18 hours ago, callofmarty said:

Hi Kex, would be possible to make something to force AI to go from point A to point B without delay and without making them go all tactical?

For example: when Im in zeus and need to spawn quickly group of enemies and send them from their location to point B, they usually if there is fire-fight near by, just go around and break away from the group.

I would welcome something, that when you send the group of AI from point A to point B, that they will go there in straight line no matter what.

...its really pain in the as* to work with AIs in zeus. 

Is it even possible?

Members of the community have been wrestling with this for a long time. Unfortunately, running like mad through a firefight is very much against the coding that BI uses for AI infantry. Which is a shame, because it's very cinematic and sometimes as Zeus you really, really need to get a group of AI from one point to another in a hurry. Upon making contact, AI tend to stop, drop to the ground, look around for the source of contact, then move against it in a wide flanking maneuver. Things that will stop them dead in their tracks are being unable to locate where the attack is coming from or encountering a force they don't think they can handle. The most effective way to deal with this that I've discovered is to change their subSkills, boosting courage and spot distance up to their maximum values. This won't turn them into Rambo characters that charge into battle, but it will allow them to steadily advance upon targets that are shooting at them, with minimal delays for finding and fixing enemy locations. Oh, and you have to set allow fleeing to "false" or they may disengage from contact entirely.

• Like 1

I updated to 0.0.7. The most notable features for vanilla are probably the vanilla bomb strike module, garage (vehicle attribute) and the lock door module.

@callofmarty

As diehardfc mentiond, you can play with skill values. Furthermore, the ability module also allows tweaking AI behaviour e.g. prevent automatic combat mode.

However, there is no final solution to it.

@diehardfc

Good points. I will add allowFleeing to the ability module.

• Like 1

* Feature: Vanilla CAS modules: Implemented general config solution => support any 3rd party add-on.

Is it possible to make this step a little easier for us?

The CAS modules appear to be broken now, they spawn two of whatever unit you choose, which makes them instantly explode. I've tried with both vanilla and RHS units.

I can setup another animations for my units with see on animation viewer ares module if yes. how can i make a unit

play that animation ?

Edited by Laerte Leite

Regarding CAS module

I'm a bit shocked that such an issue was not observed in my final debug.

I want to resolve this issue fast, but I have one important question.

Does this issue only happen if Achilles is loaded on the server?  (server keys do not have to be considered)

@teddymosart1

It basically means that jets from any 3rd party add-ons are now available, provided that they have the compatible ammuntion.

@Laerte Leite

It's currently just the vanilla animation viewer. Hence, you can not yet use it for applying animations.

• Like 2

@oOKexOo I have the same thing happening as the other server admins. CAS modules is broken, with the mod also loaded serverside and key verification enabled

@oOKexOo I was testing on our groups dedicated server, with the mod loaded on the server. I'll run it without and see if it still happens.

UPDATE: Running Achilles on my client while not having it loaded on the server fixes the issue of having two jets spawn, however its very glitchy and the strikes land in a completely different area. Looks like the pilot and and plane are in separate locations fighting for control.

• Like 1

Same.... spawn... boom.  Two jets simultaneously explode.

ACE in use.

• Like 1

I've only just started using Ares and wow does it make Zeus SO much better. Is there a way to change the text colour when filtering or is that related to the mods UI settings not the base game? Sometimes it gets a little hard to see.

CAS module seems to work fine for me in editor, even with mod aircraft (FIR A-10A and C) so it must be server related. I'll see if I can test it on my server later and get back to you. 

Regarding CAS module

Thx SoylentScience, your report was exactly what I needed. I have an idea how to fix it.

@khaosmatical

I'm afraid I can't. Most handles for the Zeus interface seem to be hardcoded.

Edit: Regarding Lock door module

My notes in the change logs are not really written well on that one. Breachable doors can only be opened with demo charges.

Other features that are present in Sushi's Breach Script are not yet present.

Could the "Autoland " feature be used to designate NOE flight path for CAS to make them navigate inland at low altitude? Be used as a base feature for Autopiloted CAS?

On 29.04.2017 at 3:04 AM, oOKexOo said:

@diehardfc

1) I definitely want to introduce the non-local unit aspect to suppressive fire.

However, according to your description of the module's behaviour, it might be tricky to get it working with Werthles' HC kit.

The group members do indeed move in new groups during suppression and move back to the old one at the end.

The rationale for this procedure is that single AI groups do have a more desirable behaviour. In fact, it the module would be worthless otherwise.

2) I rather suspect that the issue is in the way the HC script works. I don't have a HC available.

The script below works for any non-local vanilla mortar in theory:

_mortar = _this select 1; 
[_mortar, [(position _mortar) vectorAdd [100,0,0], "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 1]] remoteExecCall ["commandArtilleryFire",_mortar];

If you still get issues with HC units, then the HC script has to be adjusted. Otherwise, it is more likely an Achilles issue which I might be able to fix with your help

@Belle_Reve

This is an outdated script, which was removed by Anton in 1.8. Since, I never had a version below 1.8, I even don't have that script. I plan to expand the "save mission sqf" feature in future anyway. 

If you just use empty vehicles for your compositions, you may want to check advanced compositions.

--break--

Edit: The 0.0.7 update will probably be published in the next few days.

The Github have old versions. If you could transfer this function and make it as additional, I would be very grateful to you.

Not work function Add objects in Zeus in 0.0.7

6nF2Rf0FWXY.jpg

cFtuSEkglDk.jpg

@john1

No way to adpat such features as they are hard-coded.

How about using the set altitude module?

@Belle_Reve

1) Lol, I skimmed through the branches instead of looking for releases. I got it now.

2) Achilles 0.0.7 requires ArmA 1.68! I always try to make use of newly introduced script commands.

• Like 1

Just published hotfix 0.0.7c.

I withdraw my previous statement that any plane from 3rd party add-ons should work for the CAS module.

It's more a trial and error situation. RHS is fine, but CUP for instance hardly works.

I won't consider fixing this issue as it would require an individual treatment for each incompatible plane.

Hi, after several hours of testing i found your most recent update to be the problem on my server. Long story short. your most recent update breaks my dedicated server. as previous versions worked Perfectly fine. this version causes my server to have "signature verification" issues. And not even i can join it when your most recent update is on the server. I didnt keep the previous version to roll back too. so, i have removed it completely. Sorry this is not a more comprehensive bug post however as i said i have already lost several hours to this problem. here is the list of mods on my server. It worked before. -mod=@cba;@CUPT;@CUPAsset;@RHSAF;@RHSUS;@RHSGF;@RHSSF;@ace3;@acex;@ALiVE;@Ares;@Gore -serverMod=@AliveServer;@Smoke;@AIMODS;@zeuTK;@AdvRopes;@Laxe;@Blood

@lordprimate

I never have signature verification enabled on my dedicated test server tbh.

So I just gave it a try with Achilles + CBA only and I had no issues.

Maybe it is a problem on your side or you got your version from PW6 which has a different key that might be broken.

BTW: All previous versions of Achilles can be downloaded on Github:

https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/releases

Can it fix it if you want to fill boxes that you also the arma 3 vanilla meü has to fill at the moment it disappears?

@GamerOnkel

I don't understand what issue you have with ammo box attributes.

Can you explain it in more details?