@oOKexOo

I dont know if this is possible, but it would be great if, while in Zeus mode, "snap-to-surface" could be toggled off. In Eden this is already present. But Zeus doesnt have this option, and it makes dynamically placing buildings precisely impossible especially on slopes.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T75875 Long requested feature :p

• Like 1

@zafjr

This is a hard-coded behaviour, so nothing I can change.

At least the height can be tweaked with the "Object" >> "Set height" module, which allows changing the relative height. There is also a vanilla keybinding, which allows aligning objects horizontal (by default X).

Hi oOKexOo

As Arma3 have added the Chinese language support, I share the Simplified Chinese translation stringtable file, which has been used for a long time within a couple of my friends, they are all the Fans of your mod, and I believe the translation should be professional and Accurate, if you can add it to your next update , it will be grateful for all chinese users ~~

https://openload.co/f/cYPpKZOQPjE/stringtable_Simplified_Chinese.xml

@z720ll

Thank you for sharing the translation.

Note that you mustn't change the English entries, but I can easily fix it.

It will be included in the next update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@z720ll

Thank you for sharing the translation.

Note that you mustn't change the English entries, but I can easily fix it.

It will be included in the next update.

sorry, the English string change is used before Chinese language is supported by arma3, I forget to remove it ~

it's great that you will include it in your next update, thanks very much ~

Hi! First of all, this is an awesome mod that you managed to make here. However whenever I place modules that is only for 1 unit, it keeps saying NO UNIT SELECTED. Why is that?

Hello, awesome work you did with the mod. Good job! But could you please change/swap hotkeys:  [CTRL + SHIFT + BACKSPACE] To [BACKSPACE]?

The ctrl one removes hud as well as the LOGO and, for me that does lots of filming while zeusing it's pain to have to click all of those 3 buttons just to remove the LOGO. So i think that pressing backspace should be the hotkey to remove the hud and LOGO.

Pressing ctrl shift backspace should remove the hud but enable to logo. 

4 hours ago, edgalev said:

Hello, awesome work you did with the mod. Good job! But could you please change/swap hotkeys:  [CTRL + SHIFT + BACKSPACE] To [BACKSPACE]?

The ctrl one removes hud as well as the LOGO and, for me that does lots of filming while zeusing it's pain to have to click all of those 3 buttons just to remove the LOGO. So i think that pressing backspace should be the hotkey to remove the hud and LOGO.

Pressing ctrl shift backspace should remove the hud but enable to logo. 

Change them yourself in your CBA settings.

• Like 1

@Ak47wut

You have to drop the module on the unit.

@rekkless & @edgalev

First of all, these two keybindings are vanilla features.

It is possible to change the keybinding to some extend:

(Options>>Controls>>Zeus>>Toggle Interface)

However, you still have to press CTRL + SHIFT in addition in order to remove the watermark.

This is a hard-coded behaviour and thus, it cannot be changed with mods.

• Like 1

is there any plans to try and fix the side tab problem (as mentioned in my thread in editing forum) :) 

Possibility of advanced compositions also saving vehicle inventory/ACE cargo and box inventory?

@Dostojetski

The advanced composition system is designed for buildings and furnitures.

The "Save mission SQF" module however will be extended for saving inventories, animations, etc.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@Dostojetski

The "Save mission SQF" module however will be extended for saving inventories, animations, etc.

That will be awesome!  Thanks oOKexOo!!

Hello, I haven't seen the Archilles waypoints discussed anywhere, so I was wondering if I could ask about the "Search Building" waypoint? I enjoyed seeing the AI move in and search the building which could substitute for a defence or fortification option. After searching however the AI will move outside and wait in formation. Is there any way they can be told to wait in the building rather outside? Or alternatively continue searching indefinitely until engaged?

edit: might have found a workaround which is the next waypoint is a cycle. Not pretty but they now rinse and repeat the same building :grinning:

• Like 2

@anfo

There is a module for that: AI Behaviours >> Search and Garrison Building.

I could create a new waypoint based on it.

2 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@anfo

There is a module for that: AI Behaviours >> Search and Garrison Building.

I could create a new waypoint based on it.

@oOKexOo I've just realised you're referring to Zeus rather than Eden when discussing modules. The Archilles waypoints I am using are from Eden and I thought the module you mentioned was there as well.

This is a great idea about making a waypoint (apart from using in Eden) as I don't think I have found an option for AI to continue moving about a building that they occupy. All other garrison scripts (and correct me if I'm wrong) have the AI stay in the room they move into. Archilles could make CQB more dynamic.

• Like 1

Some feedback on new features and existing ones:

• The new Switch Unit module has been very useful for roleplaying and getting around TFAR issues. There may or may not be some instability, however. There's a Remote Control issue that I believe is unrelated to Achilles, wherein if your use it on a gunner position (possibly to include pilot gunners), you lose the ability to Remote Control any other units afterward. You can still jump into their bodies with the RC module, but you'll just be along for the ride, unable to actually control anything. What I normally do when this happens is use the new Switch Unit module instead. Unfortunately, after using SU (Switch Unit) a few times, after being killed as an AI, myself and my partner curator will lose our Zeus priveliges entirely. This is obviously pretty bizarre, and may be related to the larger RC issue outlined in this forum post or have something to do with locality; we run a dedicated server with two headless clients, so most units that we hit with RC or SU are local to the headless client when we occupy them.
  • Fire Support is still hit or miss, at least in regards to locality. Suppressive Fire didn't used to work on HC-controlled groups, but now it does. Unfortunately, it doesn't work reliably, with the units sometimes firing in a different direction from the suppression target, and static weapons sometimes ignoring the command entirely. Sadly the Artillery Mission module still does not work with units on the headless client.

I offer this input in the hopes that it will help refine and improve the mod, not as criticism. Ares Achilles is hands-down my favorite mod, and I wouldn't dream of curating a game without it.

• Like 1

@anfo

Well, the add-on is designed for Zeus. Some features are available in Eden as well if you define the config right. The problem is just that your mission becomes dependent on Achilles if you place them in Eden.

@diehardfc

1) Switch unit and remote control make use of very different script commands.

Note that he remote control module is still the vanilla one, except that the line that was responsible for the wind sound effect was removed. As you correctly assumed, the issue is not Achilles related.

The switch unit module, on the other hand, is still unstable under certain circumstances which I haven't identified yet.

2) What bugs me most about the suppression module is that the units often start shooting before they actually aimed at the target. I haven't found a satisfying solution for it, as some script commands just aren't as reliable as I hope they would.

The suppressive fire module was redesigned for handling non-local units, I'm glad it is working now to some extent.

I still don't understand, why the artillery module fails for the HC, although it can handle non-local units (e.g. on server).

On 06/08/2017 at 6:25 AM, oOKexOo said:

The problem is just that your mission becomes dependent on Achilles if you place them in Eden.

That's not a problem as Archilles has become a consistent part of our regular mission mods.

Hi. 

Currently when using IED's I spawn a guy in with IED + cell then place and connect. Then when People get near i RC the guy and Call. 

I was wondering if it was possible to have a module to drop on the guy aften setup, that would make him look for unfriendlyes and auto Call to detonate. 

Kex, regarding supresion:

You should be able to the unit's weapon direction, and getting the direction to the module.

Just script a thing that makes them not do anything until the weapon is aiming within certain parameters (5 deg +/- for example) and them make them start firing.

I love the mod- and it's a blast using a variety of features as a zeus- however i'm usually unable to switch unit or remote control the driver/pilot of a vehicle/helicopter with players as the passengers.

@ConArts

You could create an IED with the IED module and set the trigger method to manual.

If you trigger it by hitting END. It's certainly not exactly what you wanted, but the best that Achilles currently has to offer.

@Crielaard

Thx for your suggestion. This could be a possible work around.

@Arcieri

1) Select the driver in the entity list on the left hand side or drag-select the entire vehicle.

2) You should then see the driver's icon on the vehicle.

3) Press CTRL (for RC) or ALT (for switch unit) and double click on that icon.

• Like 1