Hi... me again... More missing modules.

I.e. Smoke support.

22:09:15 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 51: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleChemlightBlue_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
22:09:15 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 57: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleFlareWhite_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
22:09:15 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 63: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleSmokeWhite_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
22:09:15 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 71: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleIRGrenade_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
22:09:15 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 72: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleTracers_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
22:09:15 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 74: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleBootcampStage_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'

22:09:37 Warning Message: Script \achilles\modules_f_ares\Behaviours\functions\fn_BehaviourArtilleryCreateTarget.sqf not found
22:09:37 Warning Message: Script \achilles\modules_f_ares\Behaviours\functions\fn_BehaviourLandHelicopter.sqf not found
22:09:37 Warning Message: Script \achilles\modules_f_ares\Behaviours\functions\fn_SurrenderSingleUnit.sqf not found
22:09:37 Warning Message: Script \achilles\modules_f_ares\Spawn\functions\fn_SpawnSmoke.sqf not found

@ravenleg

Thank you. This may help me to fix the issue.

@jarrad96

The module you are looking for is called “Copy mission SQF†which is located in the “development tools†category.

@serjames

1) I played a lot Zeus in the weekend although without TFAR, but I noticed that loading time was sometimes rather long if you stop remote control. Leaving remote control is already know to be quite expensive but with the new module loading it’s just too much. Probably I have to postpone the module loading to the point Zeus has reentered the interface.

2) I could fix the first block of errors, but the second block with the missing scripts only occurs to me if I have loaded Ares or an older version of Achilles at the same time. We also had that issue in PW6 version, since there were still files of the older version present.

@Igor Nikolaev

Thank you for the translation again. I will integrate it in 0.0.4.

Kex. Thanks for the feedback. Agreed it does seem to be the transition/delay that is causing this. Apparently Ares wasn't immune to this issue but it seems to be exaggerated with Achilles.

Will check the version we use...

If all works as intended, the next update is scheduled for next weekend.

I modified the module loading for the case TFAR is running. I hope it will fix the issue.

• Like 2

Hello oOKexOo,

First off thank you for this amazing mod, however i have a small question. Excuse me if it already has been asked but i was unable to find it.

I'm a huge fan of the advanced compositions, i was wondering if i'm able to share them with my friend. by extracting/importing them from the game or them being saved to a file.

Kind regards,

Noilliz 

Great work here! Does everyone who connects to a  sevrver need to have this running? Or just the server and the GMs?

Thanks...

Los

Hi there. The update obviously did not happen yet. I was very busy during the last weeks and could not yet complete 0.0.4.

I still hope it will be done soon.

@noilliz

The advanced compositions are stored in the profile namespace. There is currently no import/export function implemented.

The current only method is to place the compositions, ungroup them (CTRL + SHIFT + G) and let your friend to create the compositions for himself.

You can play Zeus GM mission for that purpose.

I admit it is not a good procedure and hence, an import/export feature is definitely needed.

@los18z

Actually, only GMs need to have Achilles loaded.

• Like 1

Amazing really really amazing. I love it and use a lot. THANKS for the mod.

can you implement more items like NVG on/off, in night mision some time u want unit with light in his gun but no night vision, and now if i want do this need enter in Arsenal equip unit with gun light and then turn on/off light i u can do one item to equip light on gun like NVG its was great for night mision on zeus.

and one guy here : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/175053-ares-modules-expanding-zeus-functionality-release-thread/page-22

converted the compositions to be compatible with the Eden-compositions system, last comment, is was a great add for teh mod.

Sorry i see avandce composition :-)

and how can do paradrop resupply from c-130 or helicopter like in first page image ... i try but .... can find the option.

Man really great mod.

Zeus mision + Ares Mod - Achilles Expansion is the future of Arma 3 missions on multiplayer servers

and how can do paradrop resupply from c-130 or helicopter like in first page image ... i try but .... can find the option.

I am waitning for this option to

Hi @oOKexOo

We LOVE Achilles, it is just amazing what you have done with the ARES mod. Thanks for all the work you have put into this!

We have been using your mods quite extensively on our dedicated server but since the last patch we keep getting a huge amount of spam on our rpt file like this:

Cannot create non-ai vehicle Achilles_Module_Base,
18:37:47 Cannot create object 3:12 with type[Entity], param[Achilles_Module_Base], NMT code[91]: 
18:37:47 Cannot create object 3:13 with type[AIUnit], param[unit], NMT code[113]: 
18:37:48 Client: Object 3:12 (type Type_93) not found.
18:37:48 Client: Object 3:12 (type Type_437) not found.
18:37:48 Client: Object 3:12 (type Type_439) not found.
18:37:48 Client: Object 3:13 (type Type_114) not found.
18:37:48 Client: Object 3:13 (type Type_115) not found.
18:37:48 Client: Object 3:12 (type Type_349) not found.

Now we know only the GM needs ARES but could it be because either the server or some clients arent running it, it is causing this error?

Cheers

Twak

I was going to use achilles, but it doesn't support customs modules from Ares.

I made some very nice modules that i was easily able to add to ares using the registercustommodule function. There is also great documentation on Ares on how to do it.

That feature is absent from achilles.

Ares has easy drag and drop feature and can be easily extended.

I feel like achilles is based out of an old Ares version. And Ares is supposed to be dead and not working.

Please add these features to achilles. That way we can port our Ares mods to Achilles.

Check out the script folder in Ares wiki and how easy it is to add new modules to ares.

a quick question, this mod needs to be installed only by the mission creater right? So no need to deploy it to all clients and server I assume.

All of the features can be used in MP ?

• Like 1

@Josefpm

An additional module for adding flashlights would definitely be useful.

@Josefpm&loopdk

You can para drop passengers with “SHIFT + Gâ€. This feature is already available since the very beginning.

@twakkie

I’m not yet sure what all those warnings in detail mean, but I’m sure it has something to do with the new way the init is done.

@darthun

Achilles is based on Ares 1.8.1 which is the newest version up to now.

Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule still works.

In contrast to Ares, the custom module is directly added without reloading the module tree, which may have irritated you.

Keep in mind that Ares_fnc_showChooseDialog has slightly changed:

There was an alternative syntax in the case you only had one control element, which is no longer supported.

Furthermore, you now have additional options such as sliders. e.g. below:

_dialogResult = 
[
	"Example Dialog",
	[
		["Choose",["Choice 0","Choice 1"]],	// returns index of choice
		["Slider", "SLIDER"],			// returns slider value between 0 and 1
		["Text","","Default Text"],		// returns string
		["Side","ALLSIDE"]			// returns side index: Zeus Icon (sideLogic) |-> 0; east |-> 1; west |-> 2; independent |-> 3; civilian |-> 4
	]
] call Ares_fnc_showChooseDialog;

systemChat str _dialogResult; 				// e.g. [1,0.453,"Default Text",3]

@Devastator_cm

The mod is intended to be run by a player in a Zeus slot. In the MP case only the Zeus player has to run the mod.

• Like 2

@Josefpm&loopdk

You can para drop passengers with “SHIFT + Gâ€. This feature is already available since the very beginning.

THis is wery nice, tnx sir..

is there a doc with other shortcuts like that?

• Like 1

When entering the Zeus interface the following script error spams the client .rpt.  Not a small amount of spam either; caused the client .rpt to reach well over 2 MB in size.  link to .rpt file

1:09:20 Error in expression <= _pos distance curatorcamera;
if (_dis < _fadeEnd) then {
_coef = linearconvers>
 1:09:20   Error position: << _fadeEnd) then {
_coef = linearconvers>
 1:09:20   Error <: Type code, expected Number,Not a Number

I noticed tonight we had a player teleported to join his group BUT as he was already in a helicoper the entire Helicoper and ALL the other players in it were also teleported mistakenly and of course killed when the helicopter smashed into the gound where the player group was. I think that Ares blocked this somehow, could you bring it back or teleport the player from the vehcile BEFORE teleporting him to the ultimate destination.

link to video showing the ensuing carnage... https://youtu.be/wegis2LooO8?t=25m32s

Hi oOKexOo

Just a question. Has the version you have here 003 Alpha been pushed to PW6 and Steam?

Regards

C

I found a bug with Suppressive Fire. If I create more than two (2) Suppression Targets, the Suppressive Fire module returns an error message when placed on a unit. It says "NO TARGET AVAILABLE!", even if it's a unit that has already fired at a Suppression Target. This occurs in single player and multiplayer, with a full suite of active mods, such as CBA, ACE3, and RHS.

@loopdk

There are only a few shortcuts, but they are all documented in the in-game field manual.

@Rellikplug

This is a CBA issue. I also get this error in the case only CBA is running.

@serjames

To teleport the entire vehicle is a feature that was requested in this forum some time ago.

I guess the best solution is to make the feature optional.

@twakkie

The version I post here is always the same that is also on steam. In contrast, I do not have direct control of the PW6 upload. The PW6 team also updated the version to 003 Alpha, however they use a different bikey by default.

@ diehardfc

Thx for the report. I obviously have never placed more than two suppression targets so far.

• Like 1

Where can i finde the game fiels manual?

Pause the game and there is a field manual menu. The Ares-Achilles field manual is near the bottom.

• Like 1

See that there is a lot of activity on this thread, Still curious if you have been able to ever load and save Eden Compositions in Zeus ? 

Really trying to find a way to get the MBT Killhouses loaded in Zeus as well as custom templates, cannot for the life of me find anything to impliment this and still wondering why BI never made this a feature with eden

Saw you had initially posted something similar to the issue I was having. Wonder if you were ever able to tackle this ?

Thanks

Ideas for later updates:

·    Load and safe custom Eden compositions (I still hope BIS will provide a command in future)

@shrike88

I am still convinced that the only true solution to save/load custom compositions without the help of BIS is done with extensions

I actually tried to implement it quite a while ago, but I terribly failed. So I leave it BIS to do it.

As I assume you just look for any solution, you can use a SQF exporter such as M3Editor 3DEN Edition (did not try that one yet).

Once you managed to spawn it with the "execute code" module, you can create an advanced compositions of it.