Is it poseble to make a para drop/ modul ??

somthink like:

Reinforcment by:

Plane/hely type:

What to para inset::

@SD ^BOB^

1) As I see BIS_fnc_ambientAnim is not a good option for MP. Based on that function I will write a modified one that is more approriate for MP and supports more animations.

2) I want to write more detailed tutorials for custom configs in future. Here is how the cfgMusic in description.ext should look like:

class CfgMusic
{
	tracks[]={};
	class ArmA2_Reforger
	{
		name = "ArmA2 Reforger";                // Display Name
		duration = 155; 			// Given in seconds; Is converted in mm:ss and shown in Zeus interface.
		musicClass = "Lead"; 			// Definition needed in order to unlock the music (can be "Lead", "Action", "Stealth", "Calm".
		sound[] = {"music\Ambient08_Reforger.ogg", db+10, 1.0};
	};
};

3) Sounds will be supported later. I postponed that part, since I have to write a new framework for sounds as the current system does not support single execution.

@loopdk

A para drop option for reinforcement is already planned.

In general,

there are a lot things to be fixed or implemented, so don't worry if features are still missing in the upcomming updates. They will be there in future.

The priority in the next updates are fixes.

• Like 2

Thanks kex, works now. I see how that may be intuitive for teleporting people, but if you have the time, may i request also having the old way of teleporting people? (a selection box appears with player names), its just faster that way.

Some way to make helos sling-load load and fly to a Wp and drop cargo Exactly where I decide,by just place down everything,will be most welcomed feature.

Some way to add barrage of arty/mortar that won`t hit players,just create ambience,will come in handy.

Some way to check if enemy is within 200m and send a 2-ship of Sandy CAS-planes automatically,if I press a key.Module-based.

Air Rescue will be spawned if a plane goes down,automatically-module based.Lots of options.tnx

Great mod! Keep at it.

Hot dang, thanks much Kex! The music addition is something I've been wishing I could do as Zeus for a while now! 

@zafjr

The reimplementation of the list option is already planned.

@teddymosart1

1) The Hook/Unhook waypoints are defenitely something I want to put on the waypoint list.

2) Just use the target logic and the artillery fire mission modules for this purpose.

3) We will probably have a new CAS module in future, but I don't think a key assignment is really necessary.

4) As soon as I have fixed the land waypoint, you can do that on your own. There is no need for an extra module.

Similarly to mannulus, I get a bunch of script errors when choosing OPFOR from the re-enforcements module (which would be loading RHS russians in the dropdown below I imagine). Something about division by zero and errors in other scripts. I'll get a debug log when I'm home.

Hey, just wanted to say, that I like your mod! So, I wanted to help you. Translated stringtable in russian language! Unfortunately, the only problem is that original Ares features are not in this stringtable, so I don't know, how to translate it. But Achilles stringtable is fully translated! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqz2cr726klk2us/ACHILLES_stringtable.xml?dl=0

Regarding compositions:

Please remove ammo boxes and vehicles from the compositions, namely

BIS Small Checkpoint (Ammobox)

BIS Medium Checkpoint (Ammobox + Ifrit + Quadbike)

Is there a way the community can suggest compositions and the best one are getting added to the mod?  ^_^

Great work, please keep it up :D

(wohoo, access to vehicle inventory!)

Suppressive Fire:
Daamn, that's neat! However, could you tone down the fire rate a little bit? :)

Also, how can I remove the Targets(also Artillery Targets)?

Regarding compositions:

Please remove ammo boxes and vehicles from the compositions, namely

BIS Small Checkpoint (Ammobox)

BIS Medium Checkpoint (Ammobox + Ifrit + Quadbike)

Is there a way the community can suggest compositions and the best one are getting added to the mod?  ^_^

Great work, please keep it up :D

(wohoo, access to vehicle inventory!)

Why dont you just delete them after spawning them in? Regarding compositions,look at the ZEC mod. He has a huuuuge amount of them and keeps on expanding them. 

Why dont you just delete them after spawning them in? 

Those assets are tied to certain factions, the compositions should be generic to use for any faction, right now Ammox box is AAF, vehicles are CSAT models.

(Ikr, it's not much work for me to clean this up, but I assume I'm not the only one who will be bothered by it :P)

Will look at ZEC mod, thanks :)

@alexcroox

Zero division Error: Seems like the script tries to select an element of an array that does not exist.

Let me know what the exact traceback for the error is.

@Igor Nikolaev

Thank you for your effort! I will add the translations to the stringtable.

The translations for the Ares features are in the same stringtable. Therefore, you already translated some of them.

The stringtable is definitely not yet complete. I'm continuously updating it.

@dermixxer

1) I completely forgot that I copied compositions from the campaign. The ammo boxes and vehicles shouldn't be there. I'll fix that.

2) About compositions in general: As twakkie told you there already exists excellent composition mods. Furthermore, one of my major future plan is to provide a way to save/spawn custom compositions.

Can you bring back punishment so I can make people do pushups? It gives me pleasure.

• Like 1

Outstanding work on this mod. Many of these functions have been missing from Zeus for a long time. I'm especially impressed with the Suppressive Fire module! I will happily use this as is, but if you make any adjustments, a random seed would be much appreciated. Something that allows some units in a group to fire in bursts would really increase the volume of firepower.

For a proposed feature, I would love to see the ability to remove ammunition from units. That feature was part of MCC, but that mod didn't play well with others, sadly.

@solviper

I thought that the training cagegory is rather unnecessary so I removed it, but I will move the punishment module to the category "player".

@diehardfc

1) I may add some additional parameters to the suppressive fire module in future.

2) For vehicles I intend to implement an option to edit the ammunition, but for units I guess Arsenal does a good job now thanks to the deep copy functionality.

If all works as intended, then the next update will be scheduled on this sunday.

The current change log (probably not yet completed):

V.0.0.2 (Achilles Expansion (alpha version))

* Feature: More ambient animations + combat ready option
* Feature: Spawn Mines/Explosives module.
* Feature: More waypoints are avaiable.
* Feature: Russian translation (not complete yet)
* Feature: Advanced compositions system
* Feature: Object modification modules: change hight, attach to.
* Change:  List option for teleport dialog is aviable again.
* Fix:     Locality issues for ambient animations.
* Fix:     Ambient animations could not be terminated.
* Fix:     Errors in stringtable (Earthquake + Reinforcement).
* Fix:     Copy mission SQF module from Ares was missing.
* Fix:     Disable simulation module from Ares was missing.
* Fix:     Effect modules did not spawn at the exact defined position.
* Fix:     Teleport Module did not teleport vehicles.
* Fix:     Advanced Waypoints (ACE fast-roping, Land, ...) did not work.
* Fix:     BIS campaign compositions included vehicles and ammo boxes.
* Fix:     Search and occupy building script did not work anymore.
* Fix:     Last choices in some dialogs were not saved properly.
* Fix:     Cancle button was to small for german translation.
  • Like 1

Can we get some option to make the troops dig-in and go defensive? and possible,set up artillery-site/other?

Can we get some option to make the troops dig-in and go defensive? and possible,set up artillery-site/other?

You can double click an AI group and set their combat stance to combat. They will search for cover then. Apart from that, I assume the "Garrison" module is still in place.

@diehardfc

1) I may add some additional parameters to the suppressive fire module in future.

2) For vehicles I intend to implement an option to edit the ammunition, but for units I guess Arsenal does a good job now thanks to the deep copy functionality.

Sorry, when I said remove ammunition, I meant with a slider bar, like the Health/Armor or Fuel sliders you see when you bring up a unit's properties box. It takes too long to do through Arsenal when the unit is in the middle of combat. Maybe this is a corner case, but there have been times in my games where an enemy unit is pounding the players and I want it to stop. Without a 'CEASE FIRE' waypoint, what I used to do with MCC is just take away all of their ammunition with the slider. I could even give it back later, if necessary. It's also helpful for when I want to "scare" players by sending an attack chopper or fast mover to do a flyby. The AI will always attack targets, but if I remove all the ammunition, there's no threat of that.

Is V.0.0.2 (Achilles Expansion (alpha version)) released ??

@teddymosart1

I guess dermixxer gave you the answer to your question. And for artillery stuff, the artillery fire mission module & create artillery target should provide everything you need.

@diehardfc

Yeah, the editor does have such an option. I wonder why it is missing in Zeus while the other sliders are present. Anyway, I will add that slider to the basic dialog.

@Arma3_JSOC

It is V0.0.2 that I intend to release on sunday.

• Like 3

Thanks a lot for your amazing work for the Arma3 community...

Oh, I have a suggestion, dont know if its possible. A shortcut key for Remote-control. Instead of having to go to modules-zeus-remotecontrol then dropping it on a unit every damn time, how about clicking a shortcut key only available while in zeus mode (ctrl-r or something) and the zeus remote control module is instantly selected wherever you are, now all you have to do is drop it on the unit. Or maybe, Select single unit, then press hotkey to instantly remote-control (when multiple units are selected, random is chosen). :-)  It gets so damn tiring doing it the normal way especially when your doing heavily curated story missions.

and for this * Change:  List option for teleport dialog is aviable again. 

I hope it is still possible to select the drop down list, then typing in the first few letters and it selects the player you typed in. (eg. from a list of Ryan,Rommel,Raymond - typing in R followed by O would highlight Rommel) Which is how it was with old Ares. makes selecting players quicker.

edit: one more :-p - Again dont know if its possible, but a collapse button like the new one in Eden editor would help a lot with crowded zeus interface when using many mods like RHS. 

• Like 3

@zafjr

1) There is already a shortcut avaible that was part of Ares. Press left CTRL and double click on a unit to remote-control it.

2) What you describe seems to be the basic behaviour of the combo box control, so you don't have to worry about that.

3) Someone already brought up this idea. I intend to implement it.

Oh, great . :) everything i suggested was redundant :-p