I got something somone can help me:

I got the following line in the init : 

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "Ares")) then
{
["_Quarantaine", "Scavenger", {[[_this select 1, "loadout\multiLoadout.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
//more stuff
};

it was working perfectly in the 0.02.

Now in 0.03 the the module has been reorganized, and the module cannot load the the path to the RegisterCustomModule function. This function is the main thing I was using the Ares to spawn custom stuff. 

More, each time I'm going Zeus, whatever other mods are added or not, I got a warning: "Init : Module missing function"

Any idea?

Thanks

@hmarcbower

I see that some players perfer the Ares icons instead of the informative icons.

As I steated earlier, I want to make it optional.

@zuzul

1) The Patch class "Ares" does not exist anymore. Try this instead:

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >>  "achilles_functions_f_ares")) then
{

Edit: You may want to use remoteExec instead on BIS_fnc_MP, since the latter is only an artefact left for compatibility reasons.

2) I guess you got this warning in SP. I'm not yet sure where it does come from, but you shouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1

@zuzul

1) The Patch class "Ares" does not exist anymore. Try this instead:

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >>  "achilles_functions_f_ares")) then
{

Edit: You may want to use remoteExec instead on BIS_fnc_MP, since the latter is only an artefact left for compatibility reasons.

2) I guess you got this warning in SP. I'm not yet sure where it does come from, but you shouldn't worry about it.

First of all, thank you for your time. I really appreciate this, despite I'm sure you have better this to do. I'm really sorry for the waste of time. 

I already tried to use "achilles_functions_f_ares" by I just stopped to the multiplayer view in the editor! On dedicated server, this solution is working with a lot of mods running, but not in any preview (SP or MP) done in Eden. Funny things, once I've made it run on dedicated server, the functions from my init file are working in MP preview in Eden (it was not the case before). 

Now everything is working weel, thanks for your help !

@oOKexOo - thanks for yr GREAT work

@zuzul

Glad I could help.

Regarding to PW6 upload:

For whatever reason PW6 team signed the files of the add-on on their own.

Hence, you won't be able to connect to servers with key restriction.

I will try to contact them to fix it.

was just wondering if its possible to add a search feature and not have subsection things open (so you don't have everything open).

@jdownward

A search bar is already avaiable in the vanilla dev branch. It's just a matter of time.

@Kasli Catal

I had a look on the module. My conclusion is that there is no need for such a module,

since all it does is creating a "seek and destroy" waypoint, nothing more.

Regarding to PW6 upload:

I was informed that *.pbo signing by PW6 is a standard procedure.

If you have any problems with the PW6 version, please let me know.

Hi kex. I noticed that Achilles is making some unusual RPT references. With "Logging" commands periodically. Is that deliberate and is it needed ? Cheers. Sj

oops... also spotted the following RPT Errors

14:04:41 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 51: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleChemlightBlue_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
14:04:41 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 57: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleFlareWhite_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
14:04:41 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 63: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleSmokeWhite_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
14:04:41 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 71: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleIRGrenade_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
14:04:41 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 72: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleTracers_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
14:04:41 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 74: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleBootcampStage_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
14:04:41 File achilles\modules_f_achilles\cfgVehiclesModuleBase.hpp, line 75: '/CfgVehicles/ModuleHint_F.scopeCurator': Missing ';' prior '}'
14:04:41 File achilles\ui_f\cfgHints.hpp, line 50: '/cfgHints/Ares/RCvehicleCrew.description': Missing ';' at the end of line
  • Like 1

@serjames

Thank you for the notification. I obviously failed to do a final check in the *.RPT log file for the latest update...

I will have them fixed asap.

Plans for version 0.0.4

Version 0.0.4 is focused on new options in the edit menu for vehicles and units.

Qr-j

• Like 4

Since several zeus players asked for the old module tree representation, I made a poll for it.

As I earlier stated, there will be an option in the settings where you can choose between the two options,

but it won't be implemented soon. Therefore, you can now decide which representation should be used in the meantime.

Edit: Known issues in 0.0.3: The intel spawning and surrender modules are not very stable yet.

Hello

I have encountered a problem. I can log into Zeus only once, when I create the mission. Otherwise I am getting this error(pic below). Seems like Ares is taking too long to load, so TFAR thinks I am not on teamspeak and produces this bug. I have already tried validating game files, recreated my modline, redownloaded tfar and ares. I am getting this message for about a week now, before it was all good. I know there is probably nothing you can do about it, but still worth reporting I guess.

8F15A37A07686F28ACEFB8B95026B62D02F84484

@edit: Sometimes zeus interface loads properly and after 2 seconds error above pops up.

Plans for version 0.0.4

Version 0.0.4 is focused on new options in the edit menu for vehicles and units.

Very exciting news! I just downloaded v.0.0.3, and I really loved the many improvements. I was especially fond of the changes to Suppression and the return of Animals. Great work, Kex!

Since you're working on options for units, I was wondering if you'd be willing to take a shot at one of the bogeymen of Arma: AI behavior. Sometimes a curator needs units to advance, even though it doesn't make sense or they're under fire or they're covering a moving ally. Unfortunately, Arma AI has some very strict rules about what to do when they get into contact. Sadly, this usually means lying down and not moving for a looong time, typically at a range that favors the players more than the AI. I, and many other community members, would love to see the option to force AI to move, no matter what else is going on around them. Maybe call it RUSH or CHARGE or something. I know this could be achieved through some scripting back in the old 2D editor, something to do with hold fire waypoints and Blue setCombatMode. These options don't appear in Zeus, however. In fact, the only thing that seems to immediately change AI behavior are options like your Suppression module, so if that could be used as a framework, I would be happy to utilize it along with RUSH or CHARGE targets.

And in that vein, there is no HOLD FIRE option in Zeus! Is that something you could add to Achilles?

Hello

I have encountered a problem. I can log into Zeus only once, when I create the mission. Otherwise I am getting this error(pic below). Seems like Ares is taking too long to load, so TFAR thinks I am not on teamspeak and produces this bug. I have already tried validating game files, recreated my modline, redownloaded tfar and ares. I am getting this message for about a week now, before it was all good. I know there is probably nothing you can do about it, but still worth reporting I guess.

@edit: Sometimes zeus interface loads properly and after 2 seconds error above pops up.

My community has determined that TFAR may have some instability that is enhanced while using Zeus. Each time a curator enters or leaves Zeus or uses Remote Control on a unit, TFAR deactivates and then reactivates. I don't have logs, but some kind of huge memory usage seems to occur when this happens, with the effect of locking up Arma, Teamspeak, or all of Windows. Numerous times I have only been able to recover by power cycling my computer. There is anecdotal evidence to suggest that the likelihood of this problem occurring is related to how long it takes to transition into and out of different Zeus functions. And since Achilles increases those transition times, it's possible the mod is inadvertently contributing to the problem.

@diehardfc

Did some more testing, looks like the amount of running mods created this snag, as my group uses quite a lot. So the cause is simply my not-so-master-race PC.

Also suggestion: "spawn" category - light with adjustable radius and brightness

@diehardfc

The suppressing fire works indeed surprisingly well, but there is no analogon for running known to me that works under any circumstance. I already did several tests with different script commands such as setCombatMode / disableAI / setBehaviour / doFSM + FSM script. You can also read about how challenging this task is in other topics. The "careless" behaviour can help you in certain cases and is part of 0.0.4. I also implemented the different engaging rules as options (e.g. hold fire). Actually, you can already see them on the screenshot I posted recently.

@Focisz diehardfc

Well, I have to admit that I had to change the way the init is done. The problem was that Ares modules were not loaded correctly on vanilla zeus maps since the zeus module is not configured for custom add-ons there. I managed to fix that problem, but obviously TFAR doesn't like that new way so much in certain cases. I honestly don't know how TFAR works in details, but I hope I can figure out the problem.

I want to add new options for light sources. I had to ensure that the module works properly first.
  • Like 2

I suspect that BIS did not correctly define the number of passenger seats for the FIA vehicles (e.g. truck and offroad). I will try to correct it the config in future.

I know this was from a while ago (was reading back through the thread tonight), but if you're still having trouble with accurately counting vehicle passenger seats, this post I wrote a while back might help (BIS broke many of their vehicle slot query functions after introducing firing from vehicles in v1.34):

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189522-how-to-find-vehicle-cargopassengerffv-seat-capacity/?p=3002293

And thanks so much for all your hard work in continuing to carry on the development of a fantastic and necessary mod!

I may be a bit out of date, but an older version of Ares had a function where you could export a group of Zeus objects to a text document on your desktop as a way to save it, and then paste them back in spawn those again. It was incompatible with placed units, but otherwise worked really well for Zeus mission making, rather than relying on editor compositions (which were only on dev branch at that time) - Is that function or something similar still in Ares/ Achilles, and if so, what module/ name is it?

I appreciate you taking a look at the problem, Kex - I agree that it's something that the community has been trying unsuccessfully for years to fix, so it's probably unrealistic of me to think it could be solved within the confines of a Zeus addon. I will attempt to get as close as possible with the new features you're adding to units, which look very exciting. Thank you again for all your hard work on this mod. It is, hands down, the most important one in my library.

Hello, we used Achilles for the first time in a Zeus Op tonight. We noticed some weird effects with Teamspeak and TFAR.

When our zeus players hop in and out of remote controlled units, they were momentarily getting kicked out of the TFAR channel and players could hear them in the clear over TS.

Anyone else experienced this ?

example in the video.. When I kill the sneaky insurgent and zeus leaves the dead body... you can hear him momentarily.... "scared them"

http://youtu.be/fXyTYNzqx28?t=1h37m15s

Hello, we used Achilles for the first time in a Zeus Op tonight. We noticed some weird effects with Teamspeak and TFAR.

When our zeus players hop in and out of remote controlled units, they were momentarily getting kicked out of the TFAR channel and players could hear them in the clear over TS.

We've noticed it, but it also seems to affect players who die. They just seem to get momentarily disconnected from TFAR. It's to the point in our unit that we warn everyone not to curse or shout when they die because everyone on the server will hear them. Not sure if the recent TFAR update addresses it.

example in the video.. When I kill the sneaky insurgent and zeus leaves the dead body... you can hear him momentarily.... "scared them"

http://youtu.be/fXyTYNzqx28?t=1h37m15s

If you activate TFR "serious mode" you won't have that issue... even if people disconnect the channel gets muted

We already run serious mode. Something has changed in the code of Achilles to the way it was done in Ares.

Could you take a look for us please as it's a deal breaker for if we cannot get it resolved. :-/