hey guys, anyone else having trouble with the new version of Achilles with Arma 1.68? It seems to prevent me from joining my server. I updated the keys on the server but i always get a session lost. i checked the entire mod set and it only happens when Achilles is running.

@norx_aengell

Why would you need them? Any effect can be spawned with the "Spawn Effect" module in the "Spawn" category.

Furthermore, the only really useful feature in the training module was the possibility to sent hints, which can be done in Achilles with the "Hint" module in category "Zeus".

@MrBagel

Yeah, it can be done analogously. I just forgot about TPs in the last update.

@asgar

It sounds like a server key issue though.

• Like 1

@oOKexOo i found the problem, in the playwithsix release there is a old key files in addition to the up to date one. i didn't look closely and copied both, which caused the connection issues

Since the 1.68 update I'm no longer able to place any of the compositions, I can still select them and see the global outline of where it is going to be placed. But it's not letting me place it down. This also applies for ZEC 's mod.

This has been a great update, Kex - thanks so much for the awesome new features! Some observations from a day or two of testing:

• I'm having the same problem with compositions; I can select them but not place them, with the exception of the teeny tiny BIS checkpoint comps, which have like four objects total.
  • Add/Remove Objects doesn't seem to work when you select "Units" alone, although the units are added or removed if you select "All." Static objects and game logics appear to work fine. Tested on Southern Sahrani from the CUP terrains.

@noilliz & @diehardfc

Yeah, 1.68 leads to several issues. I also noted that damage vehicle components is broken.

Time for yet another hot fix.

• Like 1

I think its because of the 1.68 but i cannot place groups of buildings in zeus anymore

I just started with a series of tutorials to cover Achilles in more detail.

Ares Mod - Achilles Expansion: Tutorial Series

@voodoo23

Well, the vanilla ones still work. It seems that only custom compositions are affected, since ZEC has the same problems. I suspect a change in the config structure, but I'm not sure yet.

• Like 2

Hi oOKexOo

I confirm the crash I got in 0.0.6 on the crates contents is not occuring in 0.0.6c.

Achilles is definitly a must have for me, many thanks for this wonderful mod!

To be fair, only the issue with compositions was actually caused by the 1.68 update.

All should be now fixed in hotfix (0.0.6d).

• Like 2

What more is planned for this mod?  This is a really useful mod....Can I bother you for one thing ,could this add all mods type air to CAS?  And somehow make Support Requester  and Provider auto-sync to the player,then put all air in a Support Pool of planes in Factions to choose from?  Cas is a little limited as for now...

@john1

I guess you mean the vanilla CAS modules. The mod designer has to specify in the config that his jet can be used for the module. RHS has done this for instance.

I can check the BIS module function for alternative ways to get any jet working.

Support Module was already requested.

Task lists can be found in the issue tracker. Note that they are provisional though. I will have to postpone some features.

Hey! I am wondering how to make your own "Custom Compositions". I have tried the module in the Development tools, not working tho.

If anyone has a link to a tutorial or knows how to do it please reply or contact me.

Thanks in advance!

@SilentSamuraii

I did not yet cover that topic in the tutorial series.

Nonetheless, Liru already did a video on that topic (Youtube link).

Some notes:

- All objects will be attached to the basis object.

- Advanced compositions currently only works for emtpy objects.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2017 at 7:37 PM, oOKexOo said:

To be fair, only the issue with compositions was actually caused by the 1.68 update.

All should be now fixed in hotfix (0.0.6d).

I'm still encountering the composition placement bug after updating to 0.0.6d. Could there be a mod conflict?

@diehardfc

I can't think of many possibilities for such an issue.

Either your 0.0.6d version is broken or you have an older version loaded as well, such that the composition config is overwritten.

Hi :D.

achilles\ui_f\dialogs\RscDialogDynamic.hpp, line 36: '/Ares_Dynamic_Dialog/controls/Ares_Content.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line