Hey oOKexOo i think i found an error from new arma update i try to use reinforment with ares  aquiles module i plan LZ and RP and all right but when i select from certain faction in my case rusian federation spawn no rusian federation faction it spawn next faction faction men it's like rusian federation was out of the game and jump to next faction ...?¿?¿?¿¿?

Can u fix it or is only my mods problem?

and man can u do than zeus can select one helicoter anyone form any faction and anyone squad or peloton from any faction and can spawn them on AMAE (Ares Mod Achilles Expansion)?.

Thanks man, i count the days to next Ares Achilles Expasion Update.

@Josefpm

1) It is strange that this issue shows up again. Can you list me all the mods (preferentially with version) you were running?

2) That question quite hard to read... Do you mean that you want to be able to fill a vehilce with units from any faction as reinforcement?

Edit: Update on CBA *.RPT spam: https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/issues/22

• Like 1

Hey, I have request / feasibility question here for the suppression module, would it be possible to work something similar with grenades and RPGs? Not exactly tactically sound but a lot of the less trained and disciplined forces are much more often to employ both of these against area targets ("I saw some guys over there, I'm gonna shoot an RPG at them!") especially in urban warfare. I've noticed that in certain instances the AI will do this on there own (engage dismounted infantry which is grouped together with an RPG), which I think is a big improvement, however I think from a Zeus standpoint this could prove very useful.

@Josefpm

1) It is strange that this issue shows up again. Can you list me all the mods (preferentially with version) you were running?

2) That question quite hard to read... Do you mean that you want to be able to fill a vehilce with units from any faction as reinforcement?

Edit: Update on CBA *.RPT spam: https://github.com/oOKexOo/AresModAchillesExpansion/issues/22

Thanks man i think its CBA error i try it and say you something.

Ohh, sorry for my poor english :-(, but thats right i want to be able to fill a vehicle any vehicle with unit from any faction as reinforcement, can u do this is will be great.

Thanks.

@irving_mainway

I have already tried to implement RPG as an option without success. There is a lack of an appropriate script command to force AI to switch to RPG.

As far as I know, AI tends to use launcher faster the higher their skill is (just an empiric observation).

On the other hand, I do not think that grenades are appropriate for the suppression module. 

Maybe we can use a similar solution to smoke grenades: If you select a unit and press C, it will throw smoke if available.

@Josefpm

Sorry, my comment on CBA was not related to the reinforcement module issue. 

It was a general hint for people here in the forum.

As I mentioned, I need more details in order to be able to reproduce the issue with the reinforcement module you reported.

@Josefpm

As I mentioned, I need more details in order to be able to reproduce the issue with the reinforcement module you reported.

Ok i`ll try to record a video in a few days and you can see it

@Josefpm

Ok her can see the error.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/400086242625798094/B412B31F864625A11EDD4386EB1C282C9342154E/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/400086242625801877/E8F199EA958F9A84C9653C838F708A13B2903456/

and oOKexOo

can we do our own reinforment pool like here: https://github.com/astruyk/Ares/wiki/Extras? and if is yes how can we do?

Thanks

@Josefpm

1) It seems to be an add-on specific issue. Where can I download that add-on?

2) The reinforcement pool extra is no longer available. The current reinforcement module automatically searches in the configs for all available factions with their corresponding vehicles and unit groups.

Thus, the module should be compatible with any add-on in principle (except the naming structure differs too much from the vanilla such that the search algorithm fails).

Hi all!

The Achilles 0.0.4 is out. It is rather a small update in comparison to 0.0.3, but nevertheless there are some new nice features.

Edit: Make sure to get version 0.0.4c!

@twakkie

The script errors in the RPT file are indeed caused by the fact that Achilles is missing on server side.
Nevertheless, Achilles works fine even if the server does not have the add-on loaded.
So either you just ignore the errors or you load the add-on to your server.
Btw. it does not seem to have to do with the 0.0.3 update of Achilles, since I also got similar errors with Ares 1.8.1.
  • Like 2

Can you make varible in window were unit edit. and init box (global varible) and few basic functions like removeallweapons/items, roll vehicle. and something to disable light in sity (not destroy) :D thx

and make player edit (damage, ammo, delete NVG, add flashlight) and player vehicle (fuel, cargo,damage, etc)

Please make sure to get version 0.0.4c instead of 0.0.4!

@ReDGamerR

1) There are already modules that allow assigning an object to a variable as well as executing code global on an object (both are in the development tools category).

2) The player edit menu was completely broken in the last update. It is now fixed in version 0.0.4c. 

For adding/removing NVG and rail attachments you can use the modules in the equipment category.

i really really like your ARES Achilles. THANKS A TON for creating this... :D :D

@twakkie

The script errors in the RPT file are indeed caused by the fact that Achilles is missing on server side.
Nevertheless, Achilles works fine even if the server does not have the add-on loaded.
So either you just ignore the errors or you load the add-on to your server.
Btw. it does not seem to have to do with the 0.0.3 update of Achilles, since I also got similar errors with Ares 1.8.1.

Thanks oOKexOo. Will do. 

@Josefpm

1) It seems to be an add-on specific issue. Where can I download that add-on?

2) The reinforcement pool extra is no longer available. The current reinforcement module automatically searches in the configs for all available factions with their corresponding vehicles and unit groups.

Thus, the module should be compatible with any add-on in principle (except the naming structure differs too much from the vanilla such that the search algorithm fails).

Hello well, the factions mod we use are:

RHS

FFAA

Mising Units

Project opfor

CPC Factions

all can be download from Armaholic.

Thanks can't wait for new release ....

Translated new version, also saw some my own mistakes in older translations.

Mistakes were translated correctly in stringtable, but here are old variants so you can see what was wrong

<Key ID="STR_DESTROY_BUILDINGS">
        <Original>Destroy Buildings</Original>
        <Russian>Создать Ñффект</Russian>
      </Key>

<Key ID="STR_CHANGE_SIDE_OF_PLAYER">
        <Original>Change side of player</Original>
        <Russian>Уничтожить зданиÑ</Russian>
      </Key>

<Key ID="STR_INCLUDE_EMPTY_VEHICLES">
        <Original>Include Empty Vehicles</Original>
        <Russian>Ð’ÐºÐ»ÑŽÑ‡Ð°Ñ Ð¾Ð±ÑŠÐµÐºÑ‚Ñ‹</Russian>
      </Key>

<Key ID="STR_SPAWN_EFFECT">
        <Original>Spawn Effect</Original>
        <Russian>ИÑточник Ñвета</Russian>
      </Key>

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yfgw0mfn4kg4xo/stringtable.xml?dl=0

I got an error when entering zeus mode, I think it's related to ARES (I tried only loading ARES + CBA and nothing else).

It says "Module Function is Missing"

Any clue guys ? Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Very excited for this new version, kex! The new suppression feature of orientation is spectacularly smart, and I really enjoy the extra options for tweaking unit behaviors. Just being able to Hold Fire is a real treat! I am going to try to test the TFAR compatibility at this weekend's operation. In addition, there seems to be an issue with the EQUIPMENT -> NVD/Tactical Light/IR module. It applies lights and IR devices to most rifles except for AKs. At first, I thought it was just the way they were configured in the RHS modpack, which is where I get most of my extra units, but then I added some BIS Syndikat forces, and they had similar problems. Oddly enough, Syndikat AKMs would not take a device, but AK-12s would. However, AK-12s refused to be activated by the Tactical Light/IR Laser On/Off module. Any idea what might be the problem? Thanks again for your hard work on this tool. It really is indispensable to my work as Zeus!

Hello thx for this mods very, very good job !!

But i have a probleme with AresMod AchilleExpansion and MCC 4 i'can't add or remove objects to zeus ares

And other feature, change time, weather, kill units with end, and other ...

Do you have a solution ?

Sorry for language, I'm French and thx !

i can confirmed the update broke the teleport system : when i try to teleport a single player, that's another player who is teleported

• Like 1

@Josefpm

I will have a look on these add-ons.

@Royal Eagles

It sounds like a MCC issue. Can you check if you still get the same problems under the same conditions but without Achilles?

@Igor Nikolaev

Thank you! Usually, I already have modified the stringtable in the newest branch such that I cannot directly replace it by yours.

That’s why I just copy the lines that are missing. If you have any corrections just list them as you did now.

@coolspy

Yeah this message is Achilles related and shows up for me in single player only. I think there is either no function specified in a particular Zeus module or the function specified is not defined.

Unfortunately, there is no hint in the RPT log file, so I haven’t found the error yet.

@ diehardfc

Vanilla AKs also don’t support rail attachments as far as I know.

Let me know about the current stage of the TFR compatibility.

@ Arma3_JSOC& voodoo23

Confirmed. The actual player list is alphabetically sorted, while in the combo box they are not.

If you test it with one player, as I did, you obviously won’t see that error.

Since the teleport module is one of the most important modules, a fast fix is needed.

So I will release version 0.0.4d till tomorrow.

Edit: Regarding polls

There will currently be no greek helmets in the module tree, but as I mentioned I want to make it optional in future (probably in version 0.0.6)

Result was 38:21

• Like 2

The issues with the player teleport module should now be fixed in 0.0.4d.

Please make sure to get 0.0.4d.

• Like 3