere.

16 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@Crielaard

Hmm, that's an interesting behaviour. There is no script command that remove EHs in the Module code. Maybe it's an side effect of the addCuratorEditableObjects command. You could give it a try with the it.

@Chairborne

A failure of the garrison module indicates a conflict with a module that modifies the AI behaviour, such as ASR, VCOM and so on.

@EddieX

The cluster bombs may find their way in.

@Jnr4817

Sure, why not? It's just in the Eden editor where Achilles may create a mod dependency which has to be manually removed from the mission.sqm.

The thing is, it seems like Ares related, because a notification pops up once you use it.

"Removed all eventhandlers"

Thing came into my mind at this late on night, that could the 3den "edit terrain objects" thing be implemented to Zeus from Achilles, so we could control building destruction states, door states (open, closed)? (there is the lock doors allready, i know.)

BTW after laws of war update the Achiles seems to add two "cas bomb strike" modules, but both of them work same way. If i take achilles off, then i see the cluster module and the regular bombing run module on normal zeus interface.

Sieppaa.png

Hi all,

In collaboration with Kex, I have joined the development team. As Kex is currently quite busy, I'll try to do my best to keep improving Achilles. Currently, I'm focusing on the bugs and any issues associated with that. We also created a Discord server that you can all join and help us with various bug reports and other things.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, CreepPork said:

Hi all,

In collaboration with Kex, I have joined the development team. As Kex is currently quite busy, I'll try to do my best to keep improving Achilles. Currently, I'm focusing on the bugs and any issues associated with that. We also created a Discord server that you can all join and help us with various bug reports and other things.

That's awesome!  Thank you very much for continuing the development!!

• Like 1

i absolutely love this mod, however.
when i create an advanced composition with the mod, whenever this composition includes a vehicle, the vehicle can no longer be driven.
am i being a noob here or is there no solution?

Kindest regards, 
Viper

1 hour ago, ViperVapes. said:

i absolutely love this mod, however.
when i create an advanced composition with the mod, whenever this composition includes a vehicle, the vehicle can no longer be driven.
am i being a noob here or is there no solution?

Kindest regards, 
Viper

As far as I know, Advanced Compositions do not support vehicles. They only support objects.

@ViperVapes.

CreepPork is right in the way that the system wasn't designed for vehicles. However, it is actually possible to make empty vehicles drivable. You have to ungroup the composition with CTRL+SHIFT+G and you may have to enable the simulation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oOKexOo said:

@ViperVapes.

CreepPork is right in the way that the system wasn't designed for vehicles. However, it is actually possible to make empty vehicles drivable. You have to ungroup the composition with CTRL+SHIFT+G and you may have to enable the simulation. 

Will this keep the objects attached to the vehicle tho?
Also, if not, any other way i can achieve this (whilst keeping the vehicle driveable):
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1168533688
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1168533736
Im trying to create this without having to create it each time with Disable Simulation Etc....
Thank you in advance,
Viper

I have what I hope to be a simple question here. I'm trying to use the advanced composition tool in Zeus but am running into a little issue. I can't seen to figure out how to get it to switch between the "save new stuff" mode and "put down old stuff" mod. Screen shots to show what I mean

Here I have the option to create new compositions or edit or delete old ones

5a48c08aa1f1b724a32f9c0c1d75ea8e.png

Here I actually have the option to spawn them, but I've only gotten this to come up once accidentally. This is what I'm searching for

e1e6a94c94fed0470e0606b5d6c9d085.png

Any help appreciated, thank you in advance