So, I just noticed a few things missing from Zeus when I have Achilles loaded up, and I want to know if anyone else is missing them?

The Zeus colored smoke drops, simulated tracer fire and smoke plumes, and colored flares are all missing when I have Achilles loaded. 
When using Vanilla Zeus or Ares, those functions are still there for Zeus.

Is this by design with Achilles or am I experiencing some sort of issue with my mod loadout to cause this problem?

Found them under Spawn effects.  Wasn't looking hard enough I guess.

On 1/20/2017 at 5:55 PM, oOKexOo said:

@TG_Dirty

Well, it's implemented since 0.0.5. Just check for the "Change Altitude" module in "AI Behaviour" category. The module also works for divers and SDV.

Thanks a bunch for the answer.

Have a good one,

D

On 1/18/2017 at 0:05 AM, diehardfc said:

I'm seeing a slight improvement in the time it takes to transition to Zeus when testing locally. I'm hoping that translates to server testing, as well. For your next update, would you consider adding a feature to the Change Abilities module? I'd love to see PATH as an option to disable, so that I could move around units within a group and not have them leave their positions while maintaining the full ability to rotate and target. Disabling MOVE leaves them unable to turn and they only fire at what's right in front of them.

I am happy to report that the transition from player to Zeus is also occurring much more quickly on our dedicated server. As a result, TFAR is disconnected for a shorter period time, which makes systems happier. Thanks for this!

Any thoughts on adding PATH to the Change Abilities module?

Hello, really great work with this.

Slight issue, occasionally when editing missions with Achilles on it's creating a dependency for it, even if I remove it from the mission sqm it will automatically recreate if I save with Achilles running.

Is there something which I should avoid doing to stop this dependency being created?

Cheers!

9 hours ago, diehardfc said:

I am happy to report that the transition from player to Zeus is also occurring much more quickly on our dedicated server. As a result, TFAR is disconnected for a shorter period time, which makes systems happier. Thanks for this!

Any thoughts on adding PATH to the Change Abilities module?

Since it's not a bad idea to have the PATH option and it won't break anything (as far as I know), did I create a pull request for v0.0.6

So it might take some time before it's available, but at least you'll know it will be there in the (near) future :)

see: https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/pull/46

• Like 1

When I set Reinforcements I do not get control of them.  Is the right?

44 minutes ago, bobbart said:

When I set Reinforcements I do not get control of them.  Is the right?

They are Zeus units just like anything else you have added.

Ok so as a Zeus I should see them on the left panel and have the ability to move them around correct?

On 22-1-2017 at 6:16 PM, Mashroom said:

Hello, really great work with this.

Slight issue, occasionally when editing missions with Achilles on it's creating a dependency for it, even if I remove it from the mission sqm it will automatically recreate if I save with Achilles running.

Is there something which I should avoid doing to stop this dependency being created?

Cheers!

It seems that it will add a dependency of "achilles_data_f_achilles" when you add any of the H-Barriers or Sandbags (non-Tanoa) to your mission...

See the full list in this config file data_f_achilles/config.cpp to see the items which are affected.

I've created a support ticket regarding this, and will probably be fixed with the next version of Achilles.

Until then there are only 2 possible workarounds:

1) Don't enable AresAchilles when you work on a (new) mission in Eden.

2) Remove the dependency from the .sqm file before using in a game session or submitting it to the server.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, grezvany13 said:

It seems that it will add a dependency of "achilles_data_f_achilles" when you add any of the H-Barriers or Sandbags (non-Tanoa) to your mission...

See the full list in this config file data_f_achilles/config.cpp to see the items which are affected.

I've created a support ticket regarding this, and will probably be fixed with the next version of Achilles.

Until then there are only 2 possible workarounds:

1) Don't enable AresAchilles when you work on a (new) mission in Eden.

2) Remove the dependency from the .sqm file before using in a game session or submitting it to the server.

Thanks mate that's all I needed to know, hopefully it'll get fixed but not the end of the world!

Possible to play music tracks and make it stay on?  When I try to continue to modify the mission,it will shut down ,won`t play. 

Someway to do this?

@john1

What do you exactly mean with modify? As far as I know, the current running music will only stop for Zeus if he places a "Play Music" module.

@bobbart

Yeah, they are in the list.

Hi, when the any update is comming? Playing without console or stance control is a bit hard. Will you provide any update in this part? 

Greetings. 

Hello, Since the last update, I receive an error ?

182280Sanstitre.png

Thx

3 hours ago, Hammmer said:

Hi, when the any update is comming? Playing without console or stance control is a bit hard. Will you provide any update in this part? 

Greetings. 

Please don't ask for updates, it's considered spamming, and is against the forum rules, thank you.

@Hammmer

What do you mean with no console and stance control?

Is there any issue I don't know about?

Setup:  Arma 3 (1.66.139586), CBA (3.1.2), ACE3 (3.8.3), Task Force Radio (0.9.12), Achilles (0.0.5). Results included in screenshots below. The console for each unit is disabled and stance, speed options are disabled too. 

http://imgur.com/a/2UzNP

Since last update of teampseak or task force radio I can't speak with controled AI, and I hear player around me.

33 minutes ago, Royal Eagles said:

Since last update of teampseak or task force radio I can't speak with controled AI, and I hear player around me.

Thats a task force radio error not Ares error. They do have a solution on their site.