@diehardfc

The disadvantage of Achilles CED is that it does not work in any case. Please make sure that

1. Curator module does allow unofficial add-ons
  2. No curator cost modules are present
  3. If it does still not work: start server with Achilles CED loaded

I don’t think it has to do with the particular map, but rather with the mission.

@silentghoust

1) The door lock module is definitely planned and is also on the original list of features.

2) So basically a new option for the “surrender moduleâ€.

@grezvany13

You just made that poll obsolete xD.

@grezvany13&@silentghoust

I prefer BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd which is based on the script command addAction, but offers additional options such as a countdown for action completion.

Basically the “spawn intel†module does already provide most of what you have suggested, but I agree that it can be extended in future.

I don't know if most players are aware of all the options that module provides.

You can place it on any object to add an intel and furthermore, you can edit old assigned intels for an object if you place the module again on it.

I like grezvany13’s suggestion to add new predefined actions in addition to “add intelâ€, although we have to think of what kind of actions might be util.

@ EviloverlordZurg

I first have to further improve the reinforcement module. Based on that, it shouldn’t be hard to provide a convoy spawner in addition.

Hi Kex,

first of all, Achilles is a great mod, which enhances the enjoyment in Zeus missions quite a lot. I have a feature request/sugesstion. As there's already a custom waypoint type for the ACE-Fastroping would it be possible to do the same thing for the "Advanced Rappeling" Addon by Duda?

Maybe it would also be a cool feature on the Reinforcement Module to choose the insertion type of the reinforcements (landing and unboarding or fastroping) if there's a fastrope addon installed.

Is there a quick/easy way to add suicide bombers and VBIED's through Achilles?

Also we run VCOM AI on our server and I hit an issue the other night with units that I was placing down to guard a prisoner. They wouldn't stay in the house I put them in, but would continuously run off to join the fight. Has anyone dealt with this issue before and is there an easy way (short of disabling VCOM on the server) around it?

On 12/13/2016 at 2:15 AM, JD Wang said:

Is there a quick/easy way to add suicide bombers and VBIED's through Achilles?

Also we run VCOM AI on our server and I hit an issue the other night with units that I was placing down to guard a prisoner. They wouldn't stay in the house I put them in, but would continuously run off to join the fight. Has anyone dealt with this issue before and is there an easy way (short of disabling VCOM on the server) around it?

I have this pretty basic suicide vest function if you want to give it a try:

Link removed.

@Paul Oesterle

1) I know Advanced Rappeling is a popular add-on and in my opinion it should be part of ACE3. At least back to the point I implemented that waypoint, the animation in MP was very bad for the ACE3 version. I can think of a solution that will use the Advanced Rappeling scripts if the module is loaded, but I want to check first how different they perform.

2) I intend to extend the reinforcement modul with new options such as paradrop and fastroping.

@JD Wang

1) You could use 654wak654's script for instance. The implementation of custom modules is quite easy (e.g. type the code below in "Execute code" module or mission init.sqf):

["My Category", "My Module", { _unit = _this select 1; hint name _unit; }] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

2) I generally don't recommend to use AI mods in combination with Zeus. They sure do a good job for purely script controlled AI. However, for Zeus they commonly interfere too much such that they are harder to control.

This is just my personal opinion. If you do want to use VCOM anyway, I would try to use the "Change Ability" module and set the "move" to "false". By chance VCOM won't affect that attribute.

So does adding that code to the mission init add a function to Ares?

If so VCOM has the commands 

this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; 

this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

which disable VCOM on a unit completely or stop it from affecting waypoints.
Could I basically add a module to apply those commands to a unit or group effectively turning off VCOM for any units I apply it to? 

12 hours ago, JD Wang said:

So does adding that code to the mission init add a function to Ares?

If so VCOM has the commands 

this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; 

this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

which disable VCOM on a unit completely or stop it from affecting waypoints.
Could I basically add a module to apply those commands to a unit or group effectively turning off VCOM for any units I apply it to? 

In short you could add the following script (either in custom mod or mission);

[
  "VCOM",
  "Disable AI",
  {
    _unit = _this select 1;

_unit setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; 
    _unit setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];
  }
] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;

This would then be available as a Zeus module under 'VCOM' -> 'Disable AI'.

Please note that it requires a bit more code to make sure it works 100% (eg. check if you really selected an AI unit), but the sample should already do "something" (except for giving errors).

• Like 1

Its wonderful that you can execute code in some objects. But it is only possible for certain ones like vehicles and ammo boxes. Double clicking on static objects like barrels doesnt do anything. Would it be possible to add scripts to those objects during ingame as well?

Hello Kex,

Im missing few features in achilles

1. Select specific damage to vehicle while the players are inside. This was possible with @curator present mod, obsolete since some patch.

I know that zeus can do specific damage to vehicle, but players cannot be inside it.

2. Missing the init field when i double click on certain items. Of course this can be compensated via module, cant remember the name. This feature was in MCC.

3. Add to zeus only editable stuff or only players. Meaning: Zeus - Add objects to zeus.

4. Count down clock, that doesn't end the game, just says 00:00

Thank you for answer.

On 20-12-2016 at 1:40 PM, BUZZ KILLINGTON said:

Every time my mate trys to join my server he gets kicked right the fuck back to the server list without getting any messages?

I doubt that that is caused by AresAchilles. It's probably because of a version mismatch (either ArmA or mods).

Better check the RTP files and try the regular help forums to solve the issue.

On 21/12/2016 at 4:01 PM, grezvany13 said:

I doubt that that is caused by AresAchilles. It's probably because of a version mismatch (either ArmA or mods).

Better check the RTP files and try the regular help forums to solve the issue.

Nope its ares... I play with him and 4 others fine with absolutely tons of mod fine but with this one none of them are able to join :( Its a real shame because i have been messing around with this mod by myself and it seems amazing

@zafjr

There are two ways to do it:

1) Place the "execute code" module right on top of the object. Your object is then the second argument (_this select 1).

2) You can assign the object to a global variable by placing the "Bind Variable to Object" module. The variable can then be used in the "execute code" module for instance.

@callofmarty

1) If you edit vehciles (double click), you can press the red button "Damage", which allows you adding specific damage to components similar to CPM.

This button should also show up in the case a player is driving the vehicle. If it is not the case for you, please let me know.

2) The module you are looking for is the "execute code" module located in the "development tools" category. Your argument is _this = [module position, target object].

I can also think about a code section for the edit menu as in MCC.

3) Yeah, I know this module need some improvement in future.

4) Maybe this could be a new objective module.

@BUZZ KILLINGTON

I agree with grezvany13 on this one. It is unlikely that this would be an inherent issue of the mod as such.

Again as grezvany13 suggested, you should check RTP files first. If you want to get help, you should give as much informations as possible, otherwise it's just impossible to track the real issue. Also coincidence does not always impy causation.

17 hours ago, oOKexOo said:

@callofmarty

1) If you edit vehciles (double click), you can press the red button "Damage", which allows you adding specific damage to components similar to CPM.

This button should also show up in the case a player is driving the vehicle. If it is not the case for you, please let me know.

Thanks for reply,

1) I'm letting you know that i cannot access vehicle when players are in it. Double click the vehicle players are in and nothing.

Hello guys

I use a modified version of "dynamic recon ops" to start with littles randomized objectiv and location. (Really cool) and modify the mission with zeus and achilles.

Did you add "ADV Zeus script" to manage script placed objects/units or units spawned during the mission in achilles ?

How to run it ?

If not, i will try to inplement it in my modified mission

Nice work achilles is rally usefull

Sorry for my english but i m french.

I found the function to add objects on map in achilles, really usefull !

A little improuvement whould be to add a filter to exclude animals or civilians.

@callofmarty

My bad. You're right it does not work. Task is assigned in #32.

@gonza

1) Achilles does not contain "ADV Zeus script" or a similar functionality.

The mission designer has the responsibility to assure the desired units are added as editable objects.

2) I intend to improve the "Add objects to Zeus" module (see #32)

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 11:43 PM, oOKexOo said:

2) I intend to improve the "Add objects to Zeus" module (see #32)

An "Add all player units to zeus" would be helpful :) For players that join in progress who arent automatically added to zeus.

@zafjr

Well, in the case of playable units it is rather the problem of the mission setup.

For instance, you can just place the code below in the init line of the playable unit:

if (isServer) then {{_x addCuratorEditableObjects [[this], true]} forEach allCurators};

I recently updated my pages about the add-on. We now have a small wiki that covers several aspects of the add-on and Zeus in general.

Note that the work is still in progress. There is not yet a tutorial for most module available. I think for those a tutorial video in future is more appropriate than an entry in the wiki.

If you have any suggestions or miss an entry, please let me know.

• Like 2

The new wiki pages mention 0.0.5 - getting close, I assume? :)

Great mod, thanks again.

Hello,

I don't know if this question as been answered yet, I did a research but nothing came up : why did u modified some of the vanilla objects? I got them listed as being part of your mod!

@hmarcbower

The features mentioned in the wiki are already implemented in the V.0.0.5 branch. I can't tell yet when the branch will be completed. If I intend to implement everything on the list, it will still take a while. However, I currently consider changing the plan, such that it might be completed by the end of next week.

@Yoyodef

I assume you are refering to inventory objects. They were slightly modified in Ares in order to get the Arsenal modules working properely. You just don't see the module icons in Virtual Arsenal for standard Ares, since it wasn't defined properly there.

• Like 1

Question on some ace3 medical options.

i use "random" injury types for all limbs, torso and head, but it only seems to apply injuries to the limbs. Is there a specific reason as to this?

Also when I select "Light" injury types it doesn't seem to do any injuries to the AI at all some times.

lastly when you set the unconscious to true, it basically throws the AI into a never ending unconscious state. Is there any way you can just drop their heart rate below 20 (so they go into cardiac arrest) and specifically set their blood volume to have them bleed out enough that they just pass out on their own from shock instead of using the AI force unconscious state? They never wake up is the problem even after they're fully healed and they have a solid heart rate and BP.

I find your mod very helpful for medical training! Thanks for keeping this going.