Hi all,

0.0.5 update is completed by now.

Notes:

1) CED 0.0.4d has become obsolete, since I integrated the improved initialization in 0.0.5.

In contrast to CED 0.0.4d , 0.0.5 also works on official zeus maps, even if the mod is not loaded to the server.

2) CBA_A3 is now mandatory without exception. In contrast to previous versions, you won't be able to get the mod working properly.

Edit:

@GokouZWAR

Seems that I have to review the injury module. Additional options such as blood pressure would definitely be useful. I probably also have to seek help from ACE-team, as I'm not very familar with the medical system on script level.

• Like 1

any reason why Ares puts a dependency in the mission if you use ares in the editor to place down bases or roadblocks?

• Like 2

More thx more the update !

For the next, can you add the ability to create triggers ?

And playsound3d with some song of your choice like radio, tv ambiance russian, us, ....

Is there any trick to using the rappelling functions? I have advanced rappelling installed, but I can't seem to get the AI to rappel out of a helo with either the specific waypoint or the reinforcement module. With the WP, it just sits there and won't move, and with the reinforcement module the helo will fly to the location and then more or less fall out of the sky and explode. Any tips or tricks that I might be missing?

@rekkless

It used to be much worse with add-on dependencies. It seems that BIS did some changes.

I don't know yet why compositions in Ares create dependencies, whereas they don’t in ZEC.

I have to check that out.

@Royal Eagles

1) I have to reorganize the task lists first, but it is likely that triggers are scheduled for 0.0.6.

2) I got the custom sounds feature on the task list, but it is not yet assigned. It would be a nice feature, but I honestly have more important stuff on the list.

At least custom music can already be defined.

@baron556

This might be confusing, but in contrast to Ares, Advanced Rappelling is a server side add-on.

You can easily check if Advanced Rappelling is loaded correctly by locally executing the code below with the "Execute Code" module:

systemChat str isNil "AR_Rappel_All_Cargo";

If the code returns "false" instead of "true" as a chat message, you're good to go.

Using ACE and its native fastrope script.  The waypoint action works just fine for me (if not just a little wonky when you don't do the waypoints properly).

7 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Using ACE and its native fastrope script.  The waypoint action works just fine for me (if not just a little wonky when you don't do the waypoints properly).

Weeeeeeeeeelllll... hold on a minute. When playing locally, no issue at all.  When putting up the mission on a dedicated, fastroping glitches.  AI flails helplessly at the top of the rope and eventually falls to their death.  Players have similar issue where forst out does the same thing, falls to their death and anyone else onboard just ends up flying off with the chopper.

@lawndartleo

This is exactly why I recommend using Advanced Rappelling. In contrast to the ACE3 version, the fast roping works perfect in MP as well.

@Royal Eagles

For what is already implemented, you can check the change logs. For future plans, you can check the provisional task lists on github.

However, as I stated earlier, I have to reorganize the list by push some stuff to 0.0.7.

Hi, first of all, I would really like to thank you for all your amazing work on this mod. I''ve been using it alot and it's really useful. Then I would like to make a suggestion: you could integrate this script that creates effects such as AA fire, artillery shells and tracers. I know some of these are already available in zeus, but adding this kind of content might help mission makers to create ambience around the player on the flight. As you can see in the introductory video even the artillery is just an FX, doesn't make a huge impact on FPS, and you might make it so that if you delete the object around which the FX are spawned they stop spawning so that the mission maker can delete them if players get too close. Thank you again for your work, keep it up!!!! :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30972

I already have a grumbly bunch when it comes to the mod list... "Oh, great, what did you add now!!!"  I just remind them I am unpaid and they are welcome to take over.

So far, no takers.

4 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@lawndartleo

This is exactly why I recommend using Advanced Rappelling. In contrast to the ACE3 version, the fast roping works perfect in MP as well.

For the life of me I can not get this to work.  
I have the mod load with the client.  I login to the server as Zeus and I do not see anything different.

I got reports that the initalization of 0.0.5 is not as good as CED 0.0.4d. Hence, I may consider to release a CED 0.0.5 version.

@thelo14

Those FX effects definitely look nice. This might be a good replacement for the vanilla tracers effect module.

@bobbart

It sounds like an obvious issue that lacks of reproducibility.

You can try one of the two procedures below and see if one of them works for you:

Addons was set to value=3, adding it to the server made it work.

How do I get the options that show up as a circle with a line thru it?  Such as changing the AI behavior.

Can you add the possibility of hearing the players via the radio task force without being beside them, but via the camera zeus ? Please ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Royal Eagles said:

Can you add the possibility of hearing the players via the radio task force without being beside them, but via the camera zeus ? Please ?

This would be amazing, but I suspect it's a big engineering feat.

Kex, thanks for the update to 0.0.5. I'm seeing a slight improvement in the time it takes to transition to Zeus when testing locally. I'm hoping that translates to server testing, as well. For your next update, would you consider adding a feature to the Change Abilities module? I'd love to see PATH as an option to disable, so that I could move around units within a group and not have them leave their positions while maintaining the full ability to rotate and target. Disabling MOVE leaves them unable to turn and they only fire at what's right in front of them.

9 hours ago, Royal Eagles said:

This is something out of scope for AresAchilles and is a (missing) feature of TFAR and/or ACRE.

I did notice a feature in TFAR which should solve this (by attaching radio to the curator camera), but it doesn't seem to be by default.

6 hours ago, succo said:

the control G option for dismounting no longer works for me.

Dismounting is attached to 'V' by default in v0.0.5, however it can now be changed:

https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/wiki/Key-Assignements

I'm trying to use the reinforcement module with UNSUNG 3 mod but I cant see anything other than vanilla units?

If you guys implement something like the "air flight" zeus option from the Curator Presets Mod, that would be awesome :)

@Royal Eagles

1) No, it means that you should ask TFAR team for such a feature.

2) The advanced compositions can be spawned with the corresponding module in the "Spawn" category.

The data is saved in an array in the profile namespace called "Achilles_var_compositions". It's just an array, so it won't help you much.

I also discourage you from tampering with the profile namespace if you are not familiar with scripting. You can do more harm than good.

@Mcfeegle007

I don't have that mod, but commonly the problem is that they used different names for the type of vehicle in the module tree.

Most add-ons work fine, since they stick to the vanilla names.

@TG_Dirty

Well, it's implemented since 0.0.5. Just check for the "Change Altitude" module in "AI Behaviour" category. The module also works for divers and SDV.

• Like 1